Spoiler Blades, third recruit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Miryks

Possible spoiler. Playing on XBOX 360.

Couldn't find this anywhere else searching for it. The third member I recruited into the Blades does not join in on fighting the dragons that Esbern finds. It's nearly impossible to find him at the Blades headquarters, and when I do see him, he is just full on sprinting, at all times, to some unknown location. Anyone else experience this, or know how to bring him back from his rigorous exercise routine?

ambiiientz

Try to Fus Roh Dah him... sometimes that fixes NPC's stuck in certain animation's.

Who is it? Just curious...

Miryks

It's Derkeethus.
Thanks I'll try that next time I can track him down. It also occurred to me maybe blasting him with the Wabbajack if that doesn't work?

Miryks

Didn't work. I Fus Roh Dah'd him multiple times and also hit him with the Wabbajack, although it never turned him into anything, would only attack him. I got him to follow me, took him back to Sky Haven Temple, then parted ways. He ran out of Sky Haven Temple and disappeared. He seems to be reappearing at Darkwater Crossing, maybe because that's where his character's from? Or possibly since when I saved him, per the quest, I had Annekke Crag-Jumper as my follower. He seems to patrol the bridge area, walk to a certain spot and then run back to the beginning. Oh well. I guess unless someone has another idea I will just roll with two Blades members. Don't even still have the save where I recruited him to do it over.

ambiiientz

Unfortunately, Derkeethus is "bugged" (xbox) he always go back to Darkwater if recruited into the Blades.

Miryks

Thanks. That explains it. Do you know of any way of recruiting anyone else into the blades, say if I were to get rid of Derkeethus? Or do they become essential NPC's as Blades? Either way, thanks for your help.

Miryks

Just checked and it doesn't look like you can recruit another Blades if one dies. Looks like I'll let him walk around Darkwater Crossing and just roll with two Blades. Thanks.

ambiiientz

Yeah, once you recruit 3 Blades that's it. So if one dies (they aren't "essential") they can't be replaced.

FYI... If one does die be sure to grab their gear... Blades Armor/Sword can't be bought or found in chests etc.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts