Can't Decide between Stormcloaks or Imperials...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So what do you think?

• Stormcloaks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Imperials

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
So the question everyone has been debating since Skyrim's first release... Well I'm currently playing as a high elf who is pissed off at the Thalmor (the murdered her Grandmother, my character in Oblivion, who was killed because she was a member of the Blades). Which side is the most likely to destroy the Thalmor and would also make sense roleplaying wise? I don't want to remain neutral because, well the Thalmor would like for the war to last as long as possible to weaken both sides.

OrexxerO

The Empire are just the Thalmors puppets. So if your roleplaying as a pissed off elf who has bad blood with the Thalmor, it really doesn't make sense to side with the Empire, because they are the Thalmors beotch. Big time.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
There is already a thread with 450 pages of why the Imperials are better.

"Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one"

I haven't played through the main quest yet so my opinion could change but at this point I view the imperials as pussies, surrendering to some ugly ass elves and then using their militia to enforce elvin dictatorship, allowing them to torture their own race of people for worshiping Talos. Imo that would be kinda like the U.S. surrendering to the Al Qaeda then throwing out all U.S. law and sending U.S. troops to fulfill the Al Qaeda's agenda and allowing Al Qaeda to torture U.S. citizens for being christian.
It seems like people's most common excuse for not liking stormcloaks is because ulfric is racist or egotistical. Well, there isn't any true evidence to support he is racist, he might prioritize native Nords more but at least he doesn't go torturing people for what they believe or where they come from, I'm pretty sure elvins are racist if not definitively prejudice and only wish to suppress the humans and conform them to their beliefs so that's hypocritical. Stormcloaks all the way, thalmor can suck my balls, and imperials should just be ashamed of themselves...

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
So the question everyone has been debating since Skyrim's first release... Well I'm currently playing as a high elf who is pissed off at the Thalmor (the murdered her Grandmother, my character in Oblivion, who was killed because she was a member of the Blades). Which side is the most likely to destroy the Thalmor and would also make sense roleplaying wise? I don't want to remain neutral because, well the Thalmor would like for the war to last as long as possible to weaken both sides.

Sounds like you already have your answer. This is a personal decision though. I nearly always pick Stormcloaks because Imperials have better loot, the Empire was going to cut off my head, and it seems like the game is setting you up to be a rebel. However, it also seems like the game assumes you're playing as a Nord. Ralof's opening dialogue has him commenting on "those damn elves." This is before you even get to choose what race you are. I've had an Altmer character that was offended by that and decided to remain neutral.

OrexxerO

It seems like people's most common excuse for not liking stormcloaks is because ulfric is racist or egotistical. Well, there isn't any true evidence to support he is racist

Well, when I went to join up with the storm cloaks Ulfric didn't seem to mind my elvishness. Infact I would think they would love for a high elf to join their ranks as a huge F U to the Thalmor.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
There is already a thread with 450 pages of why the Imperials are better.

"Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one"

It's alright, no one wants to read that nightmare. A new thread allows people to see and contribute towards it without freaking out or losing their soul. Rather hard to bring up an argument in that thread without repeating someone else.

I haven't played through the main quest yet so my opinion could change but at this point I view the imperials as pussies, surrendering to some ugly ass elves and then using their militia to enforce elvin dictatorship, allowing them to torture their own race of people for worshiping Talos. Imo that would be kinda like the U.S. surrendering to the Al Qaeda then throwing out all U.S. law and sending U.S. troops to fulfill the Al Qaeda's agenda and allowing Al Qaeda to torture U.S. citizens for being christian.
It seems like people's most common excuse for not liking stormcloaks is because ulfric is racist or egotistical. Well, there isn't any true evidence to support he is racist, he might prioritize native Nords more but at least he doesn't go torturing people for what they believe or where they come from, I'm pretty sure elvins are racist if not definitively prejudice and only wish to suppress the humans and conform them to their beliefs so that's hypocritical. Stormcloaks all the way, thalmor can suck my balls, and imperials should just be ashamed of themselves...

'Every official who worked for the Forsworn was put to the sword, even after they had surrendered. Native women were tortured to give up names of Forsworn fighters who had fled the city or were in the hills of the Reach. Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.'

Chadonraz

I just created an elderly Nord for the sole purpose of doing the Stormcloak side of the Civil War. I used to be a firm Empire supporter, but then one of my characters decided to follow Ralof out of Helgen (being called "prisoner" pissed him off)...

Mookie

Well game is kinda set best for playing as nord. Now true nords are stormcloaks, if you get what I mean ;)

PelagiusIV

Well based on the fact your a former Thalmor, I would think the Empire was the way to go. Stormcloaks may wage war against any remaining Thalmor in Skyrim, but then they'll leave them be. The Empire has the best chance to bring the entire Dominion down, and everyone knows that its just a matter of time before the Empire and Dominion go back at it. If you're a pissed off High Elf wanting revenge, you want to see the entire Dominion fall, not just a couple agents in Skyrim.

Pete

I can't say which side would beat the thalmor, but I believe the nord 'spirit' provides the boost needed to do so. The fact that they can recognize the dragon born does it for me:

• Proventus Avenicci (imperial) calls the dragon born legend nonsense
  • Balgruuf (a nord) made the pilgrimage to high Hrothgar
  • Irilith ( (dark elf) doesn't believe in the dragonborn (even after witnessing a dragon soul being absorbed)
  • The nord whiterun guards recognize the dragonborn
This is why I love the stormclocks.

Two Bears

To echo so much of what has been said thus far, if your character is anti-Thalmor and an Altmer, it would probably make the most sense to go with the Imperial faction. The Nords are going to be hostile to your character, and the Empire represents the most plausible method of taking down the Aldmeri Dominion.

It's alright, no one wants to read that nightmare. A new thread allows people to see and contribute towards it without freaking out or losing their soul. Rather hard to bring up an argument in that thread without repeating someone else.

'Every official who worked for the Forsworn was put to the sword, even after they had surrendered. Native women were tortured to give up names of Forsworn fighters who had fled the city or were in the hills of the Reach. Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.'

Interesting I did not hear about this, who said that bit? Is it a part of dialog?

Ah, did the foresworn capture markarth twice or something? Because on one of the quests where you can choose to kill the foresworn leader or help him escape I decided to stab him in the back of the neck lol.

Mookie

Ah, did the foresworn capture markarth twice or something? Because on one of the quests where you can choose to kill the foresworn leader or help him escape I decided to stab him in the back of the neck lol.

The forsword used great war to capture markarth and kill some nords. Then ulfric came and liberated markarth and then empire arested him and didnt even let him go to his fathers funeral

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ya know the Foreswarn wouldn't be so bad if they weren't constantly trying to kill everybody. Of course, somebody needs to talk to their weapons makers. Their stuff is just friggin' lame and looks completely cobbled together.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts