Can a player-created "guild" have a ranking system?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jake Johnson

See topic.

I was recently thinking about creating a new guild called the Artists of War, once the PS4 version of Elder Scrolls Online is released, and I have set up my in-game account.

The idea of the Artists of War is that we are determined to show that the teachings of Sun Tzu's Art of War can be applied effectively in an on-line gaming setting, such as Elder Scrolls Online's Mundus.

Upon joining, a new recruit is a PV1 (training rank), when completing training, he or she becomes a Private, and so on up to General.

Be careful, though: higher ranks carry higher rewards, but higher responsibility also.

BTW, I am asking this on The Skyrim Blog and GameFAQs as well.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
That is a good question. Cause when I played WoW I know guilds would have the Leader, then Officers, then members, then recruits.

So if TESO has that then you would need to have arbitrary player rankings as well.

Also Art of War is applicable in any competitive field. So I think you are set on that aspect. I like the name BTW.

Lucid

I'm sure you've gotten your answer, but I'll post here anyway.

Yes, guilds have a ranking system. Structure, Titles and rights/responsibilities are set by the Guildmaster. I'll post 2 examples below.

standalone

standalone

At present there is no auto rank leveling that could be done for completing training or other accomplishments, it's all at the discretion of the GM and guild officers. One guild I'm in gives a promotion for each 10-character levels, which can be complicated because guild roster and rankings are by player, not character. I've been questioned on my officer ranking when rolling a low level alt, and often ask new members "is this your main?" before setting their rank.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts