• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

I visited her house at Darkwater Crossing today, and she and her husband just started attacking me. This was the first time I visited the place in my current game. I've never been attacked by villagers out of the blue before, its only happened if they caught me trying to pickpocket them. I managed to pacify her husband with a calm spell, but she was too powerful. I even tried a harmony scroll, and she resisted that as well. Belrund was my follower at the time, and he killed her, and because it had been a while since I last saved, I just left her for dead. Her family don't seem too bothered, though, and the guards haven't charged me with any crimes. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Clau

The Fateless One
Never happened to me, even if I had a bounty over my head when I visit Darkwater Crossing.

On to the matter, how can you ever look Sylgja in the face, after this incident? :p

sylgia-251x300.png
Though I had killed Annekke Crag-Jumper in accident when we set off to rescue Derkeethus. Happen to swing a Daedric axe by mistake as the place was crawling with Falmer and we were engaged in a battle royale.​

sticky runes

Though I had killed Annekke Crag-Jumper in accident when we set off to rescue Derkeethus. Happen to swing a Daedric axe by mistake as the place was crawling with Falmer and we were engaged in a battle royale.​

So you can actually recruit her for that mission? Maybe thats why she attacked me - because I already had a follower with me. I did actually go to Darkwater with the intention of finding Derkeethus, thinking he'd make a suitable husband for my new Argonian sorceress character.
Turns out Derkeethus is a crap husband, though.

My character hasn't been to Shor's stone yet, so we'll see if Sylgja tries to avenge her!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Like stores, NPC homes are only open to players during certain hours. After that the doors are locked but if you happened to enter the home close to its closing time and you overstay the occupants will eventually become hostile to you. You usually get warning dialogues first but sometimes they start right into you. Since she attacked you first her death may not have been considered murder, and the only crime you would be trespassing which is a minor crime that the guards might not even act upon unless you speak with them.

sticky runes

I thought it might be something like that, because I have entered people's houses (without picking the lock) late at night, and they've said "you shouldn't be here" and called for the guards if I stood around any longer, but I've never had an NPC pull out a weapon and attack the moment I enter. I even spoke to the guards after leaving the house, and they didn't even mention it. Perhaps my game just got a bit confused.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts