OOC By Night We Rise (Closed)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey, none of these are restrictions or anything. I want creative. I just thought I'd share what I found with all of ya'll. I am using what I found as a resource for this. But there may very well be other info out there. So if you want us to know anything specific about your form Cap, just let us know.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Side Note: I am not using Hircine as the deity that provided Tyrian with his Form. Similar to what Cap specified. Tyrian doesn't serve Hircine, or even believe in him for that matter.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    No! Trust me, what you posted helps me out a lot. It means I'm allowed a little wiggle room! :p

So, for reference, which of the forms did you say were more likely to fit Dolmas' savage side?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Where Valin? He should know about the wolfie stuff >_>

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Well, Cap, I think because you said you have no control, and are rather more thirsty, I was thinking somewhere between Werewolf from and Beast form. But I'm not at all sure. It is you character after all!

And I was thinking the same thing. He said that he was a bit obsessed with Werewolves. I was hoping he may give a bit of insight. :D

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I see your point, about Valin. If anybody here will know, it's him. I'll wait to see what he thinks!

A.Auditore

maybe...
    image.jpg

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I like the leisurely and chilled out vibe that he gives off throughout the post. Generally only focussed on what he care about puts him in a rather selfish position. I view him as almost a coward right now. But that is only an assumption, as I haven't seen any posts with him in battle. But that's what I am seeing right now. What were you going for?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    It was a great post, Farth! The time you took on it shows. :)

I don't know about a coward, I was thinking more along the lines of "Level-headed" when I read it. His caution is almost a foil to what Manwe is, as he knows they would have to be diplomatic, something that Manwe isn't specialized in. At least, not in a friendly manner.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I could go for a cake right now mmmmm cake... Post was great btw!

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Yeah, I was thinking selfish. Someone who comes off lazy, but when the effort is put into things, he can be remarkably great.

I've had a narcotic addiction in the past, so I'm sort of basing his carefree high off of what i experienced. Nothing unrealistic, just a dependence on using it to calm nerves and feel good. He can be slightly unpredictable though, which is something I experienced when I was on narcotics.

As for battle, that's his weak point. He's not incompetent in battle, but he's got limited experience. He knows his limitations at least though, and wouldn't be stupid enough to fight someone way past his level. Which is where Specter sort of nailed the coward part.

Thanks for the perspectives... he's quickly shaping up to be one of my favorite characters.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I could use some cake right now too. Sounds good.

When I said coward, I should've clarified a bit more. I mean, in the event of a battle, he wouldn't be to quick to help others, he would help himself. Maybe that be by running or fighting. But I don't really know. That's what I was thinking. The whole "Those thoughts are a waste of time" proved him to be a little bit more focused on one thing. And I think is need for skooma could drive that a bit. Pushing him to be a bit more self centered. But level headed actually fits a lot more than the coward idea that I was fixating on.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    I could use some cake right now too. Sounds good.

When I said coward, I should've clarified a bit more. I mean, in the event of a battle, he wouldn't be to quick to help others, he would help himself. Maybe that be by running or fighting. But I don't really know. That's what I was thinking. The whole "Those thoughts are a waste of time" proved him to be a little bit more focused on one thing. And I think is need for skooma could drive that a bit. Pushing him to be a bit more self centered. But level headed actually fits a lot more than the coward idea that I was fixating on.
    You nailed it.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ha Ha, your post sort of cut out mine. That makes perfect sense for the character. I'm excited to see him develop as this story progresses. Loved the post BTW. Again.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I'm here, I am willing to help any body with questions about wolfies. I'm gonna post an expansion on Specs types of werewolf posts because I've seen most of those shows plus a few more, so I'm gonna get working on that.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I'm here, I am willing to help any body with questions about wolfies. I'm gonna post an expansion on Specs types of werewolf posts because I've seen most of those shows plus a few more, so I'm gonna get working on that.

they don't have a hurrah button so i gave a like

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I'm leaving out abilities like speed, strength, control, and transformation, as that varies from show to show and I feel should be somewhat similar among all all breeds. I am putting in things like unique abilities, and appearance here.

Man-wolf:
    images

As seen on Teen wolf. Most human of all breeds. This could be seen as a gateway transformation, like there is in the oakthorn family line. Perhaps your werewolf is powerful enough to limit his transformation to this and not fully turn.

Werewolf:
    images

As seen in skyrim, and morrowind. Mixture between man and beast. Pretty Average. Good for NPC's and characters that hate their werewolf side.

Gevaudan/Beast form:

wolf1.jpg

As seen in Van Helsing, Underworld, and breifly in teen wolf.Pretty dangerous. Seems to be a larger more powerful version of the werewolf. In Van Helsing they are able to grab onto chains and jump across rooms making them very acrobatic. In Underworld they are also seen jumping in trees. Good for large, warrior characters.

Wolf-form:
    images

As seen in Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and briefly in teen wolf. Almost Identical to a wolf. Quick, but obviously not the most powerful.

Dire-form:
    5910086.jpg

As seen in Twilight. A wolf that ranges from six to eight feet tall, in twilight, Jacobs mouth is just above Bella's head, bella being a junior or senior in highschool. Very graceful and smooth run as a young child was able to hold on the the form and ride for miles even as the wolf dodged attacking vampires.

Canon for Abilities. I recommend we mix them together but if one sounds the most appealing then we could choose that.

Teen Wolf: Turn is caused by increase in heart rate, causing them to turn from anger, fear, passion, or the full moon. This can be trained out through becoming more powerful. The more members in your pack the fast and stronger each member is. Alphas can give people the disease, and are more powerful than others. They are very fast and strong, but not to the extent as other shows. They have fast reflexes, able to hear an arrow being fired at them from behind, turn around, and catch it. Retentive healing, wounds heal within a couple of minutes. Human form is also stronger and faster.

Van Helsing: I don't know enough about this series to accurately describe it.

Underworld: turn at will, also at full moon. In control of the turn. Stronger and faster by quite a bit. No real packs. Not that much of change in human form.

Vampire Diaries/The originals: There are two canons we could follow the werewolf, and the hybrid. In the show Hybrids are half vampire half werewolf but I will remove the vampire and only use the werewolf part of it.
    -Werewolf: Turns only at full moon. Extremely painful, takes hours the first time. Breaks every bone in their body, gets faster and less painful with time. Once turned they are fast enough to sprint across your field of vision and only see a blur. Renenitive healing. A single bit kills a vampire. In no control of their body.
    -Hybrid: Turns at will. Extremely painful and long but gets easier with each turn. breaks each bone in body. Same Abilities as werewolf canon. In human form are just as fast and strong as in werewolf form, can turn into something similar to man-wolf breed. regenitve healing is in a few seconds.

Twilight: Turn is at will. Instant painless turn. In full control. In human form are around the speed of usain bolt. In wolf are about 5x usain bolt. Strong but no hands to lift stuff. a turn heals all human injuries.

My personal canon mixed up of many things that I use rather often: Turn is caused by anger, full moon, or by will. The more you turn the stronger you become, and can eventually not turn by full moon or anger but only by will. Turn is very painful to begin with but gets easier the more you turn. Strength and speed is supernatural, but not overpowered like Vampire diares/the originals and twilight. Regenerative healing takes a few hours to a day. Werewolves are immortal. Werewolves feel a need to protect others in their pack.

Okay. I hope I didn't leave anything out. I am open to any questions.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts