• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Sounds interesting and fun, Rayven. Count me in, please. I can help with proofreading as I served as sports editor for my college's paper back in the day. And it drives me nuts to see simple errors in most of my magazine subscriptions. I like to think I have enough diplomatic skills to not insult anyone whose stuff I may be proofing. I'd also like to have a go with a team of writers. Would be a great opportunity for me to get my so-called gray matter functioning again. Please let me know what I need to do from here. Thanks and cheers.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I have a small complaint, we tend to post articles sporadically. weeks with nothing new and then 3, 4,mm 5 in one week. Would it be better to do just one a week? That way it has a chance to shine. And builds antisipation for a new one. Or perhaps 2 a week... Just thinking.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have a small complaint, we tend to post articles sporadically. weeks with nothing new and then 3, 4,mm 5 in one week. Would it be better to do just one a week? That way it has a chance to shine. And builds antisipation for a new one. Or perhaps 2 a week... Just thinking.

I'm not comfortable imposing any kind of deadlines on the writing group. Nor do I want them to lose interest by being asked to wait some arbitrary length of time. I know it's not ideal as far as publication "scheduling" but I'm less concerned with that than I am the authors themselves.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I also disagree with adding a schedule. I made an opinion article, then the guide for enchanting and so forth. Now I'm putting my other ideas on hold until I get a new laptop and can take screenshots and video.

Now, what I WOULD like to see is more active article writers. It seems like a huge portion of active users are writers, but the number of articles and activity in the writers' forum doesn't really seem to go agree with that.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Now, what I WOULD like to see is more active article writers. It seems like a huge portion of active users are writers, but the number of articles and activity in the writers' forum doesn't really seem to go agree with that.
I would have to agree, I don't feel right having the fabulous purple nametag color. I only wrote one article.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I'm with you, PurpleShew. Also, since I'm not logged into the Forums every day, I wouldn't want to let anyone down who might be waiting for me for something. I do get the impression that the Forums are friendly enough and let's face it, we all have at least one thing in common. As I've mentioned to Rayven, I'd like to join a group and help with proofing, yet I also wouldn't wanna just barge in. To me, that would seem rude and presumptuous. Not the Dovakhin way for sure.

Daaaah Whoosh

Article Writer
Not sure if this is the right place, but I want to say that I'd like to write an article for the site. I have at least one good one in me, and I'll have plenty of time to write it once I'm done with exams. So, yeah.

Hogglord

Article Writer
I'd love to, I'd write fanfic, walkthroughs, how to find or obtain easter eggs and speciac gear, and my experiences in Skyrim. But I couldn't write more than about 3 times a week normally, and sometimes less.

Aaren

A beautiful sight
look...im new to the forums but not new to the elder scrolls.
i'd love to write stuff like that for newbs or just visitors...though concerning matters of signatures and whatnot im useless.
if you mean writing narrative articles about skyrim that could be considered long then im in, but please if possible tell me exactly how or what i need to write and i'll do it

sgt dole

Xbox Ambassador
I would be very interested in writing articles. I'm quite experienced because I'm a News Contributor at GameRant.com - I can easily pop off a 300-500 word article.

I'd mostly post my thoughts on Skyrim's features - this includes bugs, etc. I'd also post my experiences in quests and just all-around adventuring. I could post information on the attributes of characters and much more. I will be messaging the two moderators/admins listed above, shortly.

Bira96

I would go for this in a heartbeat if I knew more about Skyrim and was a little more familar with the world of gaming myself. At this point, I think I would be better suited to sharing my personal experiences in Skyrim, and I am not sure if that's what you're really looking for.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Fan fic is a different section. You can just go to the Skyrim Fanfiction forum here and see what people have been posting. We also have a new subforum called 'Author's Roundtable' for author-chat.

As far as builds, people post those in Skyrim General Discussion.

HolyDragon750

ooo ok thanks tht helped alot :cool: but i cant find general disscusions

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
At the top of this page (or any page), you'll see the navigation bar. Just click 'forums'. That will give you the main forum list. General Discussion is right there at the top.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I would love to do this! I amnew to the forum, but definetly not to writing and TES. I've played them all, even the offshoots, like Shadowkey and Redguard. I have written many short stories, and a few have been published. First I would have to explain the Oghma Infinium glitch for sure, but otherwise would do just what you're describing.

Tom

Article Writer
i would be intrested. i would love to write guides on builds, guides on roleplaying, newcomers to skyrim (beginners guide), articles on the different factions and the history of them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts