• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Galrukh

I can't seem to start the Dragonborn DLC quest.
I have been jumped twice by cultists, they drop their notes but reading them does nothing.
I can not seem to get the cultists to spawn again, I have litterally travelled from one end of skyrim to the other and fast travelled to cities at least 25 times.

I have been to Solstheim and done a bunch of secondary quests but I can not get the main one to start.

Any help ?

CHUBBY_RYNO

Have you visited the Skaal village and spoken with the Shaman, Storn Crag-Strider? He sends you to the temple of Miraak putting you on track with the main quest.

Galrukh

I can't talk to skorn, he just sits on his butt as part of some ritual, I can't initiate a conversation with him.

Smarty

First, if you have any mods, disable them all, backup the skyrim/data/script folder, delete it and try again.

Second, right click on skyrim in the steam library, click properties, go to local files and click verify integrity of game files.

If none of the above works try this on the console (you get it by pressing "`"):
Code:
setstage DLC2MQ01 20
If it won't do anything you'll have to skip the first quest.
Code:
setstage DLC2MQ02 5

If both of those won't do anything, try reloading before you installed dragonborn and if still doesn't work, try the codes above.

If none of this works, try starting the quest with a new character.

If you are still stuck, it happened to me on the winterhold college quest line, you'll have to wait for bethesda to release a patch. In this particular case, it can't even be fixed with the construction set.

Galrukh

I have since tried it with other characters and they work just fine. No idea why this particular character didnt get the quest.
I tried the "setstage" commands and they didnt help, first one didnt do anything at all and while the other one did start the quest it also placed Frea below the floor of Shaman's Hut so I couldnt get to her. Majorly bugged.
So annoying, I have at least a hundred hours into this character including finishing the dawnguard questline and now I cant finish Dragonborn.

Thanks for the help though.

Smarty

I have since tried it with other characters and they work just fine. No idea why this particular character didnt get the quest.
I tried the "setstage" commands and they didnt help, first one didnt do anything at all and while the other one did start the quest it also placed Frea below the floor of Shaman's Hut so I couldnt get to her. Majorly bugged.
So annoying, I have at least a hundred hours into this character including finishing the dawnguard questline and now I cant finish Dragonborn.

Thanks for the help though.

That's no problem ;), unless something is seriously wrong with your load order, one of those should work on the console :
Code:
prid 01017A0D
prid 02017A0D
prid 03017A0D
prid 04017A0D
prid 05017A0D
Once it works, no point in entering the rest. After, enter this twice:
Code:
 moveto player
Frea should appear right in front of you.

Galrukh

She does get teleported to me, but she is still underground no matter how many times I do the moveto command.

Smarty

Is she completely underground, only halfway? Did you try moving her to another celll and back?

Galrukh

She is completely underground, or at least thats where the quest marker points me to when it tells me to find her. Doesnt matter if I change cells or not, she is underground.
Its almost as if she doesnt exist in the world yet, despite me using the prid command.
Its like something was supposed to happen during the first dreagonborn quest that spawned her properly but since thtat didnt happen she isnt really here.

Smarty

What I meant is, use the moveto command when you are in another cell than she is.

Smarty

The only other thing I can think of is spawn her manually using the creation kit. I could do it for you if you want.

Cleverclue

I have been having the exact same problem.
I have been writing down those codes etc and Im stuck at the part when Frea is underground, Think you could help me out here aswell? Would appreciate it.

Dravos Brayvern

This quest is heavily bugged, as far as I can tell. Even on Xbox! I was playing through and the Shaman was meditating before the incident with Hermeaus Mora and he never got up, and after relentlessly reloading, attacking, reloading, and going at least 3 hours back, it worked. All I can say is, this quest is heavily bugged and reloading past saves are probably your best bet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts