Can you infected by vampirism and join the Dawnguard?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

Sorry, I just figured out that I forgot the "be" in the title

I wanted to know if, when you are already affected by vampirism in the original game, can you join the Dawnguard?

You know, a bit like Blade, a vampire fighting the vampire...

Or if you are affected by lycanthropy, can you become a vampire Lord?

Angel Medina

Skaterator
I wanted to know if, when you are already affected by vampirism in the original game, can you join the Dawnguard?

well the dawnguards would ignore you if you are a vampire already....u need to get cured and if you wish to join the vampire lord....den you will just get the additional perks if your already a vampire....soo you will still get bitten for the blood of the vampire lord

PriitySiick

To answer the question directly, No you may not join the dawnguard if your a vamp already. But once you finish all the side mission and main quest and you still want to become a vamp Lord, by all means go right ahead.

ShadowGambit

ok thanks.

Then can you be infected by vampirism AFTER joining the Dawnguard? Or do they provide, like with Lycantropy an immunity to disease?

Sorry Priity, I didn't see your post before typing this one

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Sorry, I just figured out that I forgot the "be" in the title

They would just ignore you mate

Mikeydowdell

I completed dawngaurd last night an then had the daughter vampire turn me into a vamp. They only attack if you turn into the demon vampire thing an they still let you be one of them.

leettox

They would just ignore you mate
Would it be considered a glitch then when I was following the quest marker as a stage 1 vampire, (freshly fed) I was attacked by every member of the Dawnguard on sight? I killed all of them that were killable and the quest marker was still over the dude's head when i got inside. (p.s. that holy barrier shell spell he has is BADASS.

RyuLevone

You can't become apart of the Dawnguard if you're currently a vampire. You either have to get cured or you can join if you are/become a werewolf, but once you make the choice to join the Dawnguard you can't change into a vampire lord randomly until the questline is over in which case you can change back and forth as you please.

---POSSIBLE SPOILERS--- (can't figure out how to make the spoiler hider thingy)

You do come to a point in the story where you have the choice to turn into a vampire lord when you take the Dawnguard side, but I don't know what happens in that one. I didn't choose to change.

---END SPOILERS---

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I've been wondering how to handle this as well. I got turned into a vampire and by the time I found out it'd gone too far it was too late. I still have the Dawnguard quest up but I haven't even started yet. So I don't know if I can even start? I probably would side with the vampires, but you can't side with them until you do the initial part first, right?

RyuLevone

I've been wondering how to handle this as well. I got turned into a vampire and by the time I found out it'd gone too far it was too late. I still have the Dawnguard quest up but I haven't even started yet. So I don't know if I can even start? I probably would side with the vampires, but you can't side with them until you do the initial part first, right?

I'm not 100% sure, but if you can get your vampirism back down to level 1, then you should get a quest that lets get the cure. If you don't want to do that, you can get turned into a werewolf by the companions. Once you start the quest you can choose to turn back into a vampire and follow the vampire quest-line.

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
I just went to Fort Dawnguard as a vampire to start the storyline, it seems they don't know you're a vampire.

Also, theres another dialog when you speak to Isran, should be like "What do you intend to doing to these vampires?" And he'll reply something along the line of "Right now, a vampire could practically walk right in the front door."

You can continue to work as a Dawnguard up until you return to the fort after recruiting Gunmar and the other person, he'll see that you're a vampire when he shines that light beam down, then tells you to get a cure. You can't really advance the story if you don't get the cure from Falion.

I'd attach some screenshots of it... but the colours are always a mess.

Hope this is informative, feels like it's just ramble as i've just woke up. :p

okay please can someone help me....... so i started the dawnguard and became a vampire lord at the first chance and continued on with the vampire lord quest line but i want to join the dawnguard so i can get the dwarven crossbow if i cure myself will i be able to join the dawnguard because i have no quests available for the dawnguard in the quest log so i was wondering if it would start again after i cured myself any help would be greatly appreciated this is my best playthrough of skyrim yet just wouldnt be complete without that crossbow :sadface:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
okay please can someone help me....... so i started the dawnguard and became a vampire lord at the first chance and continued on with the vampire lord quest line but i want to join the dawnguard so i can get the dwarven crossbow if i cure myself will i be able to join the dawnguard because i have no quests available for the dawnguard in the quest log so i was wondering if it would start again after i cured myself any help would be greatly appreciated this is my best playthrough of skyrim yet just wouldnt be complete without that crossbow :sadface:

If you have already been turned into a VL and done a couple of missions for the Volkihors than I'm sorry to say that you cannot join the Dawnguard. I'm pretty sure they will attack you on sight now and will not offer any dialogue options. Some DG members that you kill will drop a basic steel crossbow but that's as good as it gets.

Your best bet is to have have 2 playthroughs. One as a VL and another as a Dawnguard member.

Just a bit of advice. Try to do some sidequests for your faction before you do too many main quests. The rewards you get help greatly as a vampire or vampire slayer and the more you turn into a VL and kill people with the blood orb magic, than the more powerful you will become :)

If you have already been turned into a VL and done a couple of missions for the Volkihors than I'm sorry to say that you cannot join the Dawnguard. I'm pretty sure they will attack you on sight now and will not offer any dialogue options. Some DG members that you kill will drop a basic steel crossbow but that's as good as it gets.

Your best bet is to have have 2 playthroughs. One as a VL and another as a Dawnguard member.

Just a bit of advice. Try to do some sidequests for your faction before you do too many main quests. The rewards you get help greatly as a vampire or vampire slayer and the more you turn into a VL and kill people with the blood orb magic, than the more powerful you will become :)

awww gutted well i guess its eternal darkness for skyrim now cheers for the info saved me a lot of time i read up afterwards the correct way to do this but alas it was too late my first ledgendary playthrough and i f***fed it up oh well cheers again:)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

awww gutted well i guess its eternal darkness for skyrim now cheers for the info saved me a lot of time i read up afterwards the correct way to do this but alas it was too late my first ledgendary playthrough and i f***fed it up oh well cheers again:)

Have fun mate, my first DG quest was as a vampire and I really liked it. I love both sides of it though now. If you have any questions, just ask coz I know a fair bit about that DLC.

BlueBull

DovahBull
Yes you can apparently join the them and be a vampire, I was already one on my new account and I didn't side with the dawnguard but when I walked in the fort the first time they didn't seem to notice me then. So I think if I join the dawnguard they wouldn't care.

flamingor

I pretty much hated the leader of the Dawnguard in general since he just decides to shuns me after I turned into a vampire. After all the work I helped him with seriously..

Zarathaen

I used the Better Vampires mod yesterday night. I was on the Vampire side, and dressed in full Dawnguard armour that I'd taken off a corpse. I had the Master of Disguise mod installed, so I walzted into the Fort with no-one the wiser, attacked Celann and Agmaer, and I ended up killing them both. The Better Vampires mod has a skill that lets you infect people, and luckily I had 'feed from corpses' enabled, so I used my powers to infect Celann, but sadly I needed to use Agmaer's last blood to fuel the ability so he stayed dead. Durak rushed in and we got him to a knee, at which point I used the 'force feed' option to drain him and infect the corpse, so he rose and joined me. Then we ran into Isran, and it took all 3 of us about 3 minutes to down him, at which point I infected him and he lost his aggro and left the room. With my two vampire followers I went up to the second floor and found some generic members that I drained, and then went outside onto this hill-like area. It was daytime, and because I had the Better Vampires mod on and an option was ticked, I started slowly burning in the sunlight (my skin turned grey and looked sort've like ash, and my HP ticked down) so I turn into a Vampire Lord and used my drain skill on three Dawnguard who hadn't noticed me yet, but I missed. I walked out of the shade and instantly the sun forced my Lord form to revert and I was stuck in a weakened state, and my allies weren't around. I barely managed to kill the first to guys, and I drained their essence to restore some of my power and HP. The last guy I executed with my Silver Longsword (standalone Longswords mod). When I turned around with almost no health, I was met by a Dawnguard member from the previous two which I must have accidentally infected and had resurrected, and he was for some reason hostile toward me. He was using his drain spell (they get vampire skills when you turn them) and I went into bleedout. He didn't manage to knock me unconcious and I was able to regain my stance and run off into the shade to heal, at which point I beat the life out of him and left.

Best battle ever, and totally worth every debuff the mod forces on my state.

I have destroyed the Dawnguard. I repeat - I have detroyed the Dawnguard.

As the new leader of the Dawnguard (through my thralled servant Isran), I shall rename it the 'Duskguard'. We will hunt down and kill vampire hunters by the score and infect and resurrect their lifeless bodies as our own kind.

Sidenote: I'm not a totally horrible person, as I do have a spell (novice level with 0 magicka cost) that lets me cure any NPC I've infected instantly if I so choose. Let's admit though, it's pretty awesome to have an army of ~30 vampire minions that will not question you whatsoever. (Adv. Follower Tweaks ;D)

Adagio flare

Hello everyone!
Can you go to the vampire castle as a dawnguard or no

Because I don't know witch one to chose from vampire or dawn guard and I want the bone hawks to make a bone hawk amulet and I want the crossbow but in want to stay a vampire so is it OK to join and still be a vampire and go to the castle.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I used the Better Vampires mod yesterday night. I was on the Vampire side, and dressed in full Dawnguard armour that I'd taken off a corpse. I had the Master of Disguise mod installed, so I walzted into the Fort with no-one the wiser, attacked Celann and Agmaer, and I ended up killing them both. The Better Vampires mod has a skill that lets you infect people, and luckily I had 'feed from corpses' enabled, so I used my powers to infect Celann, but sadly I needed to use Agmaer's last blood to fuel the ability so he stayed dead. Durak rushed in and we got him to a knee, at which point I used the 'force feed' option to drain him and infect the corpse, so he rose and joined me. Then we ran into Isran, and it took all 3 of us about 3 minutes to down him, at which point I infected him and he lost his aggro and left the room. With my two vampire followers I went up to the second floor and found some generic members that I drained, and then went outside onto this hill-like area. It was daytime, and because I had the Better Vampires mod on and an option was ticked, I started slowly burning in the sunlight (my skin turned grey and looked sort've like ash, and my HP ticked down) so I turn into a Vampire Lord and used my drain skill on three Dawnguard who hadn't noticed me yet, but I missed. I walked out of the shade and instantly the sun forced my Lord form to revert and I was stuck in a weakened state, and my allies weren't around. I barely managed to kill the first to guys, and I drained their essence to restore some of my power and HP. The last guy I executed with my Silver Longsword (standalone Longswords mod). When I turned around with almost no health, I was met by a Dawnguard member from the previous two which I must have accidentally infected and had resurrected, and he was for some reason hostile toward me. He was using his drain spell (they get vampire skills when you turn them) and I went into bleedout. He didn't manage to knock me unconcious and I was able to regain my stance and run off into the shade to heal, at which point I beat the life out of him and left.

Best battle ever, and totally worth every debuff the mod forces on my state.

I have destroyed the Dawnguard. I repeat - I have detroyed the Dawnguard.

As the new leader of the Dawnguard (through my thralled servant Isran), I shall rename it the 'Duskguard'. We will hunt down and kill vampire hunters by the score and infect and resurrect their lifeless bodies as our own kind.

Sidenote: I'm not a totally horrible person, as I do have a spell (novice level with 0 magicka cost) that lets me cure any NPC I've infected instantly if I so choose. Let's admit though, it's pretty awesome to have an army of ~30 vampire minions that will not question you whatsoever. (Adv. Follower Tweaks ;D)
Is that mod only on xBox & PC at this point? I don't remember seeing it ported to PS4.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts