Broke the Man Code?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did he break it? Elaboration below.

• Total voters

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Ok so I was watching a football game with my 2 brothers. We had a bag of spicy nacho doritos on a hasack. You don't have to know what a hasack is because my mom called it that once and I can't stop using it. Its like a foot holder.

Anyways, the bag was getting low and one of my brothers tilts the bag up. He peers into the bag, reaches in with clear intent and pulls out like THE best chip. Is it acceptable to do that? I mean we are all at the mercy of the blind chip grabs. If your by yourself, I understand but give a little courtesy when your with other people.

Vote now so I can further clarify this to him or maybe I'm wrong and need to start stealing the best chips.

vincent

lol thank you. I might steal that.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well, man code also dictates: "You snooze, you lose". Sorry, but I think if any other person had the opportunity that they would go for it. Now if there were external additives in a scenario where he took the last best chip to get some dip, then this ends up in grey area.

vincent

Valid point, Chrono. This is at the point in the bag of the chips where, if you were by yourself, you would look in and be able to see the good chips sticking up while the crumbs settle to the bottom. In my opinion, in an equal opportunity environment, you must all take the risk of getting a handful of crumbs or be blessed with a few solid chips. He also did it when my other brother got up to get a beer and I was screaming at the television. Luckily, I caught it out of the corner of my eye. I claim malicious intent.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Haha, yea but at least he isnt one of those people who dig around in the bag to find that good chip. Getting his nasty hands over all the chips. I do know someone like this and I vowed never to share a bag of chips with them again.

vincent

That does suck. I just made this for pl***s and giggles. It was hilarious when I called him out.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I know, that's why me and EK screwd around with it. It's good to have some everyday humor on here instead of 100% Skryim.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
It's a chip. Who cares.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Just don't steal the last good chip if you're sharing with a girl. We have ways of retribution for such slights that make the loss of a man card seem downright trivial. ;)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I would never get on my guy friend if he took the last chip. Now that seems trivial.

vincent

It's a chip. Who cares.

:eek: Its the little things that count.

Rayven I'm like afraid of my girl when it gets low because it will be brought up later if I try to argue about something else lol. Not really but it happened once and I make fun of her for it.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I was wondering when the ladies were going to chime in on this thread. It looks like i'm the only one playing devil's advocate though. Oh well, someone had to.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering when the ladies were going to chime in on this thread. It looks like i'm the only one playing devil's advocate though. Oh well, someone had to.

I had to wait and see some of the other responses. I just imagined my husband taking the last decent chip from a bag and imagining the exchange was pretty funny. Of course, it wouldn't typically happen in my house. I'm one of those smart shoppers who gets everyone their own bag. If you have children, this should make perfect sense because those are definitely hands you don't want to follow in a chip bag.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I didn't know there was a "man code", but makes sense since I'm a girl.... but your brother just seems to be intelligent, unlike most men, he just seemed to take hold of the upper hand.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I didn't know there was a "man code", but makes sense since I'm a girl.... but your brother just seems to be intelligent, unlike most men, he just seemed to take hold of the upper hand.
Haha a very feminine way of thinking. Most men, in the company of other men, accept that there are certain parameters, guidelines, and etiquettes that must be followed. It is part of the lubrication to a well balanced machine that allows men to co-mingle and get along so much more easily than women. This inter-species interaction is commonly referred to as "The Man Code". For example: many women are unaware that there are in fact unspoken rules for public men's restrooms.
  1. Thou shalt not speak whilst in the piss cave.
  2. If thou art forced to speak, avoid all contact of the ocular nature.
  3. NEVER LOOK A MAN IN THE EYES IN THE fluffING BATHROOM!!!!
  4. Whilst occupying a piss basin of the standing variety, thou shalt always skip a basin.
  5. Keepeth thy hands to thyself.
Obviously there are many other things "The Man Code" applies to, but rest assured it is a very crucial part of nature.

vincent

Hes a thief. Plain and simple. Men hold each other to higher standards. Its kind of like how male mammals make noises before they fight. Same concept.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts