1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

18+ (Closed) An Era of Dusk

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Madrar, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Andre Marek

Andre Marek You can run, but you'll only die tired...

sorry for the slow and short reply. Caught a cold the other day and aren't feeling all that great aha

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rafen

Rafen Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it too much, @Andre Marek your post was still good. Hopefully you get over it soon. Also, I have a question, @Madrar . Actually, two questions, since I'm a fluffing liar apparently. Is Ulfric still living in WIndhelm? Or has he moved over to Solitude? Okay, three questions. I'm a super fluffing liar. What is the atmosphere outside and about like? Not just Dragon Bridge, but Skyrim in general.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Madrar

Madrar The Shadow in the Dark.

@Rafen Well, it's not great. There are no outright 'purges' exactly, but non nords, particularly non humans, live in poor conditions, and most of them are watched very carefully, especially in Windhelm and near the border.

People like Galmar and Rolf Stonefist, who used to be vocal minorities are still minorities, they're just the ones in charge now. With the disappearances, everyone suspects everyone, so it's difficult for people who are traveling from town to town like....our group.

As for Ulfric, yes he still lives in Windhelm. Even though he's the high king now, he wants to stick with ancient nord traditions by staying in the palace of the kings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rafen

Rafen Well-Known Member

Good to know. I should have a reply up in a few.

5. Madrar

Should be able to post tomorrow sometime.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Morbidbread

Morbidbread Fight for the lost

Same here. Probably in a few hours though.

7. Aethalia

Aethalia Well-Known Member

So, I guess Ysane should have approached your character, @Thesius because right now she's pretty much softly told everyone in the tavern that she's an elf.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Harkatti

Harkatti Sorceress Supreme!

I can probably post sometime today, if needed.

9. Andre Marek

I'll get a post up tomorrow as well. How should we get everyone on the move to the farm?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thesius

Thesius The Imperial Paladin

I was thinking about that earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong, @TheArgonianDrell but didn't Sothas mention something about heading out to the farm before Thoras introduced himself? I'm thinking I'll have Argus agree, and kind of extend an invitation to the others. Like I mentioned, Argus doesn't want to be a leader, and I definitely don't want to steal the plot from @Madrar . If he's got an idea of how he wants things to go down, I'll defer to him. I just think, considering the setting, that it would be better for people to assume that Argus or maybe Lorkas are leading the group. With both of them being good old patriotic nords and what not.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Madrar

Go for it @Thesius . I'll let you guys come up with whatever you want to find there. I do have a few specific things that we'll come across inside, but feel free to look around for a bit first. I would like to mention that there'll be no blood or bodies inside the farmhouse, but there are signs of a struggle; rumpled blankets, knocked over chairs, possible signs of resistance.

12. Thesius

Thesius The Imperial Paladin

So, we're at the farmhouse. Guys, feel free to let me know if you want me to change anything or if that was too railroady for you. I tried to keep it open so that if anyone doesn't feel like going to the farmhouse right away/at all, you don't have to.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Harkatti

Harkatti Sorceress Supreme!

Seems okay to me. I meant to get a post up earlier, but I really couldn't think of anything to write. For sure will get something up in an hour or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andre Marek

I kinda came to the same conclusion as Harkatti. Wasn't quite sure what to post the other day. How is everyone doing with the quarantine?

15. Rafen

Rafen Well-Known Member

I can also post today. Been off work since they shut down non-essential business here. I do have some stuff to take care of, so @Harkatti if you want Zarr to head to the farmhouse, just have Dren trail along with her. He's being quiet and surly right now anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rafen

Rafen Well-Known Member

Well I work for toyota at a plant in Ontario, and we're shut down for the next couple of weeks. On the plus side, I'm catching up on my gaming and reading, so I can't complain too much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andre Marek

Haha, I'm a carpenter in Nova Scotia myself but no one wants people coming and going from their homes right now. And my girlfriend is at a higher risk of geting sick so I have also decided to pump up my play time hours haha.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rafen

Rafen Well-Known Member

Hey, it helps keep the boredom away, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TheShadedOne

TheShadedOne The Angry One

So I can probably post tonight or tomorrow. My one jobis shut down completely,and my part time is only having me work a couple shifts a week, so I've got lots of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rell

Rell Champion of Malacath!

So, @Thesius what exactly is your characters accent? I've been imagining the general 'hurr-durr' of the guards in Skyrim, but I'm not sure what his actual voice is supposed to sound like. I know it's kinda hard to describe voices. I generally just go with 'gruff and gravelly' for Balgur, and leave the rest to the imagination.