OOC City of the Dead (Currently Recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    It has been over fifty years since the Civil War in Skyrim. However, a sinister force has moved into the ruins of a great city far below the surface. Strange creatures, twisted and evil looking are seen near caves rotted, skulking things. people go missing without a trace, only to be found near those very same caves, as one of the shambling monstrosities, or simply eaten. The High King, has put out a call for adventurers to put a stop to these abominations once and for all. The Candle Hearth hall in Windhelm is the meeting place for these adventurers. However, it's possible that not all of them have the best intentions at heart......

Rules
    1) No God modding
    2)No Dragonborn, no shouts.
    3) No one liners.
    4) Powerful spells are allowed, as long as they don't conflict with rule #1
    5) Keep swearing to a minimum in the actual RP.
    6) Enjoy the RP
    7) You may have two characters, but only if you're certain you can handle them.​
    I'll be starting it once we have about six people. It'll remain open however. Just submit your character card here, and I'll look it over. Thanks.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Dorvath ShadowRune
    Race: Dunmer
    Class: Rogue/ Spell sword
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Armour: None, wears only fine red, shirt.
    Weapons: A scimitar, and a bandolier of steel daggers that constantly replenish themselves. A belt of wands.
    Appearance: Average height (5'6"), shoulder length white hair, typical grey skin of the Dunmer. Thiun and lean.

Background-Born in Vivec City, Dorvath quickly grew bored of the day to day life in Morrowind, and left to seek his fortune as a mercenary. Arrived in Skyrim during the civil war there, and sold his services to both sides for enormous fees. Went into hiding when the war was over, as the local Nords forced most Non-Nords out of Skyrim. He's made powerful enemies over the past century, but has managed to either outfight, out think, or out run all of them.

He thinks of himself as an entrepreneur, although the local guards of each and every hold he stays in see it differently. Despite his protests that he is a 'lover, not a fighter', Dorvath can hold his own in battle, using his variety of magical wands and rings, or throwing daggers and his finely honed scimitar and a hail of throwing daggers. Always looking for new 'friends' mostly because they'll help him achieve his goals.

Tdroid

Name: Thorom Hard-Heart
    Race: Nord
    Class: Crusader
    Appearance: 6.0ft, slightly stocky, dark green eyes, pale white skin and medium-dark blond hair.
    Personality: Blunt spoken. Rarely tells the whole truth, as he distrusts other people by default. Is unsure what to think about the Empire and the Stormcloaks, he is more concerned with the damned Thalmor. Loyal to people he knows, but is not above sacrifice for the greater good.
    Misc: Skilled fighter with warhammer and plated armor. Have some knowledge of the healing arts. Limited resources, he makes money by hunting down monsters and criminals. No permanent residence, stays at inns when he can.
    Equipment: A set of steel plate armor, a steel warhammer and his Hard Iron Ring(family item, said to improve his skillswith arms).

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    I would like to join this and I will put up a character card soon :)

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    hey, can I join as a powerful zombie? :D

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Name: J'Oran

Race: Kajiit

Bio: Oran was trained to be great at magic by his parents and mentors in the lovely homeland of the Kajiit's, Elswery. One day him and his parents where attacking a group of undead warriors which killed his parents and its his biggest reason for his hatred for the undead and after that he lived with his mentors and carried on his love of magic and at 15 he left to fight the undead for his parents and the rest of Tamriel! A few years later he went to Skyrim a place of snow and adventure. He then joined one
    of the most feared groups in the whole of tamriel the Dark Brotherhood and served to protect his breveren and friends in death and glory! One day he decided that he needed to do more things involving his unique abilites of magic so he left the dark brotherhood but still welcome if the unlikely avent of something awful and he carried on his destiny to rid of all undead in the hope of one day restoring his family honor to Skyrim. Since then he has had no real luck of joining any guilds to do with magic accept the college of Winterhold but with his past with the dark brotherhood he was not welcome and he traveled through places like Hammerfell, Morrowind and even the plains of Oblivion. He had no luck though... Until Now!

Appearance:
    images

Armour: Dark Brotherhood ancient shrouded armour.

Weapons: He uses mostly destruction magic , but in close combat he likes to use ebony axes and swords.

Abilities: Great at magic and one handed weapons.

Personality: He's kind but he sometimes gets in rages and he enjoys bringing pain to his enemies. He also respects those who are in charge of him and he will do what must be done if it is right or wrong. He is hard to trust at times and he is very unpredictable. He is also quite cautious and when first meeting someone he will draw his sword just in case, but when he has got use to someone he will usually try become friendly and respectful of the person but still if has known the person for years or even days he will always have his blade ready to strike out at any false move!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
    Name: Kino-Marama (Translation: Bad Moon)
    Race: Nord (or possibly Redguard)
    Class: Barbarian

Background: Found on the North-Western shores of Skyrim, with no memory of past or what day it was. Visions plagued his mind as bone-chilling screams, Dark shrouds shaped like men butchering people all around and the most chilling of all. the village in which was attacked wrapped in a blanket of dark green flames that danced like wild men in the moonlight jumping from one house to the other. Scavenging through the wreckage of the surrounding landscape, he stumbles upon a weapon of familiar origin. A war club made of Iron and wood with a Moon attached to the hilt. Seeing this as the last piece of puzzle to his unknown origins he takes it upon himself to take this weapon and head to the bright lights of the east in search of some answers to his whereabouts.

Armor: Fur Armor (Bare torso) with Leather Boots and Hide Bracers

Weapon: A War-Club made from an Iron and Wood, three feathers attached to the head with a Moon Shaped pendent engraved into the hilt of the weapon.

Personality: Distanced and unnaturally quiet, considering his tragic past. ( I may also use this Character for writing fan-fictions with)

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    hey, can I join as a powerful zombie? :D

I'd rather you didn't. As the story is centered on the adventurers, rather than the undead.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Name: Kristoff Avidius
    Race: Imperial
    Appearance: 5'8" in height. Dark brown medium length hair, parted left to right and unkempt lower portion. Brown eyes. Scar on right corner of his mouth. Slightly muscular above the average build of a fighting man.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Skills: One Handed, Restoration, Alteration
    Class: Witchhunter

Weapons:
    • "Daedra Hunter": Silver whip blessed by Stendarr; 5-feet long whip with small interlocking silver chains connected to a crystal-shaped silver piece at its tip. Capable of banishing weaker forms of daedra.
    • "Soul Healer": Silver dagger blessed by Meridia; frees trapped souls of the righteous bound on their undead bodies, releases a faint yellow light on the markings engraved on the blade when undead are near.
    • set of silver throwing knives.

Apparel:
    • Brown trench coat reinforced with bits of steel; shoulder plates resembling a vampire lord and dremora on each side, chest plates, and hip protector.
    • Medium-class civilian inner clothing.
    • Leather gauntlets.
    • Leather bandolier with knife holsters.
    • Leather hip belt with side pouch and whip holster.
    • Witch hunter hat with werewolf buckle.
    • Ring of Sunfire

Abilities:
    • Cure Disease
    • Repel Lesser Undead
    • Steadfast Ward
    • Close Wounds
    • Heal Other
    • Stoneflesh
    • Water Breathing
    • Water Walking
    • Feather

Misc:
    • Kristoff, being raised in a monastery, holds a person's life the dearest and detests any element that may bring harm to it, be it as an understandable threat such as evil entities or as a small maintainable activity such as partaking of alcohol.
    • Former member of the Order of the Virtuous Blood in Cyrodiil and former Vigilant of Stendarr in Skryrim. Now a wandering witchhunter and no longer bound by standards of factions, Kristoff's takes motivation from doing things for the greater good.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Two more people and we'll start

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Brother
    Would it be okay if I joined?
    I trust you know my character, however there is a link in my signature

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    OK, I'll start the private RP tonight.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
    Can i join? :]

Name: Volanaro Direne
    Titles: High Inquisitor (disgraced)
    Nicknamed: The Terror of Auri-El
    Race: High Elf

Class: Defensive/Fire Mage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Appearance:
    552fdf3609770f43e06acb86e795445e-d4qbnrj.png

Armor: Hoodless Thalmor robes and when he is not wearing that he is wearing a high quality silk clothing.

Personality: Haughty, careless, impulsive, pushy are the bads of Volanaro, Clever, fair, logical, confident, versatile are some of his goods.

Combat Prefs: Believing that the best defense the best offense, he uses the most of defensive and fire magics.

Bio: The peak of High Elf breeding, Volanaro was trained to be the very best of his race. He was given away by his parents at a very young age to a high-end school. Years pass as he learned and trained in the school. His graduation came and he was brought right away into the Aldmeri Dominion as a leader of a group of mages.

He soon became well-respected among is subordinates. The Great War came and he was send to out to fight on the front lines. With his defensive magic, he was able to stop thousands of arrows and spells from hitting his troops. With a single flick of his hand, he was able to destroy multitudes of garrisons. He soon became known as The Terror of Auri-El by both his troops and the Imperial Legion.

After the war ended, he became a High Inquisitor of the Thalmor. His power in extended in many directions around Tamerial but many elves became jealous of his power. He was eventually betrayed by his second in command and became disgraced. He now roams Tamerial in search of vengeance against those who betrayed him.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    (Sorry, may I join?)
    Name: Leepdroon Antepion
    Race: Argonian
    Class: All-Around, mostly light armored and usually works in the unseen path.
    Faction: College of Winterhold, The Nature Guardians (Created by me, not from the game)
    War: Nobody besides J'Zargo, who gave his word about keeping it secret with his life, knows.Yet he says he witnessed the destruction of Helgen, which either reveals he was an enemy to the imperials going to be executed, or part of the Imperial army.
    Looks: Strong green skin, thin, not very muscled, 6.1 ft, war paint in the cheeks, claw scar in the eye, by an enraged Cave Bear Mother.
    Diseases: He suffered from vampirism but was healed by Falion. He also appears to suffer from weak misanthropy, but he fights it the best he can.
    Skills: Adept Lockpicking, Experienced One-Handed Skills, Adept in Archery, Master Sneaking, Medium Speech, Advanced Conjuration and Destruction and Apprentice Smithing. He also handles himself quite nice in both kinds of armor, especially Light since he needs to be silent and fast for spells and theft.
    Personality: Really hard to trust someone. Usually likes to remain silent in arguements, so nobody knows which side he is on in mostly all matters besides the Forsworn.
    Misc: Lives either in Riften protected by the Thieves, or sleeps at the College. He is fascinated by the Dwarven techonlogies and investigates them with his brother-in-arms J'Zargo.
    Equipment: Thieves' armor, College's hood, Orcish boots and Dwarven gauntlets. He also wields a silver amulet that his mother gave him before passing away from all her wounds and exhaustion. His hands may wield two Orcish daggers, a Spriggan Blade (I invented it, doesn't exist in Skyrim) and an Ebony shield, or a Spriggan Blade and a spell to conjure a Flame Atronach or Frost Atronarch.
    Likes: Argonian Ale, Spriggans, Music, Swimming, Rivers, especially without Slaughterfish so he can swim freely, Dwarven technologies.
    Dislikes: Both-Handed, Falmer, Thalmor, Forsworn, Racism, especially against Khajiit and Argonians, Civil Wars, Memories of the Black Marsh, Slaughterfish.
    Acquaintances (Just NPC's who are my friends): J'Zargo (College of Winterhold), Cicero (Dark Brotherhood), Goldenleaf (Nature Guardians), Razorwind (Nature Guardians) and Miraclerain (Nature Guardians). (How they met is in the journal, my blog)
    Bio: Nobody knows much. He fought in the Black Marsh civil war according to his journal and lost his parents after the war was over. His best friend is the wizard J'Zargo, a Khajiit who studies in the College of Winterhold like him. Their desire of wealth and interest in Dwarven technologies brought them into an adventure against Falmer through ancient Dwemer ruins. They owe their lives to each other when they saw their end so close in an unexpected attack from Dwarven Spheres Masters.
    Enemy factions: Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Falmer, Forsworn.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Character Name: Loki

Class: Spellsword (Kind of. Speech, Destruction, Illusion, Alteration, Hand-to-hand and enchanting)

Looks: He has long black hair, blue or green eyes depending on wether or not he is angry, very tall and somewhat skinny. (Basically Loki from the Thor and Avengers films.)

Personality: He is a very intelligent person. He believes he is above most others and because he is such a powerful and durable Mage, he has proclaimed himself a God. He is cold and ruthless sometimes but curiously can also be kind and thoughtful to those he loves. He was adopted as a baby and his parents never told him until he figured it out for himself. He is distrustful of most people and is rather selfish. He is extremely complex and a master of speech and deceit. They call him "The Mage with the silver tongue.". He is always thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else and is a master tactician.

Combat Preferences: He normally uses destruction and illusion magic in his left hand while using his staff in his right. He custom built his staff do that it could be used as a spear or pike and uses it as such should anyone get close. The staff normally fires pure magicka blasts(not sure if I'm allowed, please tell me if I can't have that) and is extremely dangerous. If he does not have his staff he will uses his daggers or fists. He is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant and can also expertly throw his daggers.

Miscellaneous: He does not know where he was born other than it was somewhere in Cyrodil. A Nord couple found him in the temple of the one and took him back to Skyrim. Knowing that he was weaker than the other Nords he decided to study magic at the college of Winterhold and soon surpassed everyone else, including the Arch-Mage. He found out his true heritage when he uncovered his inherent abilities. He now hates his father and has a constant rivalry with his adopted brother. He learnt all he could and soon made an alliance with the Thalmor after he met Elenwen, the Thalmor ambassador. They helped him create his signature staff and now he helps them and they help him take Skyrim.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    I'd like to join:

Character name: Arthonnen Nerevar II
    Race: Dwemer/Dunmer
    Class: Exiled Morag Tong Master
    Looks: Tall, light grey skin with pure red eyes. Long brown hair. Well built usually travel worn. Surprisingly young as he was born just after the Oblivion Crisis (See Background), heavy burns down the right side of the body. A pure red streak of war paint going up his face until the eye where it splits in two
    Personality: Supports the Imperials but has a strong hate for the Thalmor, as his father was good friends with them but when Red Mountain erupted they didn't come to aid. He swore an oath on the bones of his father he would track them down and destroy them.
    Background: Indoril Nerevar, Chimer King of Morrowind, had an unknown child with a Dwemer maiden and thus began this Family tree. Arthonnen Nerevar I decided to forsake his deal with the Daedric Prince Boethiah for a deal with Molag Bal slowly corrupting his body. Arthonnen Nerevar II fled to the ashlands after this seeking a cure for his vampirism. Upon finding a cure, he took it but it didn't work leaving him with the curse of eternal youth. He then returned home after the Red Mountain erupted and slayed his father and younger brother, shattering Goldbrand in the process. He then searches Tamriel for Thalmor to kill as part of his oath. He originally came to Skyrim on direct orders from the Emporer to fulfill the empty spot of Legate, and due to his coming is higher in rank that Rikke, and if Tullius dies he becomes General of the Legion.
    Combat Preferences: Arthonnen's Combat Preferences are either dual wielding daggers, or his ebony sword Askr-dreyri. Also he uses his bow Hefna-almr. Another thing he wields is Lightning, Alteration, Conjuration or Illusion spells.
    Misc: Has a known relationship with the Dunmer Karliah and lives with her in their home Heljarchen Hall

Oh and Malitiasicarius before you start going on about Lore breaking Goldbrand was about 100 years before skyrim

UnLonged

True to the Name
    I want some stuff cleared up on some points of your character. He wants revenge on the Thalmor because they didn't give his family aid during the eruption, yes? So did that incident killed his family or is he the one who killed them with Goldbrand, which being the main reason why it shattered? Sorry if I sound that I am stepping on your creative space, I'm just a bit confused on some stuff.

Also, at the time your character encounters an enemy in the RP, is he going to use all of those skills you mentioned; i.e. using one-handed or dual wielding, archery, destruction, illusion, alteration, and conjuration all at once? Because if he is, that is quite overpowered in my opinion, unless of course he is not a total expert on those skills like he knows only one or two spells from those fields.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    I want some stuff cleared up on some points of your character. He wants revenge on the Thalmor because they didn't give his family aid during the eruption, yes? So did that incident killed his family or is he the one who killed them with Goldbrand, which being the main reason why it shattered? Sorry if I sound that I am stepping on your creative space, I'm just a bit confused on some stuff.

Also, at the time your character encounters an enemy in the RP, is he going to use all of those skills you mentioned; i.e. using one-handed or dual wielding, archery, destruction, illusion, alteration, and conjuration all at once? Because if he is, that is quite overpowered in my opinion, unless of course he is not a total expert on those skills like he knows only one or two spells from those fields.
    (I think he has a point. Having a character who has flaws makes the rp more interesting)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts