Anybody seen the new Hercules film yet?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

The one with Dwayne Johnson. I watched it yesterday. Not as good as I thought it was gonna be. Sadly its one of those films where all the best bits are shown in the trailer.

Clau

The Fateless One
I saw it yesterday, I was disappointed but kind of expecting that scenario but left a small optimism that somehow, the film will exceed my expectation. Two Hercules films this year that disappointed.

sticky runes

Hooray, a reply!

I haven't seen the other Herc movie with Kellen Lutz, it just looked like a Spartacus knockoff.

This one at least looked like a Hercules movie, because he wears the lion skin and carries the club and it showed him performing his labors in the trailer, but the movie basically says he doesn't achieve any of the things in his myths without the help of his friends, so I felt a bit cheated. and I thought the ending was a complete shambles.

Clau

The Fateless One
Hooray, a reply!

I haven't seen the other Herc movie with Kellen Lutz, it just looked like a Spartacus knockoff.

This one at least looked like a Hercules movie, because he wears the lion skin and carries the club and it showed him performing his labors in the trailer, but the movie basically says he doesn't achieve any of the things in his myths without the help of his friends, so I felt a bit cheated. and I thought the ending was a complete shambles.

I appreciated the Rock's costume (Namean lion) and several inclusion of the sourced myths into the film. But I agree, the ending tried its best to tie loose ends but somehow feels wanting.

BTW, my favorite Hercules depiction dates wayback to 1963 in this classic film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_and_the_Argonauts_(1963_film)

sticky runes

You can't top those movies with the Harryhausen effects.

Actually, this new Hercules movie might have worked better as an Argonauts movie. They had a group of heroes, and Herc was just the strong one. He didn't really stand out to me. If they included Jason as a character and had him played by some other big star and put him in the lead, then that probably would have saved it for me.

Also, that part with the "who are you?" speech sounded really col in the trailer, but in the actual film when it happens in the dungeon with all the other characters screaming and swearing at each other, it was just a mess.

Stalker

I didn't care for it. Had potential, but when you take away the mythology for realism you need to make it damn good. Don't think it delivered.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts