• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.

So, who else is amped for this? I admit, I was pretty disappointed with the way the game looked to be shaping up, going by this video from E3, but I'm of the opinion that we as gamers don't get nearly enough maritime/naval gameplay. Then, bam, they throw you on a combat ship in AC3. That definitely brought my interest level for this game back into focus.

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise as a whole. I'll definitely miss the breath-taking landscapes we were treated to in the previous games, particularly when we're trading those amazing, ambitious views for... swinging around limb-to-limb from trees in a dead, barren forest... killing British people when the American founding fathers were widely known to be Freemasons (a.k.a. Templars, a.k.a. the main antagonists of this entire series), but I digress.

Your thoughts?

AC3 FTW.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869

So, who else is amped for this? I admit, I was pretty disappointed with the way the game looked to be shaping up, going by this video from E3, but I'm of the opinion that we as gamers don't get nearly enough maritime/naval gameplay. Then, bam, they throw you on a combat ship in AC3. That definitely brought my interest level for this game back into focus.

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise as a whole. I'll definitely miss the breath-taking landscapes we were treated to in the previous games, particularly when we're trading those amazing, ambitious views for... swinging around limb-to-limb from trees in a dead, barren forest... killing British people when the American founding fathers were widely known to be Freemasons (a.k.a. Templars, a.k.a. the main antagonists of this entire series), but I digress.

Your thoughts?

AC3 FTW.

Strange seeing two fat guys at the start, but yeah, the rest of the video seems fine. The only problem I have is that I feel there will be too much action in AC3 and less stealthy gameplay that we saw in previous installments. A lot of franchises are beginning to take this step (Splinter Cell and Hitman, for instance) but I just hope that there are some similarities to the other titles with this.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
It's not necessarily just killing the British: there are going to be Templars on the side of the patriots as well. The gameplay demo does show the Templar being British, but the developers said that they're going to be on both sides.

I think I'm going to like this game, as it may provide a nice little spin on the series for us.

I'm super excited for AC3! It looks so fantastically done, and I can't wait to jump around on tree tops! I've always loved the multiplayer since ACB and I must say the multiplayer in this game looks even better than the two previous games. Stoked. :cool:

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.
Strange seeing two fat guys at the start, but yeah, the rest of the video seems fine. The only problem I have is that I feel there will be too much action in AC3 and less stealthy gameplay that we saw in previous installments. A lot of franchises are beginning to take this step (Splinter Cell and Hitman, for instance) but I just hope that there are some similarities to the other titles with this.
I went back and replayed that video twice looking for two fat guys on that ship before I realized you weren't referring to people in the game...

You're right, this game does seem to have introduced a lot of new action mechanisms, but I can't say that I've seen much in the way of stealthy gameplay or new stealth techniques. This is the unfortunate path that so many developers seem to be taking these days. I can't say I'm surprised, or that I didn't expect it, but I'm still disappointed. I suppose we'll have to wait and see. It could just be that it's up to the player how to play the game, like you were given the chance to do sometimes in the previous games; assassinate by stealth like a badass Indian/Irish ninja, or roll through like a one man army of Indian/Irish infantry.

It's not necessarily just killing the British: there are going to be Templars on the side of the patriots as well. The gameplay demo does show the Templar being British, but the developers said that they're going to be on both sides.

I think I'm going to like this game, as it may provide a nice little spin on the series for us.
I'm not all that excited about the setting in general. I'm a big history buff, so you would think I'd be all sorts of amped for the American revolutionary period, but... it's just not there for me. I've no doubt it could be cool, but I was expecting another city setting. The previous games handled the environments so well, it was breath taking to climb to the highest tower in Damascus and look around at everything. I'm really going to miss that. Trees and rocky cliffs aren't really my thing, and certainly not my idea of "grand", which is the only way I can really describe the scenes from the previous installments. This view of mine may be biased, though, as I was really, really, really hoping for another Arabian setting similar to the first Assassin's Creed, or even another Altair game. An Irish/Native American dude named Ratonhnhakéton, also known as Connor Kenway? Compare that to the cities of the ancient middle east and badasses like Altair or Ezio, it's just not doing it for me.

I'm super excited for AC3! It looks so fantastically done, and I can't wait to jump around on tree tops! I've always loved the multiplayer since ACB and I must say the multiplayer in this game looks even better than the two previous games. Stoked.
The multiplayer is going to be awesome, I would imagine. With all the new combat mechanics and everything that they've shown us so far, there's no way there can't be an improvement with the online gameplay. It would have to be, unless they just royally screw this game sideways.

StellaLuna

Sorry to revive, but I just don't feel like making a third AC III topic :p I am pretty hyped up for this game. At first... I wasn't cus I didn't "feel" the setting as much @-) (Someone mentioned French Revolution, that would be pretty awesome.) but I started warming up to it eventually. And this video just sold me completely.

Yeah, there's still gonna be cities. :D I hear a lot of people worry about it become too "action-y" (Understandable, I too grieved the shift of RE from survival-horror to action while happily blowing heads off and doing melee finishers ;P), well no worries. The stealth elements are by far one of my favorite things about the games, I doubt they'd trade that in for more action, else it wouldn't be much of an assassin game. But still, the new action looks sick. Of course, I'd mention the graphics. Looks nice :] And the new animations. How he peeks around the corners for his target or when he mimics the people he's blending in with. Love it. Though am I the only one slightly put off by Connor's jump? It seems less graceful than his predecessors, what with arms flailing about. But it's no biggie @-)

Ritterkreuz

I think AC III is the game that will finally rip me away from Skyrim for a while. The setting alone is enough to amp me up as I live in Upstate NY where parts of the game will take place. In fact, I think it's the first game to ever take place in areas I could actually drive to. On top of that as a history buff it'll be awesome to enter into a simulation of the Colonial Days in America and the Revolution. Honestly there isn't one thing about AC III I can't wait for.

Aquillus

I's Assassin's Creed 3. I'm going to love it no matter what. Heck, it could be shorter than Revelations was and it'd still be my favorite game of the year.

Ritterkreuz

I's Assassin's Creed 3. I'm going to love it no matter what. Heck, it could be shorter than Revelations was and it'd still be my favorite game of the year.

That could actually be a deal breaker for me. I love the AC series, but Revelations was way too short. I think Ubi got a little too obsessed with the Multi-player side of things on that one.

Aquillus

That could actually be a deal breaker for me. I love the AC series, but Revelations was way too short. I think Ubi got a little too obsessed with the Multi-player side of things on that one.

Yeah I've always hated the multiplayer. But this game has been in development since the release of AC2, so they've had more time for this one than they did with AC1. So it should be at least as long as AC2.

Ritterkreuz

Either way I've already pre-ordered it, so now we'll just have to wait and see.

StellaLuna

I thought Brotherhood was pretty long. Well, compared to AC1 and AC2. But that's mainly because they stuffed it with so many things, it stretched the gameplay out for OCD completionists like me @-) I don't mind, of course. It was fun and not at all repetitive like AC1 *Shudder*

Have yet to play Revelations so...

Clau

The Fateless One
How cool is this guy?

images

I hope we delve richly into his saga just like Ezio.

Ritterkreuz

I thought Brotherhood was pretty long. Well, compared to AC1 and AC2. But that's mainly because they stuffed it with so many things, it stretched the gameplay out for OCD completionists like me @-) I don't mind, of course. It was fun and not at all repetitive like AC1 *Shudder*

Have yet to play Revelations so...

1 did get pretty repetitive, but the concept was so awesome that it saved the game. Revelations is fun, but the single player mode is very short.

StellaLuna

Yes yes, don't get me wrong. I still love all the games. Just saying @-) And they fixed it in the next games anyway :-j The story was great, the concept was great, the philosophy was great.

Hm, wonder if remaking AC1 to match Bro/Rev would be good idea. I know I'd buy it.

Ritterkreuz

I don't think they'd do that. Heck, I got a free copy of 1 when I bought Revelations.

Exelex

I can't wait until this game is released! I know it's going to be an all-time great. From the UK gameplay, I can tell that this game is going to be the shiznit!

Exelex

I'm surprised more people on here aren't talking about the game, being that so many of us (Me!) love the Assassin's build in Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts