Black-Briar (Riften) or Silver-Blood (Markarth), Which one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It is just a philosophical difference. Being imprisoned unjustly for life is worst that just an assassin's blade.

You are basically forced to help the people who hate you...
Basically you want to be an asset to those half-wits. :p Congratulations you not only lost your freedom, you are so scared of death you would help those who imprisoned you.

Never said I would actually help them! I would personally live in like Solitude or Falkreath, but prefer the Silver-Bloods and there mine monopoly to the Mob-wannabe Black-Briars.
I'm just the opposite. I find the Silver Bloods to be more like the Mob and the Black-Briars to be more like the government or corporations. To me it's violence vs. politics. I'll take politics every time. People die regularly at the Silver Bloods whim where as it takes a lot to get the Black-Briars to put a hit on you. They have protocol.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Black-Briars are totally a brutal cooperation, but they are the mob. The Silver-Bloods are more like... a different shade of the mob. They are like a cooperation in that they use the penal system to help their business.

I am biased. I do prefer working with Maven, because she operates with professionals. Silver-Bloods... Do not.

Daelon DuLac

Black-Briars are totally a brutal cooperation, but they are the mob. The Silver-Bloods are more like... a different shade of the mob. They are like a cooperation in that they use the penal system to help their business.

I am biased. I do prefer working with Maven, because she operates with professionals. Silver-Bloods... Do not.
Although you've got to admit that their thugs have better stuff to loot from their bodies after you kill them than Maven's folks.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Although you've got to admit that their thugs have better stuff to loot from their bodies after you kill them than Maven's folks.

I think they buy their own gear. Cause they are pretty differently armed. I will say this, it seems in universe. Silver-Bloods have a higher failure rate, though since they used "disposable" individuals like the Reachmen, and the Forsworn. The Silver-Bloods just aren't required to have the same savvy as Maven. Which is why they don't get audiences with the Jarl.

So it is moot, since it is obvious who is the stronger of the two. In a all out "Mob war." I think Maven wins. Cause asides from getting agents, who can get the job done right the first time. It is more obvious when the Silver-Bloods make moves.

Silver-Bloods are only a threat in Markarth. Maven is a threat almost anywhere in the empire.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
I think they buy their own gear. Cause they are pretty differently armed. I will say this, it seems in universe. Silver-Bloods have a higher failure rate, though since they used "disposable" individuals like the Reachmen, and the Forsworn. The Silver-Bloods just aren't required to have the same savvy as Maven. Which is why they don't get audiences with the Jarl.

So it is moot, since it is obvious who is the stronger of the two. In a all out "Mob war." I think Maven wins. Cause asides from getting agents, who can get the job done right the first time. It is more obvious when the Silver-Bloods make moves.

Silver-Bloods are only a threat in Markarth. Maven is a threat almost anywhere in the empire.
At least they're both across Skyrim, and not beside each other. Although a mob war questline would've been interesting.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Silver-Bloods. I would rather take mining for silver rather than risk getting on maven's bad side and getting a Dark Brotherhood dagger in my back.

I have like fifty Dark Brotherhood contracts in my safe. Maven can get in line on the amount of people who want me dead.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm just the opposite. I find the Silver Bloods to be more like the Mob and the Black-Briars to be more like the government or corporations. To me it's violence vs. politics. I'll take politics every time. People die regularly at the Silver Bloods whim where as it takes a lot to get the Black-Briars to put a hit on you. They have protocol.

What? Maven has people killed regularly... She kills people and dumps them in the lake for things like getting the greeting wrong at the Meadery.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Silver-Bloods. I would rather take mining for silver rather than risk getting on maven's bad side and getting a Dark Brotherhood dagger in my back.

I have like fifty Dark Brotherhood contracts in my safe. Maven can get in line on the amount of people who want me dead.

Okay?

Facing the Dark Brotherhood isn't all that bad. But hey, if you don't mind going ass to ass with a bunch of Daedra worshiping savages... I say enjoy silver mine.

J

Jeremius

Okay?

Facing the Dark Brotherhood isn't all that bad. But hey, if you don't mind going ass to ass with a bunch of Daedra worshiping savages... I say enjoy silver mine.

The thing is, you never know when the Dark Brotherhood will attack. You can pretty much run from Markarth and not get sent back to the mine, while you cannot run from riften and escape Maven's wrath if she wants you dead.

Daelon DuLac

Silver-Bloods, because fl*ff Maven.

But... That is why I support her... MILF ALERT!!!!
Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-269483.png
I've been sayin' for a LONGGGGG time that I would do the entire Black-Briar clan (except Hemming - too much of a toady) all at the same time. Then I'd go steal something for them or do some dirty work and come back for more!

Daelon DuLac

Silver-Bloods, because fl*ff Maven.
That's a little harsh eh? Why? Because she's a woman? She's no less condescending than any of the Silver-Blood males.
Not sure if kidding or serious...
Seriously. I'm wondering. While her condescending attitude can be a bit annoying sometimes, I just don't dislike her the way so many others do. The Silver-Bloods? What a bunch of hoods. Can't stand 'em. Wish I could kill them all. Maybe I just like rich and snobbish to rich and thuggish. Probably just me. :)

J

Jeremius

That's a little harsh eh? Why? Because she's a woman? She's no less condescending than any of the Silver-Blood males.
Seriously. I'm wondering. While her condescending attitude can be a bit annoying sometimes, I just don't dislike her the way so many others do. The Silver-Bloods? What a bunch of hoods. Can't stand 'em. Wish I could kill them all. Maybe I just like rich and snobbish to rich and thuggish. Probably just me. :)

Maven is still kind of a thug, just a much smarter one.

Ivory

Let's Player

Imaginepageant is a girl dude.

Daelon DuLac

Can't disagree. She's a thug, but a very well dressed one. :)

J

Jeremius

Can't disagree. She's a thug, but a very well dressed one. :)

Choosing Maven is essentially choosing the same thing as choosing the Silver-Bloods. The difference is that Maven does not need/use the law or penal system to get rid of her enemies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts