• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dark Assassin

Obsessed with the aldmeri dominion
Is anyone else scared to go into skyrim's waters at night? I sure am. Don't know if its because its deep and I cant see. I know there are no sharks or anything in the water. But yet in northern skyrim's waters I fear to dive in. Are any of you like this?

Thepointman

nah, but only cause the game wastes an opportunity to make the waters scary. No sea monsters or anything etc etc. I recall reading a vampire lorebook in the elder scrolls games that talked about vampires that would live under the ice and pull people under, thought for sure something like that would be implemented in skyrim. The rare times I play argonians though, I do like to hop in deep water when being chased by guards and such, puts their worthless racial ability to some use at least.

As a side note, I am freaked out at deep water in actuality. If I can't see the bottom, then I don't go near it. Think though it's less fear and more disgust, fish creep me out with their unblinking eyes.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Not really, no. There's nothing to fear.

Though there's also very little cause to enter the water at all. Especially in that area. You can get almost anywhere you need to go by staying on the ice flows. Which is just as well. Even that nord-blooded frost resistance wouldn't save you from hypothermia after a dip in the sea of ghosts.

It would have been great if they added a variety of sea life. Sharks and other scary creatures. Slaughter fish, in spite of their name, are more of a nuisance than a legitimate threat.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I certainly agree with Dark Assassin. I dunno what it is, but I guess it's the unknown murky abyss that unsettles me. I've read too much of Lovecraft's work :p

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
It'd be great if they put something other than slaughterfish in the water,then,maybe I'd be more timid.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Recently I've been playing with the music turned off, and walking around anywhere at night is kind of scary. I'm generally fine with the water, but forests and mountains are another story.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I always fire candlelight before diving in. Yeah, the dark water is scary!

sticky runes

There's something in the water, I do not feel safe
It always feels like torture to be this close
I wish that I was stronger, I'd separate the waves
Not just let the water take me away

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Not really, slaughterfish are just a nuisance, nothing else to really be afraid of in the water. The marshes near Morthal are a different story though, damn Chaurus.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts