Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I was a big fan of AC until Assassin's Creed 3 came out. That literally killed all my motivation to even play it.
Ah well, at least I got space for Skyrim that way. :D

Revelations was... well, bad. AC3 was disappointing.

But Black Flag looks freaking awesome.

ACR disappointed me but held itself floating on the water thanks to the Altair sequences and the nice atmosphere. And the part where he chases that one fella awaz that tries to molest Sofia (that one who was with his sister at the beginning of AC2, forgot his name though).
AC already was laid in a coffin thanks to Ubisoft's endless greed to make money with it and then simply not caring anymore (the Facebook game was pretty nicely done, and shortly afterwards abandoned), AC3 only hit the nails in it. Loved Haytham but one character alone cannot rescue an entire game.

I don't know why I didn't like AC3. It just didn't feel as utterly awesome as I had hoped. But AC4 looks like it's going to be Pirates Online 2.0, and I'm happy about that.

Rimfaxe96

I don't know why I didn't like AC3. It just didn't feel as utterly awesome as I had hoped. But AC4 looks like it's going to be Pirates Online 2.0, and I'm happy about that.

Well, admittedly, the thing I wondered in the first weeks the game was out; what core gameplay was intended in AC3?
Because it wasn't stabbing people like an assassin is ought to do.
I liked how Connor genuinely felt something like pity for his targets (well, at least afterwards...) but it just doesn't deepen because afterwards he stabs another 20 soldiers and what not.

Reaper87

吉光
I've seen some gameplay videos, and I'm really excited about the ship-boarding and all that pirate booty... (YA - HAAAARR!)

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Well, admittedly, the thing I wondered in the first weeks the game was out; what core gameplay was intended in AC3?
Because it wasn't stabbing people like an assassin is ought to do.
I liked how Connor genuinely felt something like pity for his targets (well, at least afterwards...) but it just doesn't deepen because afterwards he stabs another 20 soldiers and what not.

Honestly, Connor was 70% of why AC3 wasn't perfect. I'm a huge Revolution/Napoleonic Wars time period nut, but Connor just killed it for me.

Rimfaxe96

Honestly, Connor was 70% of why AC3 wasn't perfect. I'm a huge Revolution/Napoleonic Wars time period nut, but Connor just killed it for me.

Well... yeah. He's stubborn, naive beyond measure, and asexual it seems. He had not a single trait of a good character imo.
Can't believe he was the best the Assassins had in that time. No wonder they're about to be exterminated by the Templars in the present.

Reaper87

吉光
Also, I didn't think that Connor was as likeable as Ezio. Ezio's story was the best. :)

Clau

The Fateless One
Wanted to go to the midnight release, but Roanoke is dangerous at night. So I'll buy tomorrow.

This is my game purchase in over a span of months and I hope the stealth mechanics are solid and enjoyable.

Ritterkreuz

I was only able to play it for a bit last night, but I enjoyed what I've played so far. Edward is a pretty good character, and the game is a little less restrictive in how you can play out the missions.

Devinoextra

I hope it isn't as half-baked as AC3 felt. There is only so many people you can stabmurder before it gets boring. I'm worried about it's release though. It hasn't been all that long since AC3 came out. Yearly installments are always a bad sign.

Actually this one feel quite half baked to me... at least the story.

Its pretty obvious that they first build a world, and then just baked up a story to fit into the world.

Good games are made the other way around.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I hope it isn't as half-baked as AC3 felt. There is only so many people you can stabmurder before it gets boring. I'm worried about it's release though. It hasn't been all that long since AC3 came out. Yearly installments are always a bad sign.

Actually this one feel quite half baked to me... at least the story.

Its pretty obvious that they first build a world, and then just baked up a story to fit into the world.

Good games are made the other way around.

Since we're asking questions, how's the historical aspect of it? I loved the other games partly because I'm a history buff.

Manmangler

22 GB of digital download, well I'm waiting ( 1hour to 40 min).

I have I, II, Brotherhood and III in PC. Revelations is missing.

I get this as download code with my new graphics Gard (Asus 780 DCII), like Batman and Splinter Cell.

Manmangler

I must says, Graphics are great. Like always controls little "laggy" but that why I'll plug Xbox controller.
I said one of those must play games, if you like previous versions of AC or like Pirates in movies.

What a fleeling when ship go up and down in waves of sea.

I added some screenshots (Sorry Finnish texts in game)
http://skyrimforum.com/useralbums/other-games.1312/view
Great work UBI, even I dont need those translations, someone may need.

Next I must test tactical light bulb shooting game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts