Private Chronicles of the Void (OOC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Akhkharus

9CYe1Jm.png
    Every organization faces tough times; groups disbanding, what is thought to be a strong bond between people suddenly snags, members confronted with conflicting choices. As with every organization that experience hardships, only two ways are provided for them: either they rise up anew, or completely crumble down.

Some say that the Dark Brotherhood is an immortal organization as they serve their Dread Father, that even in death they still roam Tamriel guiding would-be assassins to do the bidding of Sithis. Some believe that the Dark Brotherhood is nothing but hokum created by elders to stop the little ones from wandering far off civilized areas. Those who are knowledgeable hold both thoughts to be true, that they are both myth and reality. But even something that is strong as the Dark Brotherhood experience tough times.

Like a sitting duck in the open, the Brotherhood was among many target underground organizations during two centuries of the fourth era; sanctuaries sacked and invaded, members scattering away for safe harbor, and what hurt them the most is the inability to efficiently acquire and finish contracts, dulling its presence in Tamriel. As the numerous wars progressed across the entirety of the realm, so did the gradual decay of the Brotherhood; its essence seeping away into the cracks of the land.

The strong sanctuary in Cheydinhal eventually met its demise, only four people surviving the plague that has ridden the other homes of their ilk: a faithful Listener, the lone Speaker, and the eccentric Keeper of the unholy matron. A faint glimmer of hope shined upon them with news of a standing sanctuary in Skyrim still standing strong inside a lonely forest down south. And so did the four traveled, past countless roads and vast lands.

A lone standing sanctuary of the Brotherhood, still operational, still delivering souls to the Void. Or are they? So long did the old ways left the Black Door, performing without guidance from the Dread Father, killing without guidance from the Night Mother. They no longer resemble the dark family, only doing it for the coin and not for the glory of Sithis.

The four did move on, reaching the northern shores that kiss the Sea of Ghosts. An apt name for the home they seek that lies within; empty, devoid of the humble servant of Sithis.

It took much work, but now they stand strong, from the faithful three the dark family grew and grew. Finally, it was time to greet Tamriel however they each intend to: a blade in the dark, magic energy from shadowy corners, an unfriendly drink of poison.

~--------------------------~
    -Listener-
    Akhkharus
    Valdir Blacksun
    -Speakers-
    Lifts-Her-Tail
    Sheena
    -Assassins-
    Alysa Roesch
    Awn
    Daryl Dixon
    Daud
    Fevershaking
    Gen
    Zihark2393
    Kaitokashi
    ~--------------------------~
    Hey guys, finally made the OOC for this. It's weird how we got here from just wanting to start a dying thread.​
    I'll start the IC once attendance of each member is accounted for.​
    To those who just happened to stumble upon this and hopes to join, I'm sorry but this is predetermined already. If ever one of us happens to be unavailable for an indefinite amount of time, I'll be open to recruits.​

Some rules and other details...

1. This is an 18+ RP. Languages, gory details, adult themes are welcome but keep it classy. If you truly want a very raunchy 18+ content, do so privately within yourselves through PMs or something.​
    2. Do not get into loud, shouty arguments with your fellow RPers.​
    3. No godmodding.
    4. Try to keep posts to one paragraph or more (five decent-length sentences or more).
    5. No one-liners. Simple.​
    6. No OOC lines are to be included in the IC thread, use this one for that.​
    7. Don't be the guy who, every time there's a weak-ish enemy, one-shot-kills it. Sometimes people like to be creative in the way they kill things so be descriptive.​
    8. Inter-character relations are fine.
    9. Post at least once a day. Exceptions can be made if you really couldn't squeeze in one post, or if you haven't been getting alerts.​
    10. No meta-gaming, whatever it is you have read about in the OOC should not be immediately known by your character unless stated otherwise. You and your character do not share a brain.​
    11. Questions are encouraged if things are a bit fuzzy to you.​
    12. Keep story related posts to at most two per person a day, we don't want this to crash to oblivion because of rapid fire replies.​
    13. Have fun, and lastly...​
    14. HAVE FUN!!!​

Akhkharus

Aww..geez, you're putting the blush in me cheeks :D

You said before that you wanted to help lead, right? I want to finalize some stuff here before we go on the IC threads. How do you want to help?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Niceeeeee

Name: Daud (Pronounced -D-Ow-D)
    Race: Nord
    Sex: Male
    Affiliations: Many people know the tale of Daud, on the waterfront district in the imperial city they still tell ghost stories.

Daud once had influence with the thieves guild in Cyrodil, but not in Skyrim.

Daud has made many, many enemies.

Daud has worked with and against the Thalmor, they see him as a neutral party and would make dealings with him again as they do not know he is the one who has assassinated so many of them.

Appearance: Short brown hair, blue eyes, no facial hair, a noticeable scar running down his right eye- it starts a little above the eyebrow and runs down past his eye and nearly reaching his lip. Daud is not the average Nord build and is instead a slimmer, more agile build.

View attachment 5510

Gear: Daud wears a custom leather armour, it looks somewhat like it does in the picture above. He has a variety of poisons and an ebony dagger and sword at his disposal.

Personality: Daud is a very calm and collected man, and he takes his contracts very seriously. Outside of his contracts around people he doesn't like he is also serious, and keeps his personal matters and life personal.
    Around a select few he is a witty and sarcastic guy, the people he becomes familiar with he can see he does have emotions. The Daud Viera knows is a very different Daud that anyone else would know, seemingly two entirely different personalities. Daud has good leadership skills and can communicate with others effectively.
    He appears to be very professional to those he deals with in business but to those he is close with it is entirely different. His mothers suicide weighs heavily on Dauds shoulders, he takes full responsibility and blame and cannot forgive himself.

Daud only gets seen by his targets when he wants to be, Daud goes through to his target killing no one but who he is paid to kill. Daud prefers to remain unseen, and when he kills those he wasnt paid to kill he makes sure the place isn't put on high alert.

Likes: Daud likes people who can act professional when needed, and people who can think on their feet. Daud is also fond of rats, he even has a pet rat.

Dislikes: Daud doesn't like people who prefer brute force, he sees it as impatient and stupid.
    Daud doesn't like being uninformed and left out of the loop, and hates a mystery.

Positive traits: Loyal, Charismatic, Professional when needed. Helps those he feels has been wronged by society; ect a war veteran who is forced to beg on the streets

Negative traits: (can't think of any atm)

History: Daud grew up under very strange circumstances. His father beat him and his mother, his little sister too. When Daud was 15 he had dealt with it long enough, his father raped his mother, cut her, she was black and blue constantly. His sister, while remaining untouched sexually, was beaten at least three times a week. They lived in Cyrodil on the waterfront district, his father robbed beggars out of their coin and anyone else who was foolish enough to wander around defenceless. He would sneak onto the ships and steal their goods too, he was quite talented with stealth.

He was not the average, slim thief. He was big brute of a man, he had to move quietly and slowly but due to his big build he found it hard to hide. He'd crack the skulls of anyone who found him, then go home and abuse his family.

Two men came looking for Dauds father one night, but the man was out. They snuck in and over to Dauds sister, Viera, Daud was awake and he heard their plans. To kill his fathers kids for what he had done to theirs, Daud will never forget the look of shock and horror on his sisters face when the two men fell down dead.

His father came home and Daud got into a rough argument with his father, Daud was very angry that his fathers lifestyle had brought more harm to his family than the man had himself. Dauds father threw him out of the house, and threatened if he ever came back to the Imperial city he would kill him.

But Daud never left the city, he slept on many rooftops and in countless alleyways, he robbed people blind without them knowing about it, he would sneak onto the roof of his old home and listen to what happened in there. He met up with and spoke to his sister, never his mother.

One night Daud heard a bloodcurdling scream from an alleyway, he ran to see a woman being robbed by an armed man. Daud stepped out of the shadows and slit the mans throat, the woman cried out and called for the guards. What a way to say thank you.

Daud knew he had a talent for killing, he was stealthy and yet he felt he was lacking something. He took his sister and mother away from his father one night, they travelled to high rock where Daud studied magic while looking after his mother and sister, he was only 19. Daud couldn't bear to see his family die and his mother was ageing, his sister was 15. Daud had become infected with vampirism, and bestowed the curse upon his family. Viera became a master in conjuration and illusion, she killed for money but limited her targets to the bad men and women.

Dauds mother hated vampirism, she killed herself when Daud was 25

Daud also became an independent assassin, killing anyone he was paid to kill. People believed he could teleport short distances, others believed he simply went invisible and appeared visible somewhere else. No one knows the truth but Daud, even his sister believes the rumour.

As the years went by and the bodies fell Daud and Viera travelled around Tamriel, they had been everywhere. They eventually settled in Skyrim, 20 years later. Daud was looking for a cure to vampirism, 10 years later he was cured in Mortal, his sister wanted no part of it.

By the time Daud was cured it had been 30 years, Daud still looked like he was 19. Daud had grown tired of killing someone for some rich noble only to be paid to kill him the following year, in revenge.

(The person he had hired Daud to kill had family or friends and they were taking revenge and sending his own assassin back, or they didn't know it was Daud and only that it had been that nobleman who hired the assassin)

Dauds sister moved back to the imperial city in search of her father, Daud hasn't seen her in a while. Daud goes by the age he is without adding the vampire years, he tries to keep the fact that he was once a vampire away from discussion as he hates talking about it. Daud is now "24"( he's been around a lot longer, it's just the age Daud claims he is).

So he searched for The Dark Brotherhood..

--

Are we going to have that heartbreaking slaughter of the dark brotherhood after the emperor is killed?

Akhkharus

Well I'll help anyway I possibly can tbh :) xx
    I actually just realized that we have five assassins including you, if you want you could be another speaker.

Are we going to have that heartbreaking slaughter of the dark brotherhood after the emperor is killed?
    That scene is reserved for the Falkreath chapter as always, but I'm gonna tweak it a little so that it will also involve us.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    Can't wait to get started! Great intro Akhkharus.
    ...and here's my cc again

Name: Kaitokashi
    Race: Dark Elf/Vampire
    Class: Assassin/Spell Sword

Appearance:

Personality: Loves control and power, deceptive when necessary, never lets emotions get in the way and thinks people that react emotionally are weak and useless.
    Armor/Weapons: Wears Ebony Armor with Shrouded Boots, Cowl, and Gloves. Wields a Nordic Sword that he obtained after killing a Skaal Warrior in Solstheim. Also uses an Ebony Dagger for quick and stealthy assassinations.

Skills: Expert: Sneak
    Adept: One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Destruction
    Apprentice: Illusion, Alchemy

Bio: Kaitokashi was born in Morrowind but migrated to Skyrim at a young age with his parents after the eruption of Red Mountain. They lived in Windhelm where they were constantly terrorized by the resident Nords. Kaitokashi’s parents were eventually killed in a fire when a drunken Nord burned their house down in the middle of night. The mother and father were trapped inside but Kaitokashi managed to escape.
    After witnessing so much death in his life, Kaitokashi was no longer phased by death and began to embrace it. He tracked down the Nord responsible for his mother and father’s death and killed his entire family in their sleep using a knife from the kitchen. Kaitokashi eventually became an assassin for hire, taking out enemies of fellow Dunmer for a small fee. He used the gold he earned to buy himself Ebony Armor.
    One of Kaitokashi’s contracts required him to go to Solstheim and after the job was completed, he decided to stay in Tel Mithryn and study Magick and Alchemy from the Telvanni wizard Neloth. Still taking contracts on the side, Kaitokashi spent about two years in Solstheim, becoming adept in Destruction and Illusion.
    Kaitokashi returned to Skyrim and continued as an assassin for hire using his newly learned magick skills to assist him in combat and stealth. He eventually took a contract to eliminate a vampire cult that dwelled in a cave near Morthal and successfully executed the mission but caught Sanguinare Vampiris in the process. Kaitokashi decided to let the disease spread its course and became a full-blown vampire because he believed he’d have even more power as a vampire. He considers Vampirism to be a huge asset to his stealthy and dangerous endeavors, often feeding on his victims before running his blade through their heart and collecting his bounty.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    That scene is reserved for the Falkreath chapter as always, but I'm gonna tweak it a little so that it will also involve us.

Nice, a quote from Dishonored could be used [if Daud kills the Emperor and not any of you biatchos] "Whatever doom was coming I deserved it, my people didn't" referring to the soon to happen slaughter :p
    Although they're not "his people" you get the gist

Akhkharus

Editing the intro now...

Hmm..this could become problematic if Daelin would come on at this rate. Anyone want to take place of Listener just in case?

Also, on the thought of being online, since we have varying times (especially me) I would like to ask to limit the posts to two per person a day. With experience of seeing about three roleplays eventually hitting the dump because of rapid fire posts -- putting the unavailable people out of story -- I would not want that to happen here. I hope it's not too much to ask.

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    I'd be willing to step up to the role but of course only if necessary. We can give Daelin more time

Akhkharus

Only if you guys are willing to wait, cause I am but I just feel that we are dragging this for far too long so the decision is with everyone else.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Well I would really prefer to start soon as then I could get a post up as im going to a wedding over the weekend so I'll be unable to post :/

Akhkharus

Okay, let's just start to those who are present already and just let the posts adapt to whoever is present, is that fine? I'm going to start the IC now.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Timelord is probably really busy right now, I'm sure after whatever she's been doing is over she'll be able to make posts more frequently. If we start without her we'll have her character busy with something else, then she can come in.

Although its a little odd because she's the listener I'm sure yous can cook up something.

Can't wait :D

Akhkharus

The first chapter is going to be quite short as it would mostly focus on the companionship inside the brotherhood and then eventually hearing from the Falkreath chapter. Don't worry, contracts would still happen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts