Anyone know how to get a lot of gold?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dragon

Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon
I accidentally overwrited my gamesaves and now i have to restart but does anyone know how to get heaps of gold? :p

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
To be honest, I always had that trouble to.
now I'm lvl 51 and got 100'000 septims. don't ask how because I don't know.
It's seems I attract money. why not in real life:'(

You could be a Breton, they always find more gold!

Dragon

To be honest, I always had that trouble to.
now I'm lvl 51 and got 100'000 septims. don't ask how because I don't know.
It's seems I attract money. why not in real life:'(

You could be a Breton, they always find more gold!
the save that i overwrited was level 52 and had 200,000+ gold and now im a level 3 khajiit with no gold :Dragonborn:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
the save that i overwrited was level 52 and had 200,000+ gold and now im a level 3 khajiit with no gold :Dragonborn:

It's a shame you can't trade things online. I could've started a bank.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Imperials have this racial power called 'imperial luck'. You'll find more coins in chests and barrels than other races, but it won't make much of a difference.

I always take valuable items with me I find on my travels. When leveling up I improve my speechcraft (so I can sell items for a higher price and buy items for a lower price) and my stamina.
Most of the time I only take one specific item with me, like a whole bunch of steel greatswords or elven armor. It doesn't make a difference but it makes me feel like a pro :D 'Lucan I have 10 ebony swords for you'. Just sounds like a professional trader :D

Selling items makes a huge difference, but I guess you already know that..

CHUBBY_RYNO

besides selling everything you come across, you could (if you have Dragonborn) complete the DLC's main storyline, respec or spec yourself out so you have the investor perk in speech. go to the Riverwood trader, invest in his store, which will then give him 11,500 gold every restock. this gives you a great place to sell items and make plenty of gold.

Edit: the gold supply will also remain at 11,500 if you respec and remove all points from speech.

Dragon

besides selling everything you come across, you could (if you have Dragonborn) complete the DLC's main storyline, respec or spec yourself out so you have the investor perk in speech. go to the Riverwood trader, invest in his store, which will then give him 11,500 gold every restock. this gives you a great place to sell items and make plenty of gold.

Edit: the gold supply will also remain at 11,500 if you respec and remove all points from speech.
i could just do the speech boost thing easy and then fill the whole tree but how would he have 11,500 gold evey restock :eek:?

Dragon

oh and by the way i dont have dragonborn :sadface:

CHUBBY_RYNO

i could just do the speech boost thing easy and then fill the whole tree but how would he have 11,500 gold evey restock :eek:?

Unlike most of the vendors around Skyrim, who only increase there gold supply by about 750-1500 with a investment. the Riverwood trader is special in the fact that his base gold will now become 11,500(12,500 with the Master Trader perk). this base gold is what restocks every 48 hours in game, so when the shop gets new stock, his gold will reset to 11,500.

Dragon

Unlike most of the vendors around Skyrim, who only increase there gold supply by about 750-1500 with a investment. the Riverwood trader is special in the fact that his base gold will now become 11,500(12,500 with the Master Trader perk). this base gold is what restocks every 48 hours in game, so when the shop gets new stock, his gold will reset to 11,500.
really? wow but how the heck am i supposed to get heaps of valuable items :eek:

CHUBBY_RYNO

really? wow but how the heck am i supposed to get heaps of gold ?:eek:

Depending on how you build your character, whether you invest in Alchemy, Smithing or Enchanting, (or none at all) you increase the amount of gold you can produce. and none of these skills are required, they only increase the speed at which you gain gold. For example I have a character who has maxed out his Enchanting and Smithing and I can sell Ebony maces for 4,500 gold. but at the same time i have a character with none of the skills mentioned above in use, and his only source of income is what he finds. Both characters make gold, but one makes more then the other.

Dragon

Depending on how you build your character, whether you invest in Alchemy, Smithing or Enchanting, (or none at all) you increase the amount of gold you can produce. and none of these skills are required, they only increase the speed at which you gain gold. For example I have a character who has maxed out his Enchanting and Smithing and I can sell Ebony maces for 4,500 gold. but at the same time i have a character with none of the skills mentioned above in use, and his only source of income is what he finds. Both characters make gold, but one makes more then the other.
im only gonna get smithing to 100 i dont really know how to use alchemy and enchanting and i cant find anything to disenchant obviously because i just restarted the game and i havent played for a while

CHUBBY_RYNO

Ah
im only gonna get smithing to 100 i dont really know how to use alchemy and enchanting and i cant find anything to disenchant obviously because i just restarted the game and i havent played for a while

Ah okay, then I suggest after you have played awhile on your character. To head over to the Orc stronghold Narzulbur, inside there is a Ebony ore mine. this mine usually allows for 46 ores per trip. Which will give you a total of 23 free ebony ignots. great for smithing some nice gear to sell or equip. Hope this helps you make some cash ;)

Edit: This stronghold is located between Riften and Windhelm, In the Eastern mountains

sticky runes

Just avoid spending money as much as possible when you start a new character, even on really cheap items like berries and iron ore.

Don't buy potions, only use potions you've found or mixed yourself in alchemy labs. and don't pay for ingredients, only use stuff that you've harvested for free. There's plenty of stuff growing out in the wild or in the streets.

If you've accumulated loads of useless potions and poisons, you can still sell them.

When smithing, Only use ore that you've dug up or found.

During early game play, every penny helps!

Of course, you could always take up stealing gold and items. Just make sure you do it in sneak mode.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Stealing is only illegal if you're caught!

Edit: But steal ingredients, ores, ingot and hides. stuff you can use to craft things.

because there's no fence early on, except if you head to riften directly to join the thieves guild ofc.

Dragon

Stealing is only illegal if you're caught!

Edit: But steal ingredients, ores, ingot and hides. stuff you can use to craft things.

because there's no fence early on, except if you head to riften directly to join the thieves guild ofc.
hmmmm i think theres a speech perk so you can sell anything to any vendor so i think ill just do that

sticky runes

Don't rely too much on speech perks, because by the time you've achieved them, you'll probably have done quite a few quests and earned quite a bit of cash any way. Unlocking skills should be long term goals. Accumulating gold is something you can do right now.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
The easiet way to get gold early on is to find the hidden chests in the cities the one just under the bridge as you walk up to the college in Winterhold has 10k gold in it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts