• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ai Poisonleaf

Article Writer
Right now, between the Dark Botherhood and the Thieves Guild, I am staying busy with contracts and I am clearly up to no good! Of all the holds, I favor Riften, and have become very intimate with the city and the ratways. I have all tbe DLCs, and I am completely immersed in the overall game. I prefer to walk the map versus fast-traveling, so I am building a deep knowledge base of the landscape. Writing articles from the POV of the character while traversing from quest-to-quest and from location-to-location would appeal to me, as well as a narrative of significant combat would be something that I could easily do.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
I like this angle. At this stage in Skyrim's existence, I think more "in character" article approaches make the articles themselves more engrossing than a simple, say, "How To" guide.

What I would caution you to focus on is more of how the information helps others -- whether you're coming at it from a "How to Beat X on Legendary" angle, or "The Thieve's Guide to Skyrim", it has to provide something to the player. Otherwise you're writing fan fiction, and we have a section for that, already. (I would also encourage you to have fun writing and posting fan fiction about your characters.) To this end, the stories you provide for articles should be narratively interesting, but also provide the information players are looking for.

I like to think of it as similar to the History series Vikings; the narrative is fictional, but it illuminates information that is, to the best of our ability to accurately deduce, historically accurate and relevant. For instance (and spoilers here), the characters live at a time prior to the raids on English shores, because they had no way of accurately traversing the oceans to the West. Until someone came up with a water compass, and someone found the "sunstone" to let them track the sun even when it was overcast. Where Hollywood (and for our purposes, fan fiction) would tailor the facts to suit the story, Vikings (and our articles) tailor the story to illustrate the facts.

So, each article from the perspective of your character would not be part of a continuous narrative (in that the next article would likely not pick up right where the last left off), but you could use one character's perspective throughout the articles. We did have another writer do something similar (Check out articles with "Mehitabel" in the title), but they have since become busy with life, so their articles are no longer forthcoming.

So, let me go ahead and add you to our Writers pool (it comes with a nice little pencil icon for you). All potential articles should be posted here (a forum which should become visible once you're in the Writers category), where they'll be held in draft form until approved for publication to maintain quality standards. (I hope you understand.)

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
I would love to do something like this.

I have an idea.. I don't know if you'll like it.. but I would like to write a series for the forums called..

THE SKYRIMMER'S GUIDE TO REAL LIFE
targeted at the male demographic.. would need a female counterpart to do the female stuff :)

What exactly does this entail you ask? well ;)

-How to dress for an interview without looking like a frost troll
-How to cook the perfect breakfast to please your inner Gormet (the chef from that dark brotherhood mission that you had to play)
-How to polish your shoes better than the Emperor

And how excatly does this relate to Skyrim?

Oooo.. well I intend to add comedic references to Skyrim

If you want a sample of these fine works then contact me and I could make some for you ;)

BLUEMONGOOSE

I would be extremely interested. I mastered the game on the 360 and I now have it on the one and I would be more than willing to inform people on my playstyle and things that I have discovered. Hope to be accepted to tell everyone what I know.

BLUEMONGOOSE

I would be extremely interested. I mastered the game on the 360 and I now have it on the one and I would be more than willing to inform people on my playstyle and things that I have discovered. Hope to be accepted to tell everyone what I know.

Jòysy

We are looking for content in the form of articles about the Skyrim experience. They need to be well written (proofreading help is offered) and with a specific point of view and interest in mind. These are not just general forum posts, they will be showcased at this page (which will soon be the home-page of our forums).

If you are interested in joining a writing team, coming up with topic ideas and creating signature content for SkyrimForums, please post below on what kind of things you'll write and send a message to Rayven and Renegader by clicking here.
I would write things that I found throughout the game. Such as; Glitches, Chest locations, Short cuts, and things like that.

Natsu

I know this is a bit off topic from what you were mentioning but I don't know where to put this but I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the "strange amulet" because I didn't know I had to sell it and now I can't get rid of it. I don't need it. It's worthless and I can't use console commands because this is my PS3. There are quite a few things I have in my inventory that are "quest" items though I can't get rid of them due to glitches I guess. I would like to know if you can maybe make it so that I can get rid of the amulet somehow or learn its origins so I can get all the buffs that it should of had on it.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, as you noticed, this question is very off topic, as this is an area for members interested in writing articles and content for the forum voice their interest.

What you want to do is post your question in the Help section here. Anything about the game that has you scratching your head should go in the Help section.

Almost no one (aside from me and one other moderator) see when someone has posted in this thread. Part of posting in the correct section is making sure your post gets the traffic and attention it deserves. This tiny corner gets virtually no exposure.

Welcome to the forum, though. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time with us.

Sa'rafir

Sa'rafir
Hello. I would love to join.

I would post things such as roleplay ideas, quests, topic inspired articles (Ex. It is Christmas. I would post history of a Christmas like holiday from lore or fanlore), Builds, etcetera. I'm quite good at grammar and spelling, and usually read over the whole thing every few sentences.

Courtney

We are looking for content in the form of articles about the Skyrim experience. They need to be well written (proofreading help is offered) and with a specific point of view and interest in mind. These are not just general forum posts, they will be showcased at this page (which will soon be the home-page of our forums).

If you are interested in joining a

Hannes821

Working on Atmora is awesome!
whoever deleted my post about atmora...
Guys, I wasn't searching applicants for our team but suggesting content for your forums.
Thats exactly what this thread is about, or not?
We do not need any new writers anymore.

with kind regards

daus

hello i newbie....
just play high elf and complete some quest from blue palace.....

got cool staff wabbajak... lol

do u have any advice for high elf?

thank

Jeremy Buckley

I'm having trouble trying to get the carriage ride next to Solitude to work. I bought a horse at the stables right next to it and it died within minutes of riding off with it.

Lost

Olemay beginning to take form in Elder Scrolls V
Is the Skyrim magazine ready? I would love to read on the build I am working on, it would beautiful to play my Olemay in the cargo ship as an undead crew eternally plays the song sung and unsung.

Ukka

Well, I don't know if this thread is still alive, seems like it's been dormand for a while.
Iàm new to the forum but I'm not new to Skyrim and I love to write. so if the offer still stands I'd like to give it a try. I have experience with two different characters on console Xbox360 and Xbox One.

Tejas

Hey Guys! I have a Skyrim hack that I feel my fellow gamers would find helpful. It's a lockpicking trick that I recently discovered and it's foolproof. Here it is:

Hey Everyone! I discovered a neat trick today that wld ensure that u WILL get ur way with the lock. My method requires only around 10-15 lockpicks AT THE MAX and approx 5 lockpicks shld also do the trick, since beginners like me face a problem in getting 1000+ lockpicks like many other experienced players, my method is perfect for starter players (though it is a bit time consuming). All u gotta do is save ur game BEFORE ur about 2 pick a lock. Then carefully pick that lock like u normally do. A higher level lock like adept or expert wld have a really small margin for errors but still try ur best. I play on PC so this is my way, I start from the middle and TAP 'A'. Its important to TAP as this is the safest way to not break ur pick. Then when I see the pick shaking or struggling or whatever, I slowly inch my way towards the right and tap 'A' again. Keep trying this. Almost everytym with a higher lock ull break 3-4 picks just to ensure the 'Sweet Spot'. When u use up all of ur picks, simply remember the last location where u placed ur pick, and load ur saved game from BEFORE the picking. This way u will have remembered what all points u already checked which were false (or didnt work) and u can go right to the point where u last placed ur pick! Keep doin this until u open it successfully. Now MEMORIZE THE EXACT 'SWEET SPOT' and load ur game again. This tym since u already remember where ur spot is, u can directly place ur pick there and open the lock WITHOUT ANY LOSS of picks! This works bcz the game doesnt randomize the 'sweet spot' with every try and for a particular lock the spot will always be the same! Hope this helps!❤

Tejas

Well, I don't know if this thread is still alive, seems like it's been dormand for a while.
Iàm new to the forum but I'm not new to Skyrim and I love to write. so if the offer still stands I'd like to give it a try. I have experience with two different characters on console Xbox360 and Xbox One.

Hi!

Tejas

I think we're the only ones from 2020

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts