Black-Briar (Riften) or Silver-Blood (Markarth), Which one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
Maven. She doesnt toss you into a mine without letting you get the ore. Damn Silver-Bloods, they're the reason for the Dragons returning. I went on a murder spree in Markarth once, and it was their fault.

J

Jeremius

Silver-Bloods. I would rather take mining for silver rather than risk getting on maven's bad side and getting a Dark Brotherhood dagger in my back.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Silver-Bloods. I would rather take mining for silver rather than risk getting on maven's bad side and getting a Dark Brotherhood dagger in my back.
And how hard is it to stay on Maven's good side? Just do whatever she tells you to with no questions asked, always praise everything she does (even when she's wrong), drink exclusively Black-Briar Mead and be sure to help her become the Jarl. In other words, sell your soul to whatever Devil you believe in and completely compromise your dignity and morals. It's not that hard. It's just like being married to Angelina Jolie!
th

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I shanked another prisoner almost as soon as I got into the mine... and if you pay the fee you wont ever get killed.

If you are employed just do your job well. Hahaha

J

Jeremius

I shanked another prisoner almost as soon as I got into the mine... and if you pay the fee you wont ever get killed.

You do not understand, with the Silver-Bloods, the worse they can do is lock me in that mine for the rest of my life. With the Black-Briars, one wrong thing can bring in an assassin's blade in your back.

Would rather not risk that knife in the back.

Daelon DuLac

Personally I like to cast Hysteria or Mayhem and watch the action. If you do it when everybody's together the fun is wonderful.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
When i did that (reloaded after) used fury on Borkul, fully hidden. They all still attacked me anyway, so i summoned an ash guardian, completely forgetting that the guards had confiscated my heart stones.
Had to hide in the end of the cave until it died :D.

Daelon DuLac

When i did that (reloaded after) used fury on Borkul, fully hidden. They all still attacked me anyway, so i summoned an ash guardian, completely forgetting that the guards had confiscated my heart stones.
Had to hide in the end of the cave until it died :D.
Well, yeah, they did all attack me, but they also attacked each other and it wasn't like I couldn't defend myself. I still say it was good fun. I have also conjured Dremora Lords there too which can also be a lot of fun. Hysteria was fun since they all ran for the tunnels and a number of them ended up by Madanock(sic) so I got to kill them and him with my chain lightning at one time. It was quite satisfying.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Magicka management. Nice!

You do not understand, with the Silver-Bloods, the worse they can do is lock me in that mine for the rest of my life. With the Black-Briars, one wrong thing can bring in an assassin's blade in your back.

Would rather not risk that knife in the back.
Ah, a fellow supporter!

Gotta agree with you. "Prison over pain" has become a motto for me in skyrim regarding crime. Cant say the same about oblivion. Nearly killed myself jumping off walls to boost athletics, then lose it all doing that Bruma vampire quest. Curse you 3rd Era Cyrodil Prison system!:ashstab:

AS88

Staff member
... Feel like I should put a list together of all the people the Silver-Bloods have had dealt with by the Forsworn to help Skies on his quest to spread enlightenment.

If the SBs don't like you, then you either mine until you can't stand up, at which point you're killed, or you meet the sharp end of a dagger.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
It is just a philosophical difference. Being imprisoned unjustly for life is worst that just an assassin's blade.

You are basically forced to help the people who hate you...
Basically you want to be an asset to those half-wits. :p Congratulations you not only lost your freedom, you are so scared of death you would help those who imprisoned you.

Daelon DuLac

... Feel like I should put a list together of all the people the Silver-Bloods have had dealt with by the Forsworn to help Skies on his quest to spread enlightenment.

If the SBs don't like you, then you either mine until you can't stand up, at which point you're killed, or you meet the sharp end of a dagger.
True, but, if you don't do what Maven tells you to do the same result happens (particularly after she becomes Jarl). 6 of this, 1/2 a dozen of that.

Daelon DuLac

It is just a philosophical difference. Being imprisoned unjustly for life is worst that just an assassin's blade.

Basically you want to be an asset to those half-wits. :p Congratulations you not only lost your freedom, you are so scared of death you would help those who imprisoned you.
Fortunately I have never played a character that was THAT afraid of death - a life of slavery, certainly, but death? No.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Fortunately I have never played a character that was THAT afraid of death - a life of slavery, certainly, but death? No.

You realize for manual labor Slavery... That is basically a death sentence right? Especially as someone afraid of death. They are probably weak as well, which means you ensured he died in the worse way possible :p

Daelon DuLac

You realize for manual labor Slavery... That is basically a death sentence right? Especially as someone afraid of death. They are probably weak as well, which means you ensured he died in the worse way possible :p
Very true. My characters would never allow themselves to be Slaves. Just wouldn't happen. I suspect that every last one of them would, if unable to escape, make every effort to make sure that they were killed as soon as possible, weakness be damned.

J

Jeremius

Never said I would actually help them! I would personally live in like Solitude or Falkreath, but prefer the Silver-Bloods and there mine monopoly to the Mob-wannabe Black-Briars.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts