Can we get some active staff, please?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Yes, looking at you Harley Quinn.

Right now it's just you and Rayven, with Rayven handling the bulk of the moderation details. Unfortunately for this website, she has other things to deal with, and cannot be online 24/7. So we need more mods, capable of deleting spam, banning spammers, and other such modly duties.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I volunteer!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yes, looking at you Harley Quinn.

Right now it's just you and Rayven, with Rayven handling the bulk of the moderation details. Unfortunately for this website, she has other things to deal with, and cannot be online 24/7. So we need more mods, capable of deleting spam, banning spammers, and other such modly duties.

oh, btw: AS88 is a mod too. I know he is only a mod for the RP section, but he has banning powers. And he's online almost everyday. So that's something. :p

Sean

lost somewhere
The SB mods should also be moderators of the forums since they obviously can be trusted, and I think they would do a fine job.

I don't even consider Harley Quinn to be a real part of this website (no offense), as I've never seen any real contributions to this community from her or "their people," except for ads and spam (disabled Adblock while in the overall topic, and the website is so slow for loading with all the ads everywhere).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
There was a potential opportunity for the SB mods to have full mod status at some point after seeing how things went in a smaller capacity.

However, I would like to understand what you guys are actually asking for more of. Where is the deficit that needs to be addressed? If you could lock me in a room and make me do nothing but tend to these forums for 24 hours straight, what tasks would you have assigned to me? What should I accomplish in that time?

This is not meant to be a snippy or facetious note. I need to know what's lacking. I need to understand what you're asking for. I need to decide if those functions fall out of my purview and if they do, who here would do the best job.

And just to lay it out plainly, I will never mod someone who asks for it. And that's a tradition from the very first mod made here. :p

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
There was a potential opportunity for the SB mods to have full mod status at some point after seeing how things went in a smaller capacity.

However, I would like to understand what you guys are actually asking for more of. Where is the deficit that needs to be addressed? If you could lock me in a room and make me do nothing but tend to these forums for 24 hours straight, what tasks would you have assigned to me? What should I accomplish in that time?

This is not meant to be a snippy or facetious note. I need to know what's lacking. I need to understand what you're asking for. I need to decide if those functions fall out of my purview and if they do, who here would do the best job.

And just to lay it out plainly, I will never mod someone who asks for it. And that's a tradition from the very first mod made here. :p

To be clear, I meant to volunteer to help out, not asking to be a mod.

Sean

lost somewhere

Nothing directed towards you (you're doing, and have done, a great job! :D), but just seems like a lot for just one person is all.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Nothing directed towards you (you're doing, and have done, a great job! :D), but just seems like a lot for just one person is all.

A lot of what, exactly? I'm looking for the real true things that aren't being handled. Actual examples.

Sean

lost somewhere
Alright then.

If spammers intend to invade the site, then handling them during times that you typically aren't there due to real life things could make it a challenge. Even just reducing the monotony of removing them yourself.

Good way to enforce rules, even without doing much, as people are less inclied to break them if they a know a mod or two is online (which is why I love the "Staff is Online" thing on the main page).

Easier handling of large topics that can get out of hand quickly since it can take up many pages in the span of a day, and some people can be a bit more "vocal" than needed.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I don't even consider Harley Quinn to be a real part of this website (no offense), as I've never seen any real contributions to this community from her or "their people," except for ads and spam (disabled Adblock while in the overall topic, and the website is so slow for loading with all the ads everywhere).

Harley Quinn has helped out very recently in regard to the User Album pictures, issues with conversations as well as individuals having problems with the reply button.

A lot of what, exactly? I'm looking for the real true things that aren't being handled. Actual examples.

• Having a mod with the power to ban or at least freeze a persons account if they are spamming pictures or negative ratings. As far as I know only Rayven and AS88 are on here regularly, and have that power. There are a lot of times neither of you guys are on and it gives the troll a window to cause damage that takes time to rectify.
  • Alerts these days have been a large issue that I have seen a lot of complaints about. I myself see posts in the 'Latest post' window that I should be alerted about fairly often.
  • The on and off issue of being 'booted off' the site. The servor just times out. This happens more often if the Pc goes into a screensaver and I attempt to post or type in the Shoubox. I'm not sure if that is just me though...
  • There is another issue I had in mind but I cannot remember at this point in time :oops:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Another issue I have found is that when I give someone a 'Like' and a rating at the same time, it fails to register the like. I go back to the page at a later date and the 'Like' is not there. Its happened many times and I have tested it.

I believe it is not just me who this happens to as earlier today I got a 'Like' alert, 5min later I recieved a 'winner' rating alert by the same person and the 'Like' alert was gone.

Just keeping you busy Rayven :p

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Another issue I have found is that when I give someone a 'Like' and a rating at the same time, it fails to register the like. I go back to the page at a later date and the 'Like' is not there. Its happened many times and I have tested it.

I believe it is not just me who this happens to as earlier today I got a 'Like' alert, 5min later I recieved a 'winner' rating alert by the same person and the 'Like' alert was gone.

You can solve that by giving the rating first > then the like. That way it doesn't happen.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

You can solve that by giving the rating first > then the like. That way it doesn't happen.

Hey your right, that did work :D Cheers Anouck!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts