• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nathan Smith

Is there a certain way to join the Psijic order? One of the characters has already talked to me but i think just might be part of the quest. I don't really want to join the Mages guild but will if i can't join the Psijic Order

cam

I don't know it would be nice but I think you can because the mage college is a little to short. I am trying to get one magic skill to level 100. Once I get there I think they might contact me, in my opinion it would make sense. But for the Psijic order was the mage guild it formed from them.

Miir

There is a book called "the Old Way" which lays out the basics about the psijic philosophy regarding various fundamental aspects but most specifically about the Monk's great dilemma when acting in favor or against the eternal element of Change. The book focuses on a very particular situation in which the monk who is allowed to take alliegace with a lord given the catalysis that the pair could generate for change applied to greater good, but warns of the underlying risk of doing so given that the lord might then ask of the monk to execute tasks that are unworthy and of ill will, and by doing so places the monk in a doom trap given that if he accepts he negates what is dear to the teachings he holds firmly, and by retiring from the lords council he dishonors the order's standing where for he is left with the only remaining alternative which it declares is to take his own life...

When Dovahkin first encounters the psijic in the ruins the monk specifies that a chain of events has been set in motion by the dovahkins action presumably signifying having entered a sealed part of Sardaal. The monk goes on to specify that the originating act will not be held against you given that you were ignorant but that every subsequent action undertaken by you will be duly weighed and judged and that they will be overlooking and have great expectations regarding the Dovahkin. The next time the monk visits he asks you to seek the aguur somewhere in the college where he repeats that they have high expectations. The last time he comes with three other to take the eye of magus away. And nothing else is ever heard of him again leaving no real as to what it was they where observing from you and whether you had been judged to fulfill their expectations...

Given the info in the book along with the whole quest I would expect that affiliation with the order would require that the player maxout restoration perks ( given the connection to the auguur) and possibly alteration given tolgir's fascination with the Eye, I'm sure it would require elimination of the disturbances in every hold, and the book seems to suggest that one would have to refrain from fulfilling any dreadic request since most are tainted in deceit and calamity, or atleast it would require that they are played out in a way that do not violate psijic doctrine whatever that may be...

If there is no way of joining they certainly went through a lot of trouble packing the questline with inconsequential lore baggage

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
You can't join the Psijic order, I've tried and I have fully maxed magic in all schools. There might be a possibility in a future game or the Skyrim DLC hopefully.

Count Illusion

Pacify and Thunderbolt
Since you can't get them by questing. If you play on pc you always have the console option. Typing the below text into console will give you psijic hood, psijic robes, psijic gloves, and psijic boots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

`
player.additem 00065b94 1
player.additem 00065b99 1
player.additem 00065b9b 1
player.additem 00065b9d 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(they have no enchantment on them so you will need to do that yourself) :p

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
You can not join the Psijic Order, sorry guys. the only thing you get for getting a magic skill to 100 is random people attacking you talking about "you think you are a wizard..." etc. and you can do a few more quests to unlock the master spells of whatever skill you have up to 100 in the magic tree

XbSuper

You can not join the Psijic Order, sorry guys. the only thing you get for getting a magic skill to 100 is random people attacking you talking about "you think you are a wizard..." etc. and you can do a few more quests to unlock the master spells of whatever skill you have up to 100 in the magic tree

^this... Also, I highly doubt they will be added in a dlc, since they clearly state that they do not like to interfere with worldly affairs. To add them in a dlc, the quests would have to be something that does not 'change' the outcome of any events. Though I'll admit it is possible, it just doesn't seem feasible to me, due to the fact that, not changing anything, would likely leave the quests rather boring. However, if anyone has any ideas on what quest types they could create for it, I'd love to hear them.

I really don't expect a DLC to come from this either. But lets keep in mind that even though they say they don't normally interfere in worldly events, we have already seen them make an exception. So if any modders can create a storyline situation where the Order does so again, & add a quest to accompany said storyline, I would be more than happy to try it out. There isn't much for in depth Mage quests in Skyrim. So I'd like to take my Mage skills & lore much further than the vanilla game does :)

skud13

To be completely honest being able to join the Psjiic Order would be either a fairly pointless quest where you help them and do not join or you join and become way to over powered that playing the game would be pointless. This is because the goal of being a Psjiic is to complete the test of Lorkhan (the son of Padomay/Sithis, (chaos/change)). Lorkhan was the creator of all mortal life or was the one who orchestrated the creation of mortal life. (Padomay was the brother of Anu the creator of the Aedra (the eight divine and possibly thousands of other beings that took part in the scheme Lorkhan tricked them into of creating mortal life)) Lorkhan died in the creation of the mortal world Nirn which Tamriel is situated on. The goal was apparently to give true freedom to the creations that came forth allowing them to possibly achieve the same greatness as there creators (the Aedra) or even surpass them.

The Psjiic Order's purpose is to transcend mortal life and achieve this same goal. Many people in previous TES games have done this most commonly known ones were Vivic, Almalexia and Sotha Sil which all achieved the same level of power of a god if not slightly more by harnessing the power of Lorkhan's Heart. In fact there were multiple transcended gods in TES 3: Morrowind. In fact you yourself were a resurrected Psjiic god (Nerevar/Nerevarine) lol. But you never gained the same power and ability you had when you were the King of the Chimer (ancestors of the Dunmer (dark elves) before they were cursed by Azura to have there black skin and red eyes) when you fought the war against the Dwemer (dwarves).

Anyways if you were to be given the chance to join the Psjiic Order you would have to take the initiation which would take decades and then by the end you would be a god. Basically game ruining...