• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Satorus

Hello all,

One of the first things that happens when you first run into Whiterun is you see a Battleborn talking with the blacksmith woman about making weapons for the Empire. if you talk to the guy he then asks you "Battleborn or Greymane?" You soon learn that there are these two rival clans inside Whiterun.

Are there any quests that you are able to do tasks for the Battleborn family? I know that there is the Greymane quest to rescue the Greymane guy that is being held but so far I have not been able to do any Battleborn quests except helping the little kid who gets bullied.

I have spoken to every Battleborn I could find but none of them had led to anything.

Thanks!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
There is no questline, but you do have Misc quests that involve these factions.

The Battleborns are a clan that is loyal to the Empire, while the Grey Manes sided with the Stormcloaks. It is rare that an Imperial Legion Soldier joins them. It would also be weird for a Stormcloak rebel to join the Battleborns.

I never roleplay my character joins them (roleplay is as close as you can get to them because it is not a joinable faction). I can't stand the arrogance of the Battleborns, but am an Imperial. So I just tend to ignore them. I tell the Battleborn dude in Whiterun I don't pick sides.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
this is essentially another Imperials vs Stormcloaks thread isn't it well I say Battle-born because they are with the Empire and I like the Empire

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Well technically you can do a quest for Olfrid if you
Join the Thieve's Guild
but besides that you can't really do anything for them. It's just as well I think, I can't stand the Battle Borns.

tx12001

I choose Grey manes because the Battle-born's became wealthy snobs who forgot where they originally came from.
they could be cyrodiilic nords for all we know like the ones that live in bruma

tx12001

tx12001

May many more Nightmares Torment me this night after having watched that at least I would rather be tormented by them then what I just saw

Chadonraz

In addition to the
TG quest (which I've personally never done)
involving Olfrid you can also help Lars. No requirements for doing that one. :)

I usually talk to Idolaf for the first time during "Missing in Action", and reply "Battle-Born" in an (possibly unnecessary) attempt to butter him up, regardless of my or my character's real opinion. :D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
In addition to the

I usually talk to Idolaf for the first time during "Missing in Action", and reply "Battle-Born" in an (possibly unnecessary) attempt to butter him up, regardless of my or my character's real opinion. :D
The only thing about Missing In Action that I don't like is having to break in to Battleborn Manor. Is there a way around that? I'd like to help the old biddy (since I like her husband immensily). I usually don't help Lars. The little weenie deserves what he gets. Grow a pair kid.

Chadonraz

In addition to the

The only thing about Missing In Action that I don't like is having to break in to Battleborn Manor. Is there a way around that? I'd like to help the old biddy (since I like her husband immensily). I usually don't help Lars. The little weenie deserves what he gets. Grow a pair kid.

There are alternative ways. See this section of the UESP article: click me

I always use the third one, which is why I never do the quest early on.

Daelon DuLac

In addition to the

There are alternative ways. See this section of the UESP article: click me

I always use the third one, which is why I never do the quest early on.
Thank you. I knew there was a way.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I choose Grey manes because the Battle-born's became wealthy snobs who forgot where they originally came from.

They haven't forgot where they came from. They make mention that they're proud of their heritage. Just because they have money, doesn't mean they suddenly forget where they're from.

The Battle-Born's in a surprising twist actually still care for the Grey-Manes. A Battle-Born and Grey-Mane are in love, also the Battle-Born's were trying to find the Grey-Mane who was taken by the Thalmor. They were told he's alive and was taken, but still they actually cared enough to just say he died in battle. Which in Nord terms, is the most honorable way to die.

There is no questline, but you do have Misc quests that involve these factions.

The Battleborns are a clan that is loyal to the Empire, while the Grey Manes sided with the Stormcloaks. It is rare that an Imperial Legion Soldier joins them. It would also be weird for a Stormcloak rebel to join the Battleborns.

I never roleplay my character joins them (roleplay is as close as you can get to them because it is not a joinable faction). I can't stand the arrogance of the Battleborns, but am an Imperial. So I just tend to ignore them. I tell the Battleborn dude in Whiterun I don't pick sides.

I like the Grey-Manes, just cause you're an Imperial supporter doesn't mean you have to like the Battle-Borns. Benefit of the Imperial Legion, Nobles, Jarls, Kings, they are nothing to you. You don't answer to them, you don't have to like them. The Legion represents the Emperor, if you're a Legate in the Legion. You technically have higher authority than all the Jarls, since your authority as a Legion Officer comes from the Emperor, whom they all serve.

Something that Elisif tends to bitch about, cause Tullius can cancel meetings with her. Which she gets reminded, she has no authority over him. Ulfric also makes fun of it in Season Unending, telling her to give Tullius an order.

Daelon DuLac

I just can't stand Jon Battle-born:mad: ......so Greymane it is:cool:
Isn't he the one that loiters by Belethor's place all the time? Sometimes I get him killed by vampires on purpose just so I can get a key to Battleborn manor and not have to break in. :)

Latest posts