• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Anyone else not like the armored trolls? I took one with me to Hrodulf's House (Dragonborn Location) to retrieve the Exploding Shock Bolt Schematic (I had to go there as well for the Fire Bolt) and it was killed by a pack of Ash Spawn (3) just outside the house. I've tried using them more but they just get killed outright for me instead of just standing where they are when a animal follower loses their health. If it wasn't for that (and having to do that dance EVERY fight) I would use them more. What are your thoughts on Armored Trolls? I prefer the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere or a Riekling as followers (dogs on occasions) they have ranged attacks and Rieklings can carry items for you. Do you think Bethesda could have improved upon the Trolls (such as not being killed outright instead of taking a break while they regenerate health)? I like the idea but they seem weak compared to other animal followers.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
yh to be fair the ash spawn are probably the worst enemy a troll could come up against, they use fire spells and have a weapon enchanted with fire damage, ash spawn are also quite tough to kill especially in a group.
The best pet follower really depends upon your play style, and whether you roleplay or not, a dog is excellent for a hunter but perhaps not as useful for an assassin.
Personally I think the toughest is the Dwarven Sphere, it can fire a crossbow and melee attack and it has a lot of health, but the noise annoys me so I often use the spider or the riekling, rieklings ranged attack is very tough and they can carry items which is a big bonus.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Sorry for the late response, I know that Trolls are weak to fire; but the Troll died outright instead of stopping to recover health. Because of the Ash Spawn's attacks are fire based/enchanted, this stopped the Troll's regenerating ability; is that why after its health was depleted it died?

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
yh to be fair the ash spawn are probably the worst enemy a troll could come up against, they use fire spells and have a weapon enchanted with fire damage, ash spawn are also quite tough to kill especially in a group.
The best pet follower really depends upon your play style, and whether you roleplay or not, a dog is excellent for a hunter but perhaps not as useful for an assassin.
Personally I think the toughest is the Dwarven Sphere, it can fire a crossbow and melee attack and it has a lot of health, but the noise annoys me so I often use the spider or the riekling, rieklings ranged attack is very tough and they can carry items which is a big bonus.

Solstheim is a nightmare for anyone below level 15, as the base level of many of the common enemies (Ash Spawn, Burnt Spriggans, Netchs, Lurkers, Seekers, etc.) is at least level 20.

I was just trying out the Armored Troll because I heard many positive things about it from friends, I prefer the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere, but sometimes I use Meeko just because I feel bad for him. I don't use Rieklings because the one time I did, a Giant at Lakeview Manor killed my Reikling with just two club strikes (I know it wouldn't do so well in melee, but he died outright instead of regenerating health) I have no problems with item weight (Carrying Capacity is almost 600, and I use the Secret Servant power; the latter for my Smithing and Enchanting supplies).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts