BUG: Fort Hraggstad/Joining the Imperials

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AJK

I tried to do the quest "Joining the Legion" last night and encountered a significant bug.

The bug is mentioned on this page:
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Joining_the_Legion

"You may encounter a bug/message "No Active Quest" or when you get closer to the fort the quest arrow may just disappear. Go ahead and clear out all the bandits around and in the prison first. Then, head to the main zone. The quest arrow will then reappear and point to the chief bandit. You can then properly clear out the fort and complete the quest."

I cleared out the bandits outside the dungeon, and then when I started to approach the door, the quest marker would disappear and "Show on Map" would be greyed out. If I fast traveled away the quest marker would come back, but when I went back (walking OR fast-traveling), it would disappear again when I got close. I tried going in and killing the rest of the bandits and nothing. The quest marker never reappeared like it says in the quote above.

Now, the quest marker will not appear at all and Show on Map is not active. I'm sure if I go back to Solitude they're going to act as though I still need to clear out the Fort so this quest appears to be broken.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? Or maybe if I just give it some time it will fix itself? What will happen in the Civil War storyline if this part is stuck? Will something else happen to un-stick the story?

Thanks for any assistance.

AJK

I guess maybe I should have posted this in the "Help" forum... sorry about that.

AJK

Apparently you're allowed to switch sides after doing the 2nd quest for either side, so I guess I will have to join the Stormcloaks, fail the "Joining the Legion" quest, and then switch to their side after the 2nd Stormcloaks quest. I would think that should un-stick everything.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts