Are you getting MW3?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
Well it comes out tomorrow in Australia, so I was just wondering:

Are you going to purchase MW3?

I probably will sooner or later, maybe when the price goes down :3

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I don’t think so. It’s a fun game, sure, but I play multiplayer games like this one way too rarely these days to justify a purchase. At least at its current price. Maybe next year though.

Wolf

Well I got Battlefield 3 and that is a much better game than the previous CoD's.

I guess it's just a bunch of CoD Fanboy's who play it heaps >_<

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Both games have their advantages and disadvantages. Neither of them revolutionized their franchise with this newest installment. Battlefield is still Battlefield (although with better graphics) and COD is still COD. If one didn’t like their prequels one will probably not like them this time either.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried it on Xbox. It's like an exact copy of Modern Warfare 2! Same graphics, gameplay, everything. It's like Modern Warfare 2.5. :p

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well it comes out tomorrow in Australia, so I was just wondering:

Are you going to purchase MW3?

I probably will sooner or later, maybe when the price goes down :3

No way. I tried Blops when Steam had a play for free mp weekend. nuketown was a last nail on the coffin. Badly designed maps, rushing in mp, unbalanced weapons and strange kill streak bonuses. Battlefield 3 is only one which supports 64 player maps. However, it has it's own problems. Such as mortar & rpg spam. It's really annoiyng when over half of other team is engineers, rest are supports, and they do nothing but spam missiles to choke points.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
meh. I never really got into modern shooter games. It's too mainstream for me. Nah, I'm kidding. But I don't like how they are coming up with new ones every year with expansive map packs and everything. It's too overbearing for my wallet. Also, I prefer counter-strike over health regenerating commando-style 'modern' shooter games. Team Fortress 2 is a pretty good shooter too but I guess that's not really in the same category.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I wonder will modern shooter games become like NHL series. Annual publishment of game with a price tag of new game, while it's actually little bit modded and updated version of previous one.

imo, Team Fortress 2 is benchmark for rest of mp fps games out there. It's amazing how it still attracts people even though it's older than Metusalem.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I wonder will modern shooter games become like NHL series. Annual publishment of game with a price tag of new game, while it's actually little bit modded and updated version of previous one.

imo, Team Fortress 2 is benchmark for rest of mp fps games out there. It's amazing how it still attracts people even though it's older than Metusalem.
Free game, constant free update, fun game-play, and HATS, I'm not surprised it's very popular. Not to mention, the community is very very big. I'll stick with TF2 for more years to come, knowing that its a game that will always be around. MW3 and BF3 will be replaced by higher number of their series while TF2 will always be here, open for everyone :] Unless they announce TF3 but that will never happen. Valve can't count to 3

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Gabe has said in recent interviews that Valve will from Portal 2 onwards focus only on multiplayer games. So, we might see something similar to TF2, but probably not third installment. Why to kill a milking cow, when it's working smoothly in it's present condition?

For a FPS -game we have to probably wait until Dota 2 is launched, and after that they're most likely to reveal what they have been building up secretly.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
I've had BF3 since it's midnight release, and I actually unfriended any XBL friends who were playing MW3 the first 24 hours (well, not quite there yet) it was released... haha. (not RL friends; just random people I've met over the last 6 years, never really played any game with them anyway.)

I might redbox or gamefly MW(1.)3 eventually for the single player campaign, but doubt I'll play the multiplayer at all.

Flamingtaco

I've tried it on Xbox. It's like an exact copy of Modern Warfare 2! Same graphics, gameplay, everything. It's like Modern Warfare 2.5. :p
That's what I thought at first but the multiplayer actually has enough significant changes to make it better. Its not worth $60 but i might get some time from now when its like $20-$30 used at gamestop.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I'm definitely gunna' buy it. Well, infact I'm getting it for christmas along with my new gaming computer and other new games.

It's a fantastic game, watched my brother on it and played it a few times at my friends house. Very addictive, much like MW2 if you enjoyed that game. I'd recommend buying it.

Flamingtaco

I dont think its fair to compare bf3 and mw3 they are very diffferent games except for bf3s campaing which copies too much from COD.

Duffmage

Bought MW3, played first few levels then played online for a week til Skyrim was released. Haven't touched it since.

Wolf

I guess Skyrim just seems to shizzle on every other game.

dragonborn---

"They Call Me, Dragonborn"
I wouldn't even touch MW3..for 2 reasons.
One being I have no online, so its pointless.
And for two, BF3 kicks MW3 butt.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts