• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Question says it all.

ive looked around the internet and have been convinced you cant. i have also tried and everytime the game starts it reverst back to 720.

my tv does support 1080 because i watch dvd's on it via my playstaion.

Basicly just wanna know if you are Definatly playing in full 1080 hd glory, because someone on here is claiming he is but dont know how he done it lol -_-

right ive done lots of reading now cause im abit annoyed there is no official definate answer!

ps3 does not support 1080P on hardly anygames they will just be upscalled of 1080i and state 1080p which on a big enough tv will look worse than 720P

well if you use HDMI 1080p theres a huge differnece if you use PS Upscaler

can you please explain to me the upscaler?

yes same here. i have read that something they do lets em stat 1080 but it doesnt actually support it? :/.

i just wish there was a definate answer somewhere but i cannot find one! :sadface:

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
1080p = progressive scan. It has 1,080-lines per screen shot and displays the positive and negative pixels together on the same screen screen shot.

1080i = interlaced scan. It can only display the positive pixels and the negative pixels separately. That means there are only 540-lines per screen shot.

Your PS3 supports the following resolutions under the "display settings"; 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Since 720p = 720-lines per screen shot, it is actually a higher resolution than 1080i. That is why the PS3 console reverts your 1080p resolution back to 720p. The PS3 version of Skyrim does NOT support 1080p (read the back of the protective cover), only 1080i.

Upscaled resolution is accomplished by the console software. Your PS3 system converts the interlaced format to the progressive format PROVIDED your are using an up-to-date HDMI cable that is category 2 certified. Since the game does not support 1080p, the best the upscale can do is 720p, which is still a higher resolution than 1080i.

So, fear not...you are surely getting the highest resolution capability from your PS3 game ;) Now, if you are viewing the game on a non hi res TV, then you will not get the full benefits of the 720p setting and it will still look like poo ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts