• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

Has anyone downloaded 1.6 yet?

if so, how bugged is it?

And how is mounted combat so far?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I've been playing since the 360 release, no problems with it that come to mind. Although I had an issue with starting "new" games at the initial save point in Helgen (character creation) where Alduin would just endlessly circle while the Headsman just stands over you. I'm not sure if that problem fixed itself or not, I just went back to playing an old file.

Mounted Combat... I used it once when I took Frost from the Blackbriars, but I don't see the point, especially since I use a lot of magic. I killed a bear with a mace, no big deal. I don't care for the horses in general anyway.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I haven't had any problems with it yet. I have created a new character and didn't have any problems with Alduin's cutscene. One small glitch is that sometimes you don't get a crosshair when shooting bows from the back of a horse. other than that mounted combat is great.

I am pissed that they havent fixed the glitch when dual casting the effect stays in your right hand and also goes to the middle for a dual cast. :/

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Mounted combat is pretty fun, the horse still go way too slow for it too really be cool to use.

Although running up behind someone and chopping off their head, makes me feel like the Headless Horseman, and thats a feeling I only get when I bite the head off a gummy bear. So it's fluffing sweet.

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
1.6 seems to be stable on my 360. Horseback fighting is a yawner; seriously, no shouts or spells while riding? Where's the logic in limiting that? Well, I suppose it HAS been said that there ARE people who have trouble talking and walking at the same time <grumble>...

I did find it amusing that one of my dead horses killed in a dragon attack a long while ago came back to life, though I don't know if that can honestly be attributed to 1.6. ESS has too many technical glitches as it is for anyone to be sure. The game has frozen on me twice since the patch, but that was early on before my character went on a serious inventory purge and still way down from the freezing headaches before 1.6. All that stuff I've so far managed to sell did almost double my stash of gold, though: nearly 1.2 million and counting, with maybe another half a million or so still to sell. At this rate maybe mean old Mavin Black-Brier will end up working for me, instead of it being the other way around. Nice thing about fantasy games, one can always dream...

Dragon attacks are a lot less since the 1.6 patch, which is fine by me. Alduin is already dead with this Level 66 character (up two levels since the patch), and I've currently got 62 dragon souls banked with only one solitary word wall found since the patch was installed. But I do miss the dragons talking during what few attacks there are; perhaps coincidentally since 1.6 that "feature" has disappeared. I have had a couple of dragons launch sneak-up, cannonball drop-ins on me, though, without any prior warning...no red dot indicator, no screech, no nothing. A novel attack technique, I must say, and most startling while playing in a darkened room at night.

Things I WISHED Bethesda had fixed: my game has problems clearing miscellaneous quests off the board. Rjorn's Drum still is on my to-do list even though I finished that out months ago. And then there's the rest that ESS won't cross off, mark as failed or simply let me finish:

- I recently collected a fresh bounty from post-Imperial Jarl Brina Marilis (I chose the Imperial route) for whacking a purportedly mean ol' giant at Red Road Pass south of Dawnstar, but the quest is still shown on the active page. Hitmen don't like it when the paperwork is left unfinished; bad for the rep, ya know?

- I can't give the Helm of Winterhold to the deposed old ex-Jarl Korir, now in exile in Windhelm, because apparently he's too busing sulking and calling me a milk drinker to want to talk to my character about it. Besides, what's an out-of-work Jarl need with a symbol of power when he now HAS NO power?

- Moth has apparently found a healthier, cleaner religion (Praise Talos! Amen! Or whatever...) and no longer wants a Daedra's Heart, but the quest nevertheless remains on the list.

- I can't even REMEMBER whoTF Leifnerr is and how this NPC croaked; apparently I'm/my character is also not worthy because ESS doesn't want to tell me where his/her family lives so I can tell them about their now dead child/sibling/nephew/grandchild whatever.

- Lisbet and her cannibal dining buddies are dead (thanks to me going all postal on them), so her Dibella statue I found later on remains stuck in my carry inventory as non-deliverable and the quest unfulfilled and remains on the to-do list.

- Someone named Dravynea was supposed to get some Frost Salts from me, but apparently this person must have died in the meantime because the game won't identify where she is (from one of the Skyrim Wikis she's supposed to be in Kynesgrove), and I can't find any sign of her. So like the others, this quest remains on the to-do list.

- I missed collecting a bounty from ex-Jarl Skald of Dawnstar before choosing and completing the Imperial quest line, so that one also is stuck on the to-do list, and

- I can't "find" a copy of The Waters of Oblivion to deliver to whoever I was supposed to give it to. Not exactly true...I already found it while I was meandering around Skyrim long before I got the actual quest to retrieve the book, but ESS won't allow me to give it to whoever I was supposed to give it to. Instead the software claims that the 'book' still exists at Falder's Tooth, but aside from an empty marker hovering over an empty chest, no additional copy of the book exists for me to re-pickup.

There are probably a host of other things I could gripe about, but at least dead blood dragon corpses aren't falling out of the sky anymore, though my post-1.6 revisit to Throat of the World may have actually fixed that, and not 1.6 itself. Oh well...there's always hope for 1.7...

Now I'm off to chase down the headless horseman...if only the fellow would stay still, and not always show up right when I've left Frost in the car park...um, I mean stables...

ShadowGambit

I heard that there is a bound armor spell in 1.6, is that right?

Or is it just a mod?

ShadowGambit

Nevermind, scratch the question. It is for the 1.6 version of the mod.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts