Any tips on how to keep playing as one character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I was having a similar issue. Although my issue is not with race, it is with style of play.

One of our fellow forumers suggested that I randomize my actions and not get in to any quests until I hit level 20 or so. It has worked wonders.

I start a new character and then just head off in any direction and keep going and just take the encounters, dungeons, barrows, caves and NPCs as they come.

It's done wonders for me. Now I'm getting in to RP and it has added a depth that I hadn't anticipated. Sometimes my characters even surprise me.

I try not to overthink anymore and just be reactive to situations for the first 20 levels or so and it helps to establish what the character is really like.

so what did you do until level 20?
Basically I wander about doing what I run in to.

On my last character, I actually did the Golden Claw and Bleak Falls Barrow (dragonstone) quests so that I could buy Breezehome and then cleared out all the bandit sites in the neighborhood (Halted Stream, Redoran's Retreat, Fort Greymore(sic), White River Watch, Valtheim towers, etc...) and then just kept wandering about the neighborhood checking out each path.

On another character I headed towards falkreath and hit all the sites around there (Pinewatch, Broken Tusk, there are a few others and some tombs as well).

On yet another I headed west and just did what came up, eventually winding up at Markarth at around level 20. You know, I just did what came up.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
I made my own faction named "Trinity" using the three houses from hearthfire as bases of operating. Then I gave my faction a goal and recruited followers I thought would suit that goal. Housecarls getting stewards etc just to get them there. The goal is to collect all skyrims dragon priest masks and Daedric artifacts etc in order to ascend to god like status like Talos.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Work on getting to level 100 on any skill, then go legendary with it, which resets it back to 15. Then you can apply those perk points to another skill. So if you start out an archer, you can switch to two handed, and at the same time, you can rebuild your archery skill. This helps you get to higher levels, since if you use a skill once it reaches 100, it does you no good, you can't level up anymore if you use that skill.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Work on getting to level 100 on any skill, then go legendary with it, which resets it back to 15. Then you can apply those perk points to another skill. So if you start out an archer, you can switch to two handed, and at the same time, you can rebuild your archery skill. This helps you get to higher levels, since if you use a skill once it reaches 100, it does you no good, you can't level up anymore if you use that skill.
Excellent suggestion. That's what I do with my two handed, one handed, heavy & light armors. Gives me variety. :)

TJ0331

Nords forever
Try getting all of your main skills to legendary then getting them all back to 100 again. Also if your character can handle it play on master or legendary its so fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts