• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thecelticlatino

Personally I have:
Female Nord- Camilla Valerius (killed her as a Werewolf)
Male Argonian- Shahvee
Male Breton- Jenassa (turned on me while adventuring in a cave, had to kill her)
Male Redguard- Ysolda
Male Imperial- Ria
Male Orc- Borgakh the Steel Heart
Female Bosmer- Stenvar
Female Dunmer- Revyn Sadri (killed him as a vampire)
Female Altmer- Onmund
Female Khajiit- None

My favorite male is Stenvar so far. He's not exactly perfect looking but he's not ugly for an older guy and he's pretty sweet. Plus he's very good in a fight and makes for a protective husband. My Bosmer is proud :-)

As for the ladies, I generally like Shahvee of the ones I've married. I love her smoker voice and she's very sweet and devoted.

Still got make a character for Marcurio, Mjoll and Aela. :-)

I just wish there were more eligable Redguards and marriagable Khajiit and Bosmer. :sadface:

Oliverjames

Silly man, leaving the weak, pathetic wifey behind while you do your work. LOL.
Hahaha that's not what I meant! I'd feel the same if I played a female character, an wanted to protect my husband. Besides, wouldn't fancy my chances bow to bow with aela

Jeff the DragonBorn

I married Ysolda. Anyone know if I can divorce her and get 1/2 her assets? Is Whiterun a community property city-state?

Or should I tell her we are moving to Solitude and when she starts walking just kill her outside the gates?

drakkenfan

My character has avoided marriage. I can't find a single suitable man to marry, and I've been toying with the idea of just marrying another woman for awhile now, seeing as it has its benefits.
You know you can use console commands to marry almost anyone (greatly expanding your choices). I used console commands to marry Malborn. He says all the cute marriage dialog and gives me homecooked meals and a store profit just like any other spouse.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
But you still can't remarry if your spouse kicks the bucket, right?

Actually you should be able to remarry, once your spouse dies. A few days to weeks after their death, you'll receive a Letter of Inheritance, letting you know they they've died, and how much you'll be receiving in inheritance. After that, make you sure completely remove the "Bond of Matrimony" ring from your inventory, you won't be able to attempt to remarry while you're wearing, or carrying it.

I see though you mentioned you married Mjoll. Like a few have said before me, she's one of the few essential characters that remains un-killable after marriage. Sorry.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I married Ysolda. Anyone know if I can divorce her and get 1/2 her assets? Is Whiterun a community property city-state?

Or should I tell her we are moving to Solitude and when she starts walking just kill her outside the gates?

What platform are you playing on? If you're on PS3 or XBox360, her death is probably the only way you can receive your inheritance and be eligible to remarry. If you take that route, make sure the two of you are alone, as things will be greatly mucked up if someone sees you and you receive a bounty for it. So alone outside the city walls would be fine, or, if your sneak is high enough you can stealth assassinate her. A few in-game days to weeks and you'll receive a letter from a courier about your spouse's death, along with some inheritance money. Make sure you remove the "Bond of Matrimony" from your body, and inventory, wait for at LEAST 24 hours, equip the Amulet of Mara and try again.

The above method will also work for PC players, but, if you'd prefer there are a few...er, "cleaner" ways to induce a "divorce" via console, that don't involve your spouse's death. I've personally used, and tested the one below and can attest to its effectiveness, if you'd like/are able to give it a try.

- Make sure you have an Amulet of Mara in your inventory, do NOT have it equipped.
- Be sure you've taken anything away from your spouse that you'd like to keep (weapons, armor, etc.)
- Stand directly in front of your spouse, and open the console via the tilde "~" key.
- Target your spouse by clicking on them while the console is open, you'll see their gameID number appear at the top of the console box. If you see something like "00000014" you've accidentally clicked yourself.
- Type the following commands into the console, one by one, pressing enter after each:
- removefac 51596
- player.removefac C6472
- resetquest 74793
- resetquest 21382
- setstage 74793 10
[By entering these commands, you've removed your old spouse from the in-game marriage faction altogether. The game will no longer recognize them as a character that can be married, and you'll never be able to remarry them. Subsequently, you've reset all quests related to being married as if you've never done them before.]
- Exit the console again, via the "~" key. Your old spouse should immediately leave your house, or wherever the two of you happened to be and return to their default location.
- Wait 24 in game hours, then, equip your Amulet of Mara.
- You should be free to approach any new spouse and the marriage dialogue will be available.

CharlesD

I see though you mentioned you married Mjoll. Like a few have said before me, she's one of the few essential characters that remains un-killable after marriage. Sorry.

I'm not really looking to replace spouses on this character anyway, which is why I'm kind of glad she can't die.

I have another character married to Aela and she died on me a couple times. Reloading the last save cost me a few hours once. I might go back and play that character some if I know I can remarry after an untimely death.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
My character has avoided marriage. I can't find a single suitable man to marry, and I've been toying with the idea of just marrying another woman for awhile now, seeing as it has its benefits.

Personally I married a woman too. This sounds strange to say until I tell you I play female characters in the game. (I figure I spend hours on hours looking at the back of my character, I would rather stare at a women's behind then some hairy arse.)

So I say marry away whomever you wish, society be damned!

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I married Mjoll, and I knew i would the second I saw her (well, i thought to myself I hope I can marry this one). I always take her with me because she loves adventuring, and it's my duty as her husband to keep her happy and her life fufilled.

I did notice though she never once mentions anything about my character being dragonborn.

CharlesD

I married Mjoll, and I knew i would the second I saw her (well, i thought to myself I hope I can marry this one). I always take her with me because she loves adventuring, and it's my duty as her husband to keep her happy and her life fufilled.

I did notice though she never once mentions anything about my character being dragonborn.

Do the others mention that? I have a character married to Aela and one to Mjoll and I've not heard either one of them mention that. I think I prefer Mjoll because she's positive about everything. I don't even mind the incessant talking. It doesn't hurt that she's absolutely incredible in combat.

Another thing. My real life wife is an immigrant from Kenya and running around with an in game wife who has an accent seems kind of appropriate.

Jeff the DragonBorn

1. I want to divorce Ysolda and marry either Selenia The Wicked or Hjori. Both fine big-breasted Nord females!
When I asked my follower Lydia abut my idea she replied " I got a bad feeling about this...:

HighElfJimbo

I wouldnt take my wife into battle simply because if she dies you cant re-marry. plus i love her and dont want her to get hurt! theres plenty of other followers, but as u said they give away your sneak sometimes.

Aetherguard

On another quick note I forgot to mention, some spouses already own houses, or some property that they are entitled to. Marrying them will also entitle you to share and use of that property. For example, Camilla Valerius owns the Riverwood Trader shop, Mjoll the Lioness shares a house with Aerin, Uthgerd the Unbroken owns a home, and Muiri owns the Hag's Cure shop in Markarth. Some have less than desirable property like Aela's bed in Jorrvaskr, and Brelyna Maryon only being entitled to her dorm room at the College of Winterhold. Either way you're granted free access and use in both cases.

Although marrying Maryon at College of Winterhold will give you a free bed there, you also get the same thing with first class benefits instead just by doing the College of Winterhold questline to the end. You will be appointed headmaster of the College and given your own room there. For spoiler reasons I won't say more than that, but it really is worth it and the loot during the quests is phenominal.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I married the Huntress, and she is a BEAST in combat, her archery seems really solid and she always calls me "dear." And she's a helluva good cook!

I've heard that once you marry Lydia, she turns into a shrew, but I can't say from experience.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts