• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AJK

One of the Battleborns got killed by a Vampire right after I installed Dawnguard. I'm not sure which one. I think I looted a key from his corpse though.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
One of the Battleborns got killed by a Vampire right after I installed Dawnguard. I'm not sure which one. I think I looted a key from his corpse though.
It was probably Jon. Once it was the patriarch though. I wore his clothes for days. :)

AJK

I think it WAS Jon.

I like the robes the Vaermina worshippers wear (purple is my favorite color). I enchanted some with Fortify Conjuration to give myself some snazzy Conjurer's Robes. Although I rarely change into them.

Caideus

When it comes to the question of Grey-Mane or Battle-Born, I always end up siding with the Grey-Manes. As you know, Eorlund Grey-Mane works the Skyforge for the Companions and in joining the Companions, although not actually a Companion himself, should still be considered a Shield-Brother. Even Vignar himself, a retired Companion is a shield-brother and you honor your shield-siblings.

And even if you do not join the Companions, and you don't get that feeling of brotherhood, don't you feel at least the need to help Fralia? She is after all, a loving mother, and that is who you are helping.

Caideus

I think it WAS Jon.

I like the robes the Vaermina worshippers wear (purple is my favorite color). I enchanted some with Fortify Conjuration to give myself some snazzy Conjurer's Robes. Although I rarely change into them.

It is Jon, though I cannot see why someone would have a problem with a Bard.

Daelon DuLac

'Cause they just won't shut up and are apparently only taught 2 songs, annoy the heck out of everyone and ask the stupidest questions. Just a few reasons why Bards get on my nerves. I prefer the old D&D version of a Bard - at least then there was some Charisma involved.

Personally, my favorite Bard is the off-key Orc in Morthal. :)

J

Jeremius

I choose neither. You know why? Because they are both idiots, and their feud is stupid.

Sweetroll Thief

this is essentially another Imperials vs Stormcloaks thread isn't it well I say Battle-born because they are with the Empire and I like the Empire

I tend to make a random choice. Unless your character is a Nord from Whiterun Hold (who therefore would have heard of them), demanding that someone who just entered the city answer "Grey-Mane or Battle-born" is equivalent to standing outside Grand Central Station and saying "pink sheep or teal elves?" They're words with absolutely no context.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
this is essentially another Imperials vs Stormcloaks thread isn't it well I say Battle-born because they are with the Empire and I like the Empire

I tend to make a random choice. Unless your character is a Nord from Whiterun Hold (who therefore would have heard of them), demanding that someone who just entered the city answer "Grey-Mane or Battle-born" is equivalent to standing outside Grand Central Station and saying "pink sheep or teal elves?" They're words with absolutely no context.

According to that logic, you'd give a neutral answer - because you don't know.

Sweetroll Thief

According to that logic, you'd give a neutral answer - because you don't know.

Isn't the neutral answer that you don't take sides? It's an astute choice, assuming you figure out enough context to get that much. A lot of the dialogue options are cultural minefields. If you boast, some respect you more (Maven), but if you *don't* boast, others (Aela) respect you more. If you say that something is no problem, sometimes you'll be chided for being cocky and sometimes they'll clap you on the back and say they like your spirit. So "enormous, belligerent Nord standing in your face and demanding an answer" tends to get "okay, 50% chance this guy will be happy with my answer, but if I'm non-commital, probably 100% chance he'll try to beat the crap out of me, and I just got here!" The characters who I think have the "know how to read a room" skill tend to pick correctly, I did pick the neutral response on a character with training in shutting down belligerent people, the rest I just have them guess.

Lord of Blood

High King Ulfric
Dung sniffing Battle-Borns are nothing more than boot licking snobs addicted to Imperial coin

Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac

But aren't those the questions that are the most fun? I just wish there was a third option besides "undecided". Something totally out there like "Miraak!". The whole question does seem a bit confrontational though. Maybe if he threatened you with a fight if you answered "Grey-Mane" it would have made more sense.

Satorus

Lol I should have changed the title to more related to my question. Thank you for all the replies. It wasnt my intent to have this be a blank vs blank thread but I suppose my title is sort of asking for it.

Anyways, I wish they would implement more quests for these factions since they pretty much throw it in your face as soon as you enter Whiterun. Maybe you could gain access to the Battle-born armories, or maybe have it as an alternate way to gain access to Skyforged steel.

Daelon DuLac

Lol I should have changed the title to more related to my question. Thank you for all the replies. It wasnt my intent to have this be a blank vs blank thread but I suppose my title is sort of asking for it.

Anyways, I wish they would implement more quests for these factions since they pretty much throw it in your face as soon as you enter Whiterun. Maybe you could gain access to the Battle-born armories, or maybe have it as an alternate way to gain access to Skyforged steel.
Alternate way to get Skyforge steel in my game was to kill companions. I realize you're not supposed to be able to, but I killed Athis and Torvar and ended up with 3 skyforge steel blades. Didn't need 'em, but I had 'em! Now if I could kill one of the ones that wore the armor too then I'd have that as well.

Oh well... save deleted. :)

Ivory

Let's Player
To be honest, the only Battle-Born that sucks is the father (and maybe the old woman). One son is a bard in secret love with a grey-mane woman (Who ironically enough, aggrevates me via her pride and empty comments.) The other son while more proud of the Empire, looked into the grey-mane who was kidnapped. Most of the battle-borns clearly care about the Grey-Manes, as vice versa while the idiot grandfather looking dude who was a companion is just as frustratingly annoying as Olfred or whatever his name is.

When you think about it, the battle-borns were for the most part trying to protect the Grey-mane family by lying about the son's death. Granted it's a terrible call but that's what they chose.

Kinda funny the two real bad eggs in the battleborn family Olfred and the old woman, and Vignar are the only two who are really an issue while Idolaf is more the pleasing son for his father and Jon just stays away, just like his mother who clearly doesn't care for the stupid feud.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts