• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dark Assassin

Obsessed with the aldmeri dominion
Does anyone else have that feeling that they are denying whats good by becoming a cannibal in skyrim? Once I ate the guy on Namira's shrine, I felt guilty and well evil. I didn't want to become a cannibal at first but I did it for the divines sake. Does anyone else have this feeling of guilt when they become a cannibal?

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
No guilt here. I get slightly weirded out now and then by it, but I get over it quickly enough. Hell, I'm running Realistic Needs and Diseases and like to stay away from big towns, so being able to eat the people I run into in the wild makes starving more difficult :p (I'm too lazy to cook -- finding salt(water) is a lot of effort..)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Only if I'm not already a Vampire or Werewolf. Guilt, yes. Of course I think it's the victim. What did he ever do to me? If anything I kind of like the guy. He gave me cash.
What I feel guilty about is the poor Bothia Priest I had to murder for Molag Bol. It was either kill him or walk away and let Molag continue to torture him. Talk about a no-win situation. :)

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Only if I'm not already a Vampire or Werewolf. Guilt, yes. Of course I think it's the victim. What did he ever do to me? If anything I kind of like the guy. He gave me cash.
What I feel guilty about is the poor Bothia Priest I had to murder for Molag Bol. It was either kill him or walk away and let Molag continue to torture him. Talk about a no-win situation. :)
Bal continues to torture him even if you kill him.he is the lord of damnation(or domination..one of those)after all.

Daelon DuLac

Bal continues to torture him even if you kill him.he is the lord of damnation after all.
I thought it was "domination"? That's why I always wear leather when I am in his presence. I even bring my own handcuffs (lined with fur, of course). :)

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Eh,its one of those.either way,his death probably isn't the end of his misery.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Can't do it. I draw the line at that. Never been a vampire, Never had "dinner". My son has, he loves the gore. I cringe when I watch him feed. eeeeeewwwwww!!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I'm amused by the somewhat hypocritical distinction between consuming human hearts and flesh for their alchemical attributes and just snacking on a dead body using Namira's ring. Especially with the Arissa follower mod, who will leave your service permanently if she catches you chowing down on a corpse...But will stand there dull-eyed smiling vacantly as you mix lumps of human flesh and hearts into a gravy and funnel it into a potion vial.

Here, Arissa. Drink this! It'll improve your sneak! And that flavor..Taste familiar? The secret ingredient is love.. My love.. For irony.

Pete

The first time I did it, I felt horrible. Why did I allow myself to do this, for some treasure only to find out its the most awesome gift for a 2H werewolf barbarian?

Seriously thou, when I play noble characters, once I smell a rat I leave the quest undone.

Daelon DuLac

I'm amused by the somewhat hypocritical distinction between consuming human hearts and flesh for their alchemical attributes and just snacking on a dead body using Namira's ring. Especially with the Arissa follower mod, who will leave your service permanently if she catches you chowing down on a corpse...But will stand there dull-eyed smiling vacantly as you mix lumps of human flesh and hearts into a gravy and funnel it into a potion vial.

Here, Arissa. Drink this! It'll improve your sneak! And that flavor..Taste familiar? The secret ingredient is love.. My love.. For irony.
Absolutely. Like I said. If you're a vampire or a werewolf, feel free to do the Namira thing w/out guilt. Admittedly, as was pointed out, you aren't a human consuming another human in either of those states so it is not really cannibalism, but, you "were" a human (mer/beast race) at some point, weren't you? We may be getting in to deep philosphical waters here. Another example: If you're a mer consuming a human you're not really a cannibal. You'd only be a cannibal if you consumed another mer. And what about Khajit or Argonians? They're not human at all. Hmm....

Daelon DuLac

Meat is meat,other animals don't care so why should we?We're animals too.
While I do agree, human flesh tastes horrible. Too fatty. :) Maybe some fava beans and a little Cianti would help.

th

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
The first time I did it, I felt horrible. Why did I allow myself to do this, for some treasure only to find out its the most awesome gift for a 2H werewolf barbarian?

Seriously thou, when I play noble characters, once I smell a rat I leave the quest undone.

I go one further: I kill the people trying to lure me into doing such heinous deeds.

Daelon DuLac

I go one further: I kill the people trying to lure me into doing such heinous deeds.
Now THAT is a justification! BRAVO!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Cannibalism and bunny slaying... those are my two Skyrim bugaboos.

CaptMorgan72

Molag used you to torture him. Molag can only influence mortals on Nirn he can't interact with this world physically. So it was you that tortured that Priest and sent his soul to Molag. The best thing you could have done was walk away.

Daelon DuLac

Molag used you to torture him. Molag can only influence mortals on Nirn he can't interact with this world physically. So it was you that tortured that Priest and sent his soul to Molag. The best thing you could have done was walk away.
And leave the guy in that cage forever to starve to death? I was doing him a favor. Either way he would have been dead. At least if I kill him I get a cool mace and a corpse to loot. :)

CaptMorgan72

Doing him a favor? By torturing him and sending his soul to eternal damnation? If your character is dark/evil than its all good, but if your character is a worshipper of the Aedra then what you did is evil indeed. Better to let him die for his gods and allow his soul to be in peace with the Aedra.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts