Anyone know how to get a lot of gold?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Use the Transmute Spell from Halted Stream Camp, Alteration for spell, gold ingots for smithing, enchant them, then sell them.....Alteration/Smithing/Enchanting/Speech

Andre2807

I have a different way:

1. Explore and loot everything, every enemy, every desk, every drawer. EVERYTHING. You can avoid junk like pottery etc, but I loot even that too.
2. Once over encumbered, drop the most worthless items/eat the food/drink the wine, until you can run again.
3. Run back to Main City
4. Sell everything, except for ingredients (alchemy), ignots/dragon (smithing) and soul gems (enchanting).
5. Head back to the area you came from and continue exploring.
6. Once you have 5k gold, buy Breezehome. Store all your materials.
7. Continue looping 1 - 5 throughout the game.

If there's a Nordic Ruin/Dwarven Ruin nearby and you are almost over encumbered, go back to the city first, sell your stuff and head back.

This isn't actually a way to make money... it's actually the way I play Skyrim.

I am fairly new to the game, but have found that thievery is a pretty productive means of making good coin early in the game. Joining the thieves guild in Riften makes this pretty profitable. They give you thieves guild armor that raises your thieving and speech skills so that is a help. If you talk to Vex and take any of the jobs she offers, be it burglarizing a home or business she will pay you 400 to do so. Before you go on her job save the game and then talk to Delvin who will also offer jobs. Ask for a Bedlam job and make sure its in the same city as the job Vex gave you. Reload the save if its not. The bedlam job is to steal anything until its adds up to 500 septims. He will also pay you 400 septims for doing the job, but the good part is you get to keep the stuff you stole for the bedlam job as well. You can take that stuff and sell it to Tonilla who is the fence for the thieves guild in Riften. by combining the jobs from Vex and Delvin you can make money faster because there are special items to steal for Vex and then you just clean out the rest of the place to complete Delvin's job too. You should be able make 1500 septims per trip. I also combine those jobs up with pickpocketing everything that walks or crawls and really make the trips lucrative.

I built up my pickpocket skill very quickly (the first skill to 100). I joined the companions and would go to Eolund at Skyforge for smithy training. I trained once and then would pickpocket the coin right back off of him and would repeat this for each of the five trainings per level. Due to the amount I was taking from him my pickpocket skill was going up as fast as my smithy skill was in the training and by the time the five trainings were done I usually leveled up and then just repeated. I suppose it would work on any person/skill you chose to train on, but Eolund just seemed particularly easy to pickpocket.

I usually burglarize the homes during the day and the businesses at night. Tonilla usually has 30 lockpicks for sale every time you go back so it doesn't matter how bad your lockpick skill is just keep a lot of them in inventory as they are pretty cheap to buy from her. You could also just find the person who owns the home or business during the day and pickpocket their keys. I think I have keys to every home and business in Riften and Whiterun now and am working on the rest ;-)

Anyway that's my two cents.

Konvoy

I am fairly new to the game, but have found that thievery is a pretty productive means of making good coin early in the game. Joining the thieves guild in Riften makes this pretty profitable. They give you thieves guild armor that raises your thieving and speech skills so that is a help. If you talk to Vex and take any of the jobs she offers, be it burglarizing a home or business she will pay you 400 to do so. Before you go on her job save the game and then talk to Delvin who will also offer jobs. Ask for a Bedlam job and make sure its in the same city as the job Vex gave you. Reload the save if its not. The bedlam job is to steal anything until its adds up to 500 septims. He will also pay you 400 septims for doing the job, but the good part is you get to keep the stuff you stole for the bedlam job as well. You can take that stuff and sell it to Tonilla who is the fence for the thieves guild in Riften. by combining the jobs from Vex and Delvin you can make money faster because there are special items to steal for Vex and then you just clean out the rest of the place to complete Delvin's job too. You should be able make 1500 septims per trip. I also combine those jobs up with pickpocketing everything that walks or crawls and really make the trips lucrative.

I built up my pickpocket skill very quickly (the first skill to 100). I joined the companions and would go to Eolund at Skyforge for smithy training. I trained once and then would pickpocket the coin right back off of him and would repeat this for each of the five trainings per level. Due to the amount I was taking from him my pickpocket skill was going up as fast as my smithy skill was in the training and by the time the five trainings were done I usually leveled up and then just repeated. I suppose it would work on any person/skill you chose to train on, but Eolund just seemed particularly easy to pickpocket.

I usually burglarize the homes during the day and the businesses at night. Tonilla usually has 30 lockpicks for sale every time you go back so it doesn't matter how bad your lockpick skill is just keep a lot of them in inventory as they are pretty cheap to buy from her. You could also just find the person who owns the home or business during the day and pickpocket their keys. I think I have keys to every home and business in Riften and Whiterun now and am working on the rest ;-)

Anyway that's my two cents.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I would emphasize that I made a majority of my gold from stealing/fencing and robbing stores at night for about 200g and an Ingot of some sort. It is the easiest way to make gold, and you get the Thieves Guild armor as was said, which is amazing. I'll have to try and pickpocket more because I usually just don't care for it much, did you invest into the last perks of pickpocket? Definitely going to do the smithing training and pickpocket my gold back.

Konvoy - Yes I did invest perks into the pickpocket skill. It is the only thieving skill I did invest perks into unless archery is a thieving skill too, I can't remember right now. If you get the highest pickpocket perks you can take and NPC actively armed inventory which really opens the value up and has some other side benefits as well. If you are going to attack an enemy you can sneak up to them and pickpocket their weapons and armor off them before attacking them. Its pretty funny pickpocketing someone's clothes right of their back and then watching them walk around naked like nothing happened LoL. I have not put a single perk into lock picking, sneaking, nor speech. I have no trouble with locks. As I said I carry between 200 to 250 picks on me at all times so if I break 10 opening a master lock its no big deal. With all the magic items I've stolen that enhance my thieving skills I usually don't break many picks anyway. I find humor in the irony of pickpocketing a ring of pickpocketing off of someone's finger LoL. I have the Guildmaster's armor now and the Nightengale armor as well. I use a combination of those two armors I use the Nightengale boots and gloves with the Guildmaster hood and body armor. I've enhanced the armor with all that free training I got from Eolund ;-) At this point I pretty much pickpocket with impunity. I can go right up to marks in the daylight with people all around and clean them out with the max 90% success.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
If you're into stealing head to markath and rob the treasury house theres a big safe behind a gate, also check endons house next to ogmund its full of silver ingots and lot's of very expensive jewellery

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
If you're into stealing head to markath and rob the treasury house theres a big safe behind a gate, also check endons house next to ogmund its full of silver ingots and lot's of very expensive jewellery

Alchemy is easiest as you can carry tens of thousands of septims worth around the cities selling them. Put perk points in Speech and Alchemy (not Purity, reduces the value). Catch salmon roe and collect giants toes (always increases value). Waterbreathing is the best potion followed by Invisibility, Fear, Paralyze and the Damage Regen potions.

It takes just over 24 hours to travel from Riften to Markath, merchants restock after 48 hours so just do a continual loop between the two.

Get the Prowlers Profit from the Thieves Guild questline, increases your coin and gem collection.

Reaper87

吉光
The easiet way to get gold early on is to find the hidden chests in the cities the one just under the bridge as you walk up to the college in Winterhold has 10k gold in it.
Also, there is one in Whiterun, underneath Skyforge, one in Dawnstar, outside Iron-Breaker mine, and one in Solitude, by the main entrance.

jonathan90

well known member
become a theif ,and do thieves guild side quests like burglary and heist.

That's how I earn the jackpot mate.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
become a theif ,and do thieves guild side quests like burglary and heist.

That's how I earn the jackpot mate.
You must have done A LOT of their jobs. They pay crap (at least in my estimation). I could make more in 1 day chopping wood.

Daelon DuLac

You must have done A LOT of their jobs. They pay crap (at least in my estimation). I could make more in 1 day chopping wood.
Of course, it would have to be an awful lot of wood. Funny, but I have 300K now and have yet to steal anything from anybody (well, that's not quite true, there was that book from Windhelm).

jonathan90

well known member

The pay gets better and better over time, since you have stolen a lot of gold.

If you are doing there quests, just keep in mind....steal as much gold as you can and barter that pl***.

that's if you have the stolen goods perk.

steal and sell......simple become a thief. there is so much more gold in it.

jonathan90

well known member
Of course, it would have to be an awful lot of wood. Funny, but I have 300K now and have yet to steal anything from anybody (well, that's not quite true, there was that book from Windhelm).

the wood that you get, you can sell, but it's a crap trade price.

but becoming a thief, there is so much more gold.

Because everything you buy/trade and sell. you get $$$$$$$$$loads of gold from it.
But wood just ain't worth garbage.

So , steal and sell. barter and get cheap prices.

Steal gold and you earn so much better , and then you get paid more as you complete side quests in the thieves guild.

I hope that helps.:)

Daelon DuLac

The pay gets better and better over time, since you have stolen a lot of gold.

If you are doing there quests, just keep in mind....steal as much gold as you can and barter that pl***.

that's if you have the stolen goods perk.

steal and sell......simple become a thief. there is so much more gold in it.

Depends on how you're playing, of course, but I absolutely agree with jonathan90 on this. The fences are fabulous, even if you're not selling stolen goods. They always have great product and take anything. He's right, get the perks (their in the Speech tree - if you can), you can also turn anybody into a fence basically and increase the amount of gold they have.

I make fun of the Thieves Guild Quests since I'm not playing a thief, but you really can make some beaucoup samolians if you're willing to put in the work!

Oh! And sell everything you find - keep upgrading as you go along, but don't bother hoarding anything until you're financially secure. Just my thoughts.

jonathan90

well known member
I can earn so much gold alone without any bartering perks.

and since I have my thief perks like lockpicking investing in 4 perks, I earn $$$$$$ heaps of gold alone just by only selling dragon bone and ruby or gems.

But you get side quests and misc objectives alone which will earn you about 1,000 gold.

There are so many ways of earning heaps of gold in skyrim, you just need to invest your stuff and trade perks will earn you heaps.

But having way to much gold may spoil the game. It's always great to have a lot of gold.

Daelon DuLac

I can earn so much gold alone without any bartering perks.

and since I have my thief perks like lockpicking investing in 4 perks, I earn $$$$$$ heaps of gold alone just by only selling dragon bone and ruby or gems.

But you get side quests and misc objectives alone which will earn you about 1,000 gold.

There are so many ways of earning heaps of gold in skyrim, you just need to invest your stuff and trade perks will earn you heaps.

But having way to much gold may spoil the game. It's always great to have a lot of gold.
Oh Yeah! Dem Dragon bones are worth a heap (I save mine 'cause I'm using them to make armor and weapons, but, as a thief you probably wouldn't have any need). Once you get the sell anything to anyone perk though you can make more since anybody will buy anything and their not so specific with what they take. Only the general merchants will take the bones until you do. Totally agree on the side quests. DB stuff pays pretty well too - 1500 a pop, but the Jarls quests will only give you 100 to 200 tops.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts