• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Well, I've been saving up for a while now, and am thinking of buying a house. In terms of aesthetics and convenience, which city has a good house to get?

Thanks!

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I've always been content with Whiterun due to the close proximity to the Blacksmith and Shops. The Enchanters Table is a little bit of a walk up at Dragonsreach, but apart from that, it's a good solid house.

The house in Windhelm is the best in my opinion. It is the second most expensive and definitely the best value for money. It is double storey, has a spacious main hall with a kitchen adjacent. It also features a hidden room which has an alchemy lab and enchanters table. It also has some black soul gems for you to use. Upstairs is a good armory with 3 manequins,a large weapon rack as well as 3 display cases (for normal weapons) and quite a few daggers display cases. Weapon racks and plaques also are plentiful in the house. Your housecarl has a small room on the upper level and you have a really large bedroom. There is also plentiful bookcases for your collected books as well as ample chest storage. I categorized mine!The house is also styled in a upper class nord warrior style, which is quite appealing in my opinion. Hope this helps
In terms of convenience, it is close to a blacksmith, but the general store is not too far away either though navigating Windhelm can be tricky at first (easy once youve been around it a few times)

I've always been content with Whiterun due to the close proximity to the Blacksmith and Shops. The Enchanters Table is a little bit of a walk up at Dragonsreach, but apart from that, it's a good solid house.
A bit of walk but insta fast travel. Access-wise, Whiterun is probably best.

Teritus

The house in Windhelm is the best in my opinion. It is the second most expensive and definitely the best value for money. It is double storey, has a spacious main hall with a kitchen adjacent. It also features a hidden room which has an alchemy lab and enchanters table. It also has some black soul gems for you to use. Upstairs is a good armory with 3 manequins,a large weapon rack as well as 3 display cases (for normal weapons) and quite a few daggers display cases. Weapon racks and plaques also are plentiful in the house. Your housecarl has a small room on the upper level and you have a really large bedroom. There is also plentiful bookcases for your collected books as well as ample chest storage. I categorized mine!The house is also styled in a upper class nord warrior style, which is quite appealing in my opinion. Hope this helps
In terms of convenience, it is close to a blacksmith, but the general store is not too far away either though navigating Windhelm can be tricky at first (easy once youve been around it a few times)

I'm thinking of getting that one. It's a fair bit more expensive than the Whiterun one though, so I'll have to save up a little more.

Kablewee

Read house in Windhelm is spacious and from what Senatour saying lot of goodies. Too bad I can't get it with that annoying quest glitch not activating which is what I need to purchase the house. So, I would have to say house at Markarth is pretty nice. 4 weapon rack, 1 mannaquin, 2 dagger display case , and 2 more shield/weapon display. and nice waterfall close by :)

I'm thinking of getting that one. It's a fair bit more expensive than the Whiterun one though, so I'll have to save up a little more.
Its definitely worth the wait as i personally think you'd be wasting your gold buying the whiterun one, considering the bedroom of the windhelm one is probably as big as the whole of the whiterun house!!

Read house in Windhelm is spacious and from what Senatour saying lot of goodies. Too bad I can't get it with that annoying quest glitch not activating which is what I need to purchase the house. So, I would have to say house at Markarth is pretty nice. 4 weapon rack, 1 mannaquin, 2 dagger display case , and 2 more shield/weapon display. and nice waterfall close by :)
i agree, with you fully, the markarth house is second best in my opinion :) it sucks that you cant get the windhelm one! its just like the markarth one on steroids but lacks the cosey dwarven feeling!

Teritus

Its definitely worth the wait as i personally think you'd be wasting your gold buying the whiterun one, considering the bedroom of the windhelm one is probably as big as the whole of the whiterun house!!

Do you have to do some kind of quest or something in order to be able to buy it?

I
You don't have to waste any gold. You can get the Whiterun house for free if you know how ;D
I thought you had to help the ruler of whiterun kill the dragon that attacks u at the watchtower in the main quest to allow u to buy it? I didnt realise u could get it for free! i had to pay :p

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I
I thought you had to help the ruler of whiterun kill the dragon that attacks u at the watchtower in the main quest to allow u to buy it? I didnt realise u could get it for free! i had to pay :p

You do have to kill the Dragon to allow you to buy it, but you can dupe the steward so you end up buying it for free.

You basically click to buy the house, then before he finishes his sentance put all your gold in a container. You get the key for free and can retrieve your gold straight after. :D

You do have to kill the Dragon to allow you to buy it, but you can dupe the steward so you end up buying it for free.

You basically click to buy the house, then before he finishes his sentance put all your gold in a container. You get the key for free and can retrieve your gold straight after. :D
thats really smart! i just was recently saving and killing vendors then reloading to get a refreshed item list!

It's alright. You have to join the Stormcloaks to get the Windhelm house though?
Erm no i dont think so, you just need to see either the stormcloak or imperial quest line to its end. Afterall you do conquer windhelm if you side with imperials!

Teritus

There's a certain quest for the Stormcloaks and when you finish it, you're able to purchase the Windhelm house.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts