character build help? please? :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sora Prince

Little Brother
I saw on the forums somebody has a breton with perks of:
one handed
shield
heavy armor
restoration / conjuration
Smithing
----
is this viable? it seems weird to be switching between a shield, healing spells and conjuring spells....
can you guys give some advice?
i have made the character but saved when i got to the first lockpicking in the tutorial...
also, does conjuration summoning level up by the summoned attacking or me?

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
You don't have to use a shield for blocking. It's easier (on consoles) to keep your left hand free for switching spells in and out without a shield. Or they switch their sword in and out for easier spell access while being able to block but I never use a shield with my characters that use magic so I don't rightly know.

Sora Prince

Little Brother
You don't have to use a shield for blocking. It's easier (on consoles) to keep your left hand free for switching spells in and out without a shield. Or they switch their sword in and out for easier spell access while being able to block but I never use a shield with my characters that use magic so I don't rightly know.
thanks for replyin. should i use light armor or heavy armor?

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
Np. Up to you really. Heavy armor is great for tanking but light armor is great for quick nimble fighters.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Personally I use heavy armor. Test have shown that without the Conditioning perk, heavy armor only slows down the player by 1 second compared to light armor. So I would rather take the extra protection over the loss of a second. True it does decrease stamina, but if you know how to utilize you're self in combat then it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, the perk Respit in the Restoration tree has the ability to restore stamina as well as health. You get it pretty early on too. Hope this helped! :)

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
----
1. is this viable? it seems weird to be switching between a shield, healing spells and conjuring spells....

2. does conjuration summoning level up by the summoned attacking or me?

----
1. Thats the thing though, unless your Dualcasting using both hands as a mage, if you always keep your shield on your left hand and right for destruction spells, who said you need to switch between the two when you can have both? Use Quickmenu for your offensive spells and select them on the right hand.

Having the shield/ward up in battle can be the difference between taking 100% dmg or 50% dmg, for defence vs spells just switch the Shield on the left, with a Ward spell.

2. Conjuration levels up in different scenarios:

a) casting a summon conjuration spell in presence of an enemy (so if theres a red dot on the map) and you summon an atronach you will get exp.

b) when your spell hits an enemy (Anti-Undead spells like Turn Undead, Command Deadra, Expel Deadra) you will get exp.

c) when you reanimate dead or cast spells on corpses (Soul Trap, Reanimate corpse, Revenant, Dread Zombie.) you will get contributive exp.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts