PC Archery and critical hit issues

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

emanresU_togroF

I am playing on the PC this time around. All my previous playing time has been on PS4.

I have recently noticed while playing on PC that sometimes when I'm trying to snipe with a bow & arrow my shots will hit 'obstructions'. For instance: I'll fire several shots from a distance. Some will hit doing damage but many will miss the target completely yet they all go down range. Then I'll fire one and the critical shot video will start to play for two or three frames then my arrow will fall at my feet like I've hit an obstruction directly in front of me. At first I thought the problem was me but now IF I bother with the bow I always make sure there are no obstructions near me and I still often times get the same results. I never had this problem with PS4 so I think it is a PC only issue.

Currently I am playing vanilla on PC with all DLC add-ons. There are no mods installed and I haven't changed any of the .ini files. There are no other issues with other types of critical hits such as my battleaxe or dagger.

I spent about 20 minutes searching google for similar issues but I found nothing. Is this even a problem others are experiencing?

Thanks everybody.

TheArgonianDrell

Yep. That's been a problem for me since getting the game for pc. Best bet is some sort of weird bug. There's probably a mod out there that can help, but I can't begin to think of what it could be. At least it's not just you?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts