"Breaching Security"- quest schedule broken?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pálrún

Just ran across this last night (playing on PC)

I was waiting in Whiterun for Gaius to stay at the Bannered Mare; according to his schedule which I swiped, that's Turdas evening. I figured I'd do the assassination there. I'd bumped into him earlier at Dragon Bridge, he was an arrogant jerk, so I have no qualms about taking him out now.. it feels better if I rationalize these things..

So it was Turdas evening, and he wasn't there.. checked my map, he was close to Windhelm, walking westward.. fast traveled and followed him for a while..he gets to Whiterun more around early morning, but never stops there, he just keeps walking.
???
I made sure I didn't confuse Turdas with Tirdas, so that's not it. It was definitely TUrdas. He's supposed to be in Windhelm on TIrdas.

Any ideas?

PS I have no mods installed, but I do have the USKP.. I wonder if one of the devs got the dates confused and "fixed" (broke) it? Or is Bethesda's calendar just broken..?

Pálrún

Umm.. nevermind. I went back to the game, and just waited until about 3:30am.. he was there at the Bannered Mare.

Still, that's wrong. The schedule stated he'd be there "Turdas evening"; not early Fredas morning, which technically it was, since he didn't get there until after midnight. Even Turdas night would've been better, but the definition of "evening" is from the beginning of sunset to actual darkness.

Also learned that to not get discovered/busted while doing the deed, I had to stay crouched the whole time (well, 4 or 5 seconds maybe) I fought him.. even though we were in small room with the door closed.
Game logic. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts