Spoiler Cannot interact with followers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gagarin

I had Teldryn Sero and Frea as my followers while doing the dragonborn quest where you are going to kill some ash dudes in a cellar. When the quest was finished they just left my service without saying anything. Sero went back to his chair in the inn and just sits there. When i try to speak to him by pressing E he just says his default greeting but no "speak menu" shows up so i cannot rehire him. Frea is back in her village and is un-interactable as well but i have completed the quest (SPOILER) where her father dies so that might be why i can't interact with her.

I had the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod and a mod called Fixed Followers Lite. I assumed it might be a conflict between the mods so i uninstalled Fixed Followers Lite but the problem remains. I tried loading the game with none of the mods active, didn't work either.

I have tried sleeping for 48 hours, changed cells, fast travelled and come back but it didn't work either. I have tried to kill and resurrect Sero with console commands but that only made him spawn naked (still un-interactable).

I am roleplaying and this is seriously breaking my experience. Is there any way to get them back?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Uninstalling a mod won't necessarily remove things like scripts that the mod runs. If you don't understand how the mod works well enough to do a full manual uninstall you're better off reinstalling the entire game to remove all mod content.

Gagarin

Uninstalling a mod won't necessarily remove things like scripts that the mod runs. If you don't understand how the mod works well enough to do a full manual uninstall you're better off reinstalling the entire game to remove all mod content.

Are you saying the only way to fix my problem is to uninstall the game?

Iveri Sarothil

It's not the ONLY way, but seeing as you've tried nearly everything else, it might be best to make a note of all the mods you've downloaded, backup your saves, and reinstall. Reinstalling is pretty much the best way to make sure things get put back the way they were. It won't take long, and if it doesn't work, you can rule out any kind of mod issue.

Also, what you've described sounds like a scripting error, so I don't see why a reinstall shouldn't do the trick. But here's what you can do - save the game in front of one of the broken NPCs. Back up your saves. Uninstall, reinstall. Load the game from that point and talk to the NPC to see if the dialogue options come up.

I would also suggest you use the Nexus Mod Manager if you're not comfortable manually installing/uninstalling mods.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts