Xbox 360 Bashing Issues on Dawnguard DLC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xay

Hey there, I needed to get this out here, so I hope you don't mind me discussing a few issues I've had with the Dawnguard DLC.I'd like to ask if there are any incentives at all (excluding roleplay-wise) to join the Volkihar Clan rather than the Dawnguard? The is literally nothing to gain by joining the Vampires except for a few amulets and rings. Oh, and the ability to turn your spouse into a vampire (but then again, roleplay is not a countable factor here). Dawnguard get nearly everything Vampired may snag (Dawnguard Vampire Lords? What are you doing Bethesda?), Armored Trolls, and special crossbow and crossbow bolt crafting. That last one REALLY bugged me when I made my archer a vampire without knowing the one-sided sacrifice I was going to be making. I would've been okay with that consequence if you gained something of equivalent value by joining the zvampires, but there isn't.

Overall the Dawnguard DLC was a great adventure, but the lack of perks for vampire bugs me. It's even worse when you can't enjoy crossbows. I would have okay with that had there been something cool for vampires to craft, but alas... We had nothing.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I've never played the Dawnguard questline myself, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing the vampire questline. I don't know about you, but I found getting bolts and crossbows very accessible. They're available at the shop, you can grab them whenever you're attacked by Dawnguard vampire hunters, and they can be found on the dwemer machinations. I do agree with you about being able to become a vampire lord while at the same time being a vampire hunter though, just doesn't make much sense. I also found that joining the Volkihar clan was very useful for my mage, as vampire royal armor gives a 125% regeneration speed for magicka.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts