OOC By Night We Rise (Closed)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I changed up Alarik's CC just a little bit to fit him better. I added a different picture, and set it so he wields a mace rather than conjures weapons.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Thanks for all the support guys. You don't know how good it is to hear it from ya'll. I can't speak for Hlif on this one, But I am really excited to get this thing started, so let's get up some posted guys!

Sent from my Samsung GS4

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Valin, would you send me the updated CC?

And thank you guys so much! It makes all that time we spent on it more than worth it . :)

Acrylic

Allowed in with Specter's and Hlif'Ulfr's permission.

「AXEL ALT-EISEN」
    "The cost of knowledge is less than the price of ignorance . . ."

» NAME Axel Alt-Eisen
    » ALIAS - - -
    » AGE 21
    » BIRTH DATE 2nd of Sun's Height
    » BIRTH PLACE Riverwood, Skyrim
    » BIRTH SIGN The Lover
    » ORIGIN Redguard
    » CLASS Sura
    Suras are Asura Monks who have graduated the initial phase of the Asura Monks’ Path. Suras are those who have realized that their spirit is unsatisfied. Their body, mind and soul are out of tune and unperfected. However, this realization is what allows them to surpass their own physical, mental and spiritual limitations. Once this happens, they become a Sura. Suras use no weapons however they are far from defenseless. Their skill in martial arts is extraordinary. With their relentless training and constant meditation, they have essentially turned their own body into a deadly weapon. They are also capable of healing injuries sustained by themselves or their allies, whether it is through the use of potions or with Restoration magic. Just as they can instill life in others with their restoring potions and Restoration magic, they can easily take it away with their lethal strikes. Even with their power, Suras strive to be peaceful and kind. However, if pushed into a battle, they become merciless, ruthless and know no mercy. Fighting a Sura is extremely dangerous. Many claim that they wield power from the Gods themselves. If you aren’t careful, the last thing you’ll see are the Gates to Oblivion.
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 5'6
    » WEIGHT 137 pounds
    » LATERALITY Left-Handed
    » SEXUALITY Bisexual
    » MARTIAL STATUS Single
    » HEALTH Well
    » AFFILIATION Asura Monks, Crimson Caravan [secondary]
    The Asura Monks are a group of monks who are scattered all over Tamriel though they are most focused in Cyrodill and Skyrim. They are a peaceful people, spending most of their time meditating, learning more about Nirn and practicing martial arts. Even though they stress peace and harmony, the Asura Monks are extremely skilled martial artists and their kindness and reluctance to fight should not be mistaken for weakness. The Asura Monks openly accept anyone who wishes to join and the group has bi-annual meetings that take place in Cyrodill.
    » AFFLICTIONS None
    » RELIGION Eight Divines
    » PATRON DEITIES Mara and Kynareth

「APPEARANCE」

» HAIR Black, short and wiry
    » EYE COLOR Dark Brown
    » SKIN COLOR Dark Brown
    » BUILD Average
    » SCARS None

» PHYSICAL — Being a Redguard, Axel has dark-brown skin. His eyes are the same color and are the easiest way of finding out how Axel is feeling. He may try to hide his true emotions in some cases but one good look in his eyes spells out the truth. In a way, people can read Axel like an open book. He doesn’t like admitting it though. Short, black, wavy hair covers the lad’s scalp. Usually, it’s kept low in a buzzcut. His facial features are roughly proportional with one another, save for his ears which are a bit large for his head. Standing at five foot six inches and weighing at one hundred thirty-seven pounds, Axel is much shorter than other Redguard males his age. In fact, he’s just shorter than most people period. His stature, however, is toned and lean. His arms, legs and torso have respectable amounts of muscle in them but he’s by no means “buff” or “ripped”. Axel’s relatively quick and agile. He’s physically conditioned and can run for extended periods of time. The young adult’s physique tends to make others underestimate him, especially when they see his mild-mannered and quiet personality. That alone is an incredibly stupid mistake on their own part as they soon find out that Axel is anything but weak and helpless.

» ATTIRE [CASUAL] — Axel likes to wear simple clothing. Most of the time, he’ll cycle between a variety of colored, cotton short-sleeved and long-sleeved shirts ranging from green, brown, red and orange and then wear a pair of black pants along with them. Typically, he likes to wear a long-sleeved shirt with a short-sleeved shirt over it for extra protection against Skyrim’s naturally cold weather. He also has a tendency to roll up his sleeves. For footwear, Axel favors a pair of sturdy, black walking boots, ones that are able to be used on all terrains. Depending on the weather, Axel will also wear a warm coat, particularly if the weather is cold or chilly. The one accessory Axel always seems to wear is a black tuque [beanie] made out of warm wool.

「PERSONALITY」

» POSITIVE TRAITS Intelligent, humble, focused, mature, determined
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS Cold, cynical, ruthless, apathetic, skeptical
    » LIKES Martial arts, books, alchemy, meditating, sweet rolls, fresh fruit juice, dwemer technology
    » DISLIKES Swords ( or any sharp weapon ), magic, arrogance, alcohol, smoke, politics, being underestimated, extreme cold
    » FEARS Jye, Argonians, khajiit, caves, getting lost, failure, daedra, vampires, werewolves
    » ASPIRATIONS Become tamriel's greatest marital artist, fulfill the Monk’s Way, open his own martial arts school, see the world, recreate dwemer technology, strengthen his mind, body and spirit
    » QUIRKS Sweats profusely when scared

For a kid who’s literally a walking weapon, Axel’s attitude hides his potential deadliness. He’s a mild-mannered young adult who behaves with a clear, calm mind. In fact, it’s rare to see him get angry, flustered or upset, but when he does get angry, it’s not a pretty sight. His visage makes a horrifying change. His eyes harden, his brow furrows, and his voice drips with unbridled rage. A word to the wise is to avoid making Axel mad, if you know what’s good for you. Despite his terrifying latent temper, Axel is generally mellow.

Then, you realize Axel’s true colors. He’s cold, calculating, cynical and ruthless. He wasn’t always like this; his exposure to Tamriel’s harshness has changed, broken and corrupted him. He has a general dislike for people and doesn’t care much for their feelings, rights and lives. Now, Axel isn’t a serial killer or a kleptomaniac thief and he doesn’t go out of his way to harm others. However, if anyone opposes him, then he has no problem with roughing them up a bit (a euphemism for putting them out of commission, whether they end unconscious or dead). Also, even if what he’s doing indirectly harms another person, Axel doesn’t care either. No matter if he’s talking to his best friend or greatest enemy, Axel is polite and respectful. It’s almost unnerving to see how polite he is no matter the circumstances. Like most of the Crimson Caravan, he has a sharp dislike for werewolves and any who support the Companions. If he had his way, he would just line up all of the werewolves and have them put down like the rabid dogs they are. Axel's truly a cruel person but ... to say that he has no soul is an exaggeration. Again, he wasn't always like this and there is a FAINT sliver of hope for him to change.

Axel is now much more self-confident than when he was an adolescent but he still has some work to do. When he was younger, he believed himself to be of less worth than others due to his inability to pick up on any sort of skill that his parents attempted to teach him. He was horrid with weapons, terrible with any sort of trade skill, and using magic was virtually impossible for him. He soon found out that while his talents may not lie in the plethora of skills people possessed, his talent was in martial arts. From then on, Axel has openly embraced the lifestyle of a devoted martial artist and will continue to do so until the day he dies. Admittedly, he both admires and envies those who can do things he cannot do but he realizes that what he can do is nothing short of amazing, especially considering how young he is. Plus, if you wanted Axel’s honest opinion, he hates weapons and doesn’t necessarily see what the big deal is about magic. People who put their lives in the hands of a weapon are fools and while magic can do great things, it can also consume those who practice it in a heartbeat. Besides, why would he need weapons, armor and magic when he has his own body?

「COMBAT DIAGNOSTIC」

» FIGHTING STYLE – Axel fights completely unarmed, using nothing but his martial arts to defend himself. He’s horrible with weapons and even worse with magic. As such, he has decided to focus on martial arts as his sole means of combat. Given his small stature, it is easy for others to grossly underestimate Axel’s fighting ability. However, that alone is a horrific mistake, for many soon find that Axel is not the cowardly weakling that they make him out to be and that in reality, he is an extremely capable combatant. He fights with an untold ferocity, enough to make just about anybody fight at the top of their game. He favors punches and elbows to kicks and knees. Axel is very comfortable with fighting armed opponents, whether they are armed with weapons or magic. He has effectively turned his own body into a deadly weapon. If you happen to fight him, do not underestimate him. Fight smart, stay diligent and do not let his small stature and quiet demeanor fool you. If you don’t do this, getting knocked out cold will be the least of your worries.

» ATTRIBUTES

» Health – Denotes vitality and the amount of damage able to be taken.
    » Magicka – Denotes amount of magicka and the magical capacity to cast spells.
    » Stamina – Denotes amount of physical energy and the ability to perform strenuous activities.
    » Strength – Denotes physical strength and the ability to deal damage with melee attacks and block melee attacks.
    » Endurance – Denotes physical toughness, the ability to withstand pain, illness, and fatigue.
    » Agility – Denotes balance, coordination, reflex, speed, and steadiness in combat.
    » Intelligence – Denotes ability to learn, reason, plan, solve problems, strategize, ability to comprehend complex ideas and general mental capability.
    » Will – Denotes magical strength, the general ability to cast spells and magicka regeneration.
    » Spirit – Denotes mental toughness, willpower and the ability to keep fighting past fatigue, injuries and one’s own limitations.

Health ■■■■■■■□□□
    Magicka ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stamina ■■■■■■■■□□
    Strength ■■■■■■■□□□
    Endurance ■■■■■■□□□
    Agility ■■■■■■■□□
    Intelligence ■■■■■■■■■■
    Will ■□□□□□□□□□
    Spirit ■■■■■■■■■

» SKILLS

Master

» Hand to Hand – The Asura Monks are known for their extreme skill in martial arts, so much to where they are literally considered by many to be walking weapons of war. After going through their intense training regime, Axel's skill in unarmed combat allows him to fight on equal terms with armed opponents, whether they are armed with weapons or magic. Even with his bare hands, he’s able to deliver devastating strikes and grapples, enough to knock out opponents, break bones or even kill them. You must be either incredibly bold or incredibly stupid to come at Axel without a weapon or magic. Even if you do fight him with your beloved weapon or magic, you best fight your heart out unless you want to get the snot beat out of you.

Expert

» Unarmored – Not one to use either heavy or light armor, Axel has learned how to fight without armor by learning how to evade, deflect or absorb blows sent his way. Of course, when faced with weapons, Axel will seek to dodge attacks sent his way and he's pretty damn good at doing so. He's not impossible to hit but it isn't an easy task either. That being said, don't expect your "typical" sword swipe to be able to catch him if he's on his guard.

Adept

» Alchemy – Being the son of two proficient apothecaries and spellswords, Axel was introduced to alchemy when he was seven years old. His parents have taught him much of what he knows now but of course, Axel has learned and discovered things on his own. As soon as he hit twenty years old, he became a adept alchemist and he can produce a slew of potions and poisons. While he's no expert or master, his potions and poisons are nothing to scoff at.

Apprentice

» Speech – He's articulate, polite and able to use his words effectively. That being said, don't expect him to talk his way out of everything, especially if the opposing party is already super pissed.

» Sneak – If you asked Axel what the key of sneaking was, he’d say “. . . Don’t get caught?” It’s a decent answer to say the least and Axel can be sneaky if he needs to. His smaller stature helps, making him a bit harder to spot and he knows how to move quietly and not make noise ( most of the time ). Don’t expect him to sneak through an entire bandit fort and take out every single bandit without being seen.

Novice

» Lockpicking | Pickpocketing – Axel’s no thief. He’s a lousy pickpocket and can’t be bothered fiddling with locks. For him to successfully pickpocket someone, they’d have to be completely unconscious with nobody else in a fifty meter area of them. Oh and if you want him to lockpick a chest or a door, just be ready for him to break plenty of your lockpicks.

» One-Handed | Two-Handed | Archery – Armed combat was never Axel’s forte. Despite constant efforts to improve his use of melee weaponry, he has barely got any better at using them. If he has to use a melee weapon, one-handed weapons are his best bet. Two-handed weapons are far too heavy and clunky for Axel to use. Plus, it’s almost comical watching him trying to swing a sword that’s bigger than he is. Archery's a no-go either. Besides, why would Axel need a weapon when his body is a weapon in itself?

» Light Armor | Heavy Armor – Using light armor effectively requires both constant conditioning and dedication. While Axel is physically conditioned and could learn to use light armor if he wanted to, he instead chose heavy armor due to its better protection. To him, using light armor is too risky since it doesn't offer as much protection as heavy armor. Heavy armor, on the other hand ... well, why in the world would Axel even USE heavy armor?!

» All Magic Schools – Although both of his parents are mages, Axel has no proficiency in magic. His complete ineptitude with magic is viewed as a disability to some. This has caused Axel to become slightly jealous of mages or anyone who has talent in the magical arts. While he has still has no prowess or ability to learn and use magic, he hasn't let that dampen his confidence too much.

» GEAR

» Leather Gloves [Pugilist]
    As if Silas's strikes weren't deadly enough, Silas carries around a pair of seemingly ordinary black leather gloves for serious fights that warrant more ... force. These black gloves have a special enchantment on them, one that increases the power of Silas's unarmed strikes. If you get punched by Silas and he has these suckers on, you'll wish you never picked a fight with him in the first place. These gloves were a gift from both his parents, Florens and Raezta, and their family friend and Silas's martial arts teacher, Gias.

» Potions [Assorted]
    Axel carries a variety of potions and poisons on him. Being a master alchemist, his potions and poisons are extremely potent. His potions range from healing potions to boosting potions while his poisons vary in effect and intensity. Typically, the more potent a potion or poison is, the fewer he has of it. Listed below are the amounts of potions and poisons Axel usually has with him at a time.
    » Healing Potions [5]
    » Fortifying Potions [3]
    » Poisons [3]

「RELATIONS」
    "Tch ... wouldn't you like to know?"
    「HISTORY」
    "I mean no disrespect but I'm not too keen about just telling ... anybody about my history. Perhaps if you were a friend or such ... maybe then, I'd tell you. Other than that, I wouldn't hold your breath."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Just looking at everyone's cc then I look at mine and I'm like :|

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Whoa whoa! This thing blew up and I didn't get a single alert! Odd.

I'll get something started in a minute or two. I feel like it won't be anything closely as awesome as the opening you all put together, but I'll do what I can. :D

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    A little off topic and also on topic, when are we going to introduce the Companion's side of things?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I will post for Tyrian, returning to White run after hiding, then help find the the hall of Jorrvaskr pretty destroyed. And from then on, you guys can try and meet up with him. But before I get a post up for Tyrian, it's perfectly fine that you post with your companions characters, just nothing along the lines of them finding remnants of the Companions just yet.

Sent from my Samsung GS4

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I would start working on a post but I'm already working on one of a few CC's I plan to make for the more interesting of Valin's descendants.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I'll probably end up writing for both Manwe and Dolmas to get them both on the ground, and then move them around when necessary.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Alright, coloring my post now. Hopefully it's okay. Tell me if anything looks off and I will fix it immediately!

A.Auditore

maybe...
    .kicks dirt around. No promises but hoping by tomorrow I can get one up

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Well, my new Toshiba is up and running. It's a beautiful machine and it runs so much better than my other peice of s***. So hit me up with any questions that ya'll may have for me. I'm down to answer any of them.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    can I change my color to this? red kinda hurts my eyes on the screen

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts