• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Its a battle to the death between your characters from Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind who will emerge victorious? I am sure 99.9% of you have far more than one character but pick the one that would fair best in an arena battle from each game then pit them against each other. Each set of 8 champions will be pit against each other in a winners bracket.

RULES
1. Each character only has access to equipment and abilities from the game they are from (ex. only a Skyrim era character would be able to sprint, shout, etc.)
2. Since the scaling was much different in each game it is impossible to use the numbers given. Try to just scale the Health/Magicka/Stamina and the damage your character dealt based on how powerful they were in the game.
3. Weapons and armor from Skyrim would have health. This is so a character using a disintegrate tactic would still be useful.

My battle:
'Skyrim' Breton Paladin vs my Breton Battlemage 'Oblivion'

The Paladin rushed in much faster than the Battlemage could move and easily landed a blow with Dawnbreaker, only to find that he had almost killed himself doing so. The Battlemage had a very powerful set of armor that reflected damage, the Paladin realized melee combat would only end in his death. The Paladin puts all his weight behind his shield and starts to charge the Battlemage in a desperate manner. As the Paladin is rushing forward the Battlemage strikes the paladin with a bolt of magic causing his sword to become brittle and even more useless than it already was against the enchanted armor. The Battlemage is knocked to the ground as the Paladin unleashes a stream of fiery breath. Do to the nature of being a Breton he resist the blunt of the blow but still takes a severe scorching. As the Battlemage gets up the Paladin backs off and heals himself. The Battlemage armed with a sword and shield then manages to cast a fire spell with an inescapable radius. Blinded by the flame the Paladin is left defenseless against the barrage of blows from the Battlemages shortsword, each blows draining the very essence of life from the Paladin. The Battlemage knowing the Paladin was no match in his weakened state pierced his blade into the chest of the Paladin as the crowd chanted for death.

- Winners Circle -

Jociel - Battlemage - Oblivion
Cato - self desribed Ass-Kicker - Skyrim
wrighty - Nighblade/VampireLord - Skyrim
Almaril - Illusionist - Skyrim
Saozig a' Dhubh - Battlemage - Skyrim
Venator - Archer - Skyrim
?
?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Since I only own Skyrim...

Aldaril vs. Branwenn

Probably a stalemate. Aldaril is a pure mage, whereas Branwenn is based on stealth and alchemy. The former has a massive Magicka pool, and he is heavily talented in atromancy. A near-limitless way to heal his wounds coupled with Dremora and Fireball spells make for a deadly combination. However, Branwenn has her bow and a multitude of paralysis poisons. She'd probably falter in a close-combat battle with Aldaril, but without restrictions, they'd probably tie.

Aldaril vs. Dances

Unless Aldaril has sufficient spell protection and keeps running like hell, Dances will carve through his low Health pool without any second thought, then turn him into a thrall.

Aldaril vs. Cato

Cato is kind of an ass-kicker, but Aldaril would probably win due to the latter's lack of magic resistance. Since both use healing spells to their advantage, however, the match would likely be long. I foresee an Aldaril victory, though.

Aldaril vs. Syerrah

Now, this would be interesting. Pure mage versus pure mage.As one would probably expect, this battle would likely be a stalemate. Unless Syerrah cheats and uses an Illusion spell + dagger combination.

Branwenn vs. Dances

Branwenn would be at a disadvantage due to Dances' sheer girth and high amount of health. But if she remains hidden, she'd probably wear him down enough for him to throw in the towel.

Branwenn vs. Cato

Cato would win. His spells and armor are probably superior to Branwenn's archery and dual-wielding combination.

Branwenn vs. Syerrah

Another interesting match, but I'd probably give this one to Syerrah. Illusion comes in handy.

Dances vs. Cato

There's nothing like a good old-fashioned hand-to-hand duel between good and evil, eh? Dances would put forth a staggering amount of damage, but his slower weapon speed would likely falter to Cato's sword and constant healing bouts.

Dances vs. Syerrah

Unless Syerrah goes berserk with her Illusion spells (no pun intended), she'll have her skull bashed into her cranial cavity pretty damn quickly.

Cato vs. Syerrah

Syerrah could probably overpower him. A Pacify spell coupled with a well-placed backstab would pull the victory for her. Otherwise, I hope Morrowind has good health insurance.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
My Skyrim Vampire Lord Nightblade would defeat all of them, vampiric grip :cool: but also he has perks, shouts and he's a Breton master archer and Illusionist, he'd just turn invisible and fire arrows.

AS88

Staff member
I've only ever played Skyrim, too, although I have quite a few characters who are fairly powerful.

In a battle including Lilija (destruction, 1h, conj, Thu'um), Thomir (2h, heavy armour, block, Thu'um), Almaril (destruction, illusion, necromancy, alteration), Reman (heavy armour, block, restoration, destruction, Thu'um), Veros Andrethi (enchanting, block, destruction, dwarven tech), Tun-Jasaiin (block, heavy armour, destruction, alchemy), Elros (archery, sneak, alchemy) there would be several weaknesses to go along with each of their strengths..

Lilija

Strengths
- capability to use master-level lightning magic
- ability to summon two dremora
- mobility
- magical defence
- heavy use of varied Thu'um skills
Weaknesses
- squishy in melee
- over aggressive, unwillingness to retreat and tendency to use all her magicka quickly, which would not be suited to a fight like this

Thomir

Strengths
- massive strength
- legendary quality greatsword and armour allowing for massive damage and protection
- near-mastery of the Thu'um
Weaknesses
- no magical healing abilities
- little magic resistance
- no magical summoning - he's on his own
- no ranged attacks except the Thu'um (and weak effect from Bloodskal Blade, if used over Stalhrim/Dragonbone Greatsword)

Almaril

Strengths
- Illusion magic would be able to turn the tide of battle massively
- Thralled assistants are well trained and would distract enemies looking to get into melee range (dead thrall Thalmor Soldiers)
- Mobility and kite-friendly frost magic and lightning magic effective against mages
- Ability to summon atronachs if thralls are killed
- Powerful enchanted gear for reduced spell cost and quicker regeneration
Weaknesses
- Very squishy in melee, despite Mage Armour perks
- No Thu'um
- Low expertise in destruction spells compared to one or two opponents

Reman

Strengths
- Magic resistance due to buffed Atronach Stone - absorbs roughly 75% of the spells that hit him, allowing for massive regen in this fight, and also frost and lightning resistance meaning he keeps most of his stamina and magicka
- Ability to hide behind his shield to regen health quickly
- Able to let off master-level lightning spells to deal massive damage quickly
- Excellent physical resistance due to full Ebony Armour smithed to excellent quality
- Thu'um expert, quick recharge rate due to buffed Talos amulet and extensive study and practice
- Expert with magical walls and rune traps making things difficult for melee-based enemies
Weaknesses
- Not particularly strong melee attacks
- Lack of mobility
- Prefers not to summon Daedra

Veros

Strengths
- Spellbreaker provides a recharge point against mages, rendering many of their attacks completely useless
- Expertise with Dwemer technology grants him magical resistance and ability to summon an automaton
- Expertise with Dwarven armour pieces and alteration spells give him a near-armour-cap level of protection
- Masterful enchanting gives him huge cost reduction for flame-based magic
Weaknesses
- Fairly weak in melee
- Doesn't generally duel-cast spells, limiting his offensive abilities
- Reliance on Destruction magic and enchantments has made his other schools weaker
- No Thu'um

Tun-Jasaiin

Strengths
- Incredibly tough, using heavy armour, masterful blocking skills and potions
- Able to raise weaker dead creatures (probably not applicable in this fight)
- Uses the Thu'um and strong cloak spells to keep a distance between him and his melee enemies
- Defensive style will probably aid his longevity
- Buffs from Alchemy give him a real boost, be it to health, spells, resistances or regeneration
- Histskin ability to get him out of tight corners, or to allow a no-holds-barred attack
Weaknesses
- Not particularly deadly against mobile enemies

Elros

Strengths
- Incredible archer, coupled with deadly paralysis and weakness poisons could cause real problems for multiple enemies
- Sneaking ability could keep him out of sight if he was away from the central scrum
Weaknesses
- Squishy, if he gets seen then he's in trouble in this fight, melee would be out of the question
- No magical resistances, and average light armour
- No Thu'um
- Sneak would be of little use against those who are able to cast detect life (Almaril, Reman)

All in all, I think Elros and Thomir would die first, followed by Veros if Thomir weakened him with a few big hits. If Almaril can use Illusion, then the fight is pretty much his, but Reman's atronach ability and Thu'um use make him a real candidate. Lilija would probably throw herself into the melee in a rage, and get cut down or simply overwhelmed by numbers.

It's tough to pick a winner, but it'd be between
- Almaril - illusion spells and Altmeri cleverness would serve him well
- Reman - hard to look past his massive magical absorption and master level lightning spells coupled with full ebony armour and discipline
- Tun-Jasaiin - he'd be happy sitting at the sidelines for a while, magical wall spells and runes ready, shield up, ready for the party. A few potions near the end and Histskin could even swing the whole thing in his favour.

:Dragonborn:

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Dances vs. Cato

There's nothing like a good old-fashioned hand-to-hand duel between good and evil, eh? Dances would put forth a staggering amount of damage, but his slower weapon speed would likely falter to Cato's sword and constant healing bouts.
These Skyrim vs Skyrim battles are very interesting seeing as the characters are on a equal playing field. Reading your post this battle would be your championship match since these chracters had the most victories. I declare Cato as your grand champion since you decided Cato would defeat Dances in arena battle.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
It's tough to pick a winner, but it'd be between
- Almaril - illusion spells and Altmeri cleverness would serve him well
- Reman - hard to look past his massive magical absorption and master level lightning spells coupled with full ebony armour and discipline
- Tun-Jasaiin - he'd be happy sitting at the sidelines for a while, magical wall spells and runes ready, shield up, ready for the party. A few potions near the end and Histskin could even swing the whole thing in his favour.:Dragonborn:
This one is very tough, in a three way battle illusion magic would be more powerful than ever. Almaril would easily advance to the final two without a scratch if he cast a fury spell. From what you have explained i think Reman would triumph over Tun-Jasaiin but not without taking heavy damage, Argonians are nasty in close range combat. The question is after calming Reman down could Almaril finish off the raging sentinel in one blow because once Almaril pierces him with his blade/spell he will be staring into the face of one mad (assuming) Breton.

This one has to go to a how many times out of ten would either one win.
However, I declare Almaril as your champion in this unique three way final battle.

Saozig

Hippy
I only have Skyrim (well, technically I have Morrowind which I can't get to run properly) but out of all my characters it would have to be my usernamesake, Saozig a' Dhubh, Breton Battlemage, the only character of mine to reach level 81, single mom, Thu'um Master and Arch-Mage of the College of Not Having That Foolishness. The only character of mine who could complete with her in the arena of badassery is her predecessor, Saozig ar Wenn, who retired around level 72. As their titles stand for "The Black" (in Gaelic) and "The White" (in Breton), it would be The Black versus The White, interestingly (to me, at least) but since Saozig the White lacks Saozig the Black's all-around skillz, Saozig the Black would win.

The problem is I don't really make many characters whose raison d'etre is to kick ass and let the Divines take names. Most of my characters have other agendas so Saozig a' Dhubh would probably mow them down like skeevers.

AS88

Staff member
This one is very tough, in a three way battle illusion magic would be more powerful than ever. Almaril would easily advance to the final two without a scratch f he cast a fury spell. From what you have explained i think Reman would triumph over Tun-Jasaiin but not without taking heavy damage, Argonians are nasty in close range combat. The question is after calming Reman down could Almaril finish off the raging sentinel in one blow because once Almaril pierces him with his blade/spell he will be staring into the face of one mad (assuming) Breton.

This one has to go to a how many times out of ten would either one win.
However, I declare Almaril as your champion is this unique three way final battle.

I like your thinking, although I would think that Reman (who is an Imperial, by the way) would eventually team up with Tun-Jasaiin and take Almaril out together, following that, I don't think it'd be in their nature to continue fighting.. Reman has grown up at the College after being orphaned, so would be more interested in a peaceful comparison through study, and although Tun is a little more cut-throat, he would be willing to truce.

The problem is I don't really make many characters whose raison d'etre is to kick ass and let the Divines take names.

Exactly, I've never had a build above level 60, and even then there has been no shortage of ass-whoopery

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I like your thinking, although I would think that Reman (who is an Imperial, by the way) would eventually team up with Tun-Jasaiin and take Almaril out together, following that, I don't think it'd be in their nature to continue fighting.. Reman has grown up at the College after being orphaned, and although Tun is a little more cut-throat, he would be willing to truce.

That's the beautiful thing about illusion magic is it can change the very nature of a person. Also there is no truce in arena combat. Only one combatant can leave the arena. The illusion mage essentially just has a front row view of the fight and all he has to worry about is finishing off the victor.

AS88

Staff member
That's the beautiful thing about illusion magic is it can change the very nature of a person. Also there is no truce in arena combat. Only one combatant can leave the arena. The illusion mage essentially just has a front row view of the fight and all he has to worry about is finishing off the victor.

I see what you mean. Also, if there was any hesitation from either of the others, Almaril would capitalise on it and turn it to his advantage in a heartbeat. He's a real badass in game, and despite his squishiness, he would have a real chance. Also, his willingness to use any kind of summons to his advantage would also work in his favour.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Alrigth I'm gonna match up my characters by game so that I end up with a skyrim vs oblivion finale:

(Oblivion) William a Nord skilled in heavy armor, blade, block, armorer and restoration. The guy is a damned paladin with insanely high health. Wielding Umbra's sword and wearing the artifacts of the crusader. A constant loop of restoration spells combined with his high health make his fights long and drawn out, allowing him to use his superior strength to overcome all obstacles.

(Oblivion) Raist a breton mage specializing in destruction, alteration and restoration. He dresses in clothing enchanted with shield and magic resist making him rather difficult to harm even without spells. He uses touch spells almost exclusively, giving him a very high damage to magicka used ratio. Even without magic, his silver shortsword is usually enough to cut down most foes after a long battle.

(Skyrim) Nex a Khajiit assassin that specializes in daggers. Skilled in sneak, one handed, light armor, and pickpocket(I know, not important). She rarely is seen before slitting your throat but when she is, she's still more than capable of cutting you down quickly with dual blades of woe, DB armor and abusing shadow warrior.

(Skyrim) Venator a wood elf archer, decked out in the saviours hide, boots and gauntlets of the old gods and wielding the highest level of the nightingale bow. He specializes in archery, sneak, alchemy, and speech(again, unimportant). His foes catch an arrow and die, and even if they are strong enough to survive a few shots, they rarely close the distance between them before he turns them into a dead, poisoned pincushion.

Honestly, between the skyrim stealth beasts, I'd pick venator. Range is everything in that battle as in an arena, Nex would have to close that distance before abusing shadow warrior. Between the Oblivion characters though..... I'd have to go with William. They are both based around being hard to kill, but while raist will initially put out more damage, William just has to outlast his rather large magicka pool before beating him into submission. At the end of the day, it would likely be William vs. Venator, and Venator's superior mobility, range and his variety of poisons, would eventually overcome William's extreme endurance.

Two Bears

Since we are taking skills and abilities from the various games, I don't see how any Champion of Cyrodiil or Dovahkiin could stand up to anyone's Nerevarine. By being able to stack the effect from intelligence potions and having an unlimited number of enchantments per item, a Morrowind character can have gear that is more powerful than anything in either Oblivion or Skryrim. The Nerevarine could blind opponents, sprint across the continent in seconds, could fly, could blow up the world with his magic, and was biologically immortal as a result of Corpus. So, I would throw him out of the argument because he's the very definition of overpowered.

Jbum26

Contestants:

Jared (Skyrim, Nord, One-handed tank, Master of Shouts,Able Archer, Border line ridiculous enchantments)
Revis Amatius (Oblivion, Imperial, Blade master be it one or two hands, Blunt expert, Adept at magic, Crusader perks, The original bad ass)
Cyrus (Oblivion, Redguard, Master of Sneak, Blade expert, Plenty of Poisons)
Ayleid (Skyrim, Dark Elf, Assassin, Master of Archery, Quick, Vampire Lord)
Ragul Khan (Skyrim, Redguard, Dual wielding jack of most trades, Destruction expert, quick, CURVED SWORD and ghost sword)
Pers(ia) Bengali (Skyrim, Khajiit, Pure Mage, Conjuration and Destruction)

Battles:

Jared Vs Revis
Can go either way, however Jared's shouts could be the key to a win. Both are OP with armor and reflect damage and spells. Jared is 85% impervious to magic (tried not to make it 100) with 100% Frost and 75% Fire and Shock resistance with loads of health and stamina. Revis is 70% impervious to spells and is 35% resistant to normal weapons. Jared has more Strength but Revis is more agile. To win Revis would have to be able to slip in and out with attacks (landing them will be difficult however disintegrate armor will be insanely decisive) whilst avoiding the onslaught of weapons that will easily 3-4 hit KO him. Revis can beat Jared with about 5-7 strikes with a blade. IMO Revis would wield a longer reach sword (2H) if Jared pressed the attack or stick with the shield spell breaker if Jared tries to pick him apart with arrows or Power Attacks. Jared must be able to connect shouts and hit Revis while he's down or hope he can catch Revis in between attacks. Jared's crossbow also ignores armor and can be a decisive (or moot) variable. Y'all can decide which is more likely to win in your opinions!

Jared Vs Cyrus
Cyrus would get butt raped simply because he doesn't have the armor or health to trade blows with Jared. Cyrus only chance is to cast an invisible spell and back stab him a few times. However, Jared's detect life enchantment kind of ruins that whole idea.

Jared Vs Ayleid
Close battle if Ayleid can stay far away and use his better Archery skills to eventually get a critical shot in. Auriel's bow would be a key, if able to darken the sun then Ayleid's Vampire perks will help him drastically if the fight eventually does reach a melee battle

Jared vs Ragul Khan
Might end in a stalemate, Ragul has to apply pressure and fast. His ghost blade is key though because lets face it, it'll probably do the most damages out of any of his weapons due to the ignore armor effect.

Jared vs Pers Bengali
Bengali must spam with conjuration for any chance however, I don't think he'll last long. 1 shot and he's done.

Revis vs Cyrus
Revis is too much to handle for cyrus and 1 shot will kill. Detect life enchantment screws Cyrus yet again. Cyrus would have to paralyze Revis for the entire battle and strike him at least 20 times to put even a dent in his health bar. Not to mention Revis will not always fall to the poison. Cyrus' goose is cooked IMO.

Revis vs Ragul Khan
Revis spells are decisive here! Ragul has no magic resistance and would be picked apart by magic before he could close the distance and force Revis into an onslaught of dual wielded attacks. Ragul would have to use a ward and hope the damage he sustains isn't too much before he reaches Revis. Revis I feel, will be able to prevent this however or just wabbajack his ass.

Revis vs Pers Bengali
Pers would be cut to pieces in minutes! With or Without spamming summons.

Revis vs Ayleid
Revis would defeat Ayleid off of Fire enchantments which would burn his poor vampire self up. Ayleid would have to avoid magic and melee attacks and hope he can just bring him down with his load of arrows.

Ragul Khan vs Cyrus
depends if Ragul can slice him up or burn him up before Cyrus goes commando and comes in for the back stab! Can't say it wouldn't be a great fight! Cyrus is outclassed in blade skill so the key is to his victory is stealth! Ragul is used to dealing with elite assassins though so it won't be easy!

Ragul vs Pers
Pers would probably win with either nuking or spamming, unless Ragul can get a spell off quick and then close the distance and 1 or 3 shot Pers. Pers would have to grind him down with magic and hope he can bust the ward before it's too late since Ragul is not lacking in health.

Ayleid vs Cyrus
Ayleid would win due to knowing all the assassin tricks and well...being a vampire he can use night eye. Cyrus is outclassed in range and when Ayleid is in Vamp form, in melee too! Cyrus needs to buff up big time if he wants to hang with the big boys!

Pers vs Cyrus
Cyrus would stealth him and get an easy victory provided he doesn't somehow get detected. Pers' only hope is to spin in a circle using a flame spell to break the chameleon effect or at least be able to see where he's going in order to nuke him before the backstab! Probably the most amusing fight for me to think of!

Pers vs Ayleid
Pers has to nuke and spam in order to keep Ayleid at bay in Vamp mode. Ayleid must be able to get a good shot off and avoid being hit with massive fire spells in order to win or go Vamp mode and hope he can tank his way through and hit the mage enough to deplete his health since mage armor now actually will be able to do something against a non OP weapon. My bet is it would go 50/50.

Any questions or any differing opinions on the outcomes? I'd be delighted to hear what you guys think!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts