Can someone recommend some good 3rd party forums?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
As Dagmar stated, Renegader and I are more than happy to listen to your suggestions and feedback about the site. And there really are a wealth of ad blocking add-ons for you to use if you do not choose to upgrade to premium membership. We feel the XenForo platform gives our users the best experience for a forum of this nature, but as was stated, it does cost money to maintain the server itself, pay for the traffic and all that.

In response to your initial post though, I honestly don't know of any other good 3rd party forums. I've been on the Bethesda forums a few times to try and look for solutions for our members here but I've never posted there. I've also searched on Nexus for the same reason. But I've never posted on either of them to my recollection so I can't speak to that side of the experience for either of them.

I know places like IGN and Gamespot offer forum interaction. UESP has a forum and there's the Imperial Library for more lore-oriented conversation.

DarkEastwood

While I avidly use this forum and enjoy browsing through this forum, I'm also a frequent user of UESPF. No offense to this forum; I love this forum. It's mainly the sizes of the forums so I'm more personal with a lot of the members over there. But yes, I use Adblock ;) Very useful.

EDIT: Pros to this forum are there are more Skyrim appraisers than Morrowind ones, which makes it easier for someone who isn't a big Morrowind fan :)

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I know most of this has been said, but just to reiterate, it costs quite a bit of money to maintain the server as well as to purchase a licence for the forum, addons, a CDN, etc. If there weren't any ads on here we would be broke, so I hope it isn't too much of a burden to have them. You can easily make a $10 donation to remove all ads or just simply use adblocker for Chrome/Firefox.

Links for convenience:

Chrome Web Store - AdBlock
Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox
or upgrade your account for $10

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
For reasons I shall not divulge, I have actually donated twice to these forums. Sure, I could easily just use Adblock to avoid the ads, but I also like helping the forum's creator out. Not only that, if you donate you can have a nifty little icon to your name. Might not be a big deal to some, but it's one of the reasons I upgraded. It allows me to be a bit creative.

Honestly, out of the all the forums I've been on, this has been the best so far. I find the interface simple and easy to use. And the over all look is very pleasing to the eyes.

I don't see what your problem is honestly.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Community pride. Just one of the reasons I like it here.

I don't care about the ads, but I would like to donate just because. Paypal is on my list of boycotted companies though. If you ever get an alternative option please let me know.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I use Adblock as well. I'd prefer to leave them on to help support the site, but more ads = more bandwidth used = higher internet bill. Plus, they're annoying.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

I don't care about the ads, but I would like to donate just because. Paypal is on my list of boycotted companies though. If you ever get an alternative option please let me know.

Boycotted? Might I ask why?

Edit: I said boycotting instead of boycotted like a dumb. Fixed.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Ethics is all I'll say. If I don't agree with the way a company operates, I don't give them money. Simple.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Ethics is all I'll say. If I don't agree with the way a company operates, I don't give them money. Simple.

Fair enough. I hate how much they levy from the actual transaction. When you're sending or receiving, say, a dollar, that small amount easily becomes 10%.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member

You can contact Renegader directly and see if there's an alternative way to donate.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts