• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Oh boy, I don't think it'd work out very well

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    hmmm read over your card as well. This will be interesting since Mr. Smiley obviously seems to favor closer encounters than your guy :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I'll post for Arcanus after Marek does so then.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Mmm for sure, I'd imagine they will have some rather tense moments around each other. Aden will definitely be keeping a hand ready for his famous quick draw :D

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Aye, I even think one of the images for a character is from Destiny's released concept art. but meh like in Super Smash Bros Brawl Wolf said it best. "We're gonna have fun with this thing."

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Sorry that took so long. The commute was a lot worse than expected, and then I ended up writing a bio that would be much better as an opening post for the character :p

Name: Griffith Visellyn
    Home World: Theren
    Race: Breton
    Class: Engineer/Mechanic

Skin: Pale
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Dark, short and tousled
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150
    Physique: Slim and toned. Svelte, if you will.

Combat: Griffith generally doesn't fight, and as such he carries no weapons with him regularly. When he's forced into a combat situation, he improvises some form of defense from his surroundings if possible. If not, he gets on his knees and prays.

Clothing: Tattered blue coveralls. They can't stop a laser, but they can prevent many stains, if only because those stains are subsequently covered by grease stains.

Personality: Griffith is soft-spoken and generally subservient. Devoutly religious, he prefers to let others make big decisions and tries to avoid conflict. Once directed, he tends to perform tasks with peak efficiency. Only when working with ships and mechanics does he actively take control. In his spare time he likes to design and tinker with mechanical contraptions.

Dislikes: Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial Legion, Weightlessness, Military Tradition

Fears: Girls, Space

Bio: Born on Theren to a wealthy family, Griffith was raised in the expectation that he'd join the Imperial Legion as an officer like his mother and grandfather before him. In fact, according to family legend, the Visellyn's had served the Legion for almost one-thousand years. However, while his older sister excelled at physical tasks and magic from all six schools, Griffith showed little interest in the rigorous training demanded by his parents. Rather than spar or conjure, Griffith spent his time studying math and tinkering with mechanical oddities. By the time she turned eighteen, his sister was primed for a position on an Imperial warship. When Griffith turned eighteen, no ship would accept him as an officer. Dismayed and furious, Griffith's parents enlisted him in the infantry with the expectation that he'd rise to command. After two years of training, Griffith was the lowest ranked soldier of his unit. So low, in fact, that a new rank was invented just for him. As they prepared for war against the Dominion, Griffith made a choice. Rather than face the Dominion, he fled, fled as far from the Legion and his family's obligations as he could.

EDIT: Not this bio. There was another bio that was a third person narrative, which I saved and replaced with this general bio.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I liked it, Ponder, post your intro when you're ready! This is good, because I also have a scene in which I'll need engineers too!:D

Ponder

Woohoo! I'm already useful :D

Quick question though. I know this might be a little pedantic, but since the planets are orbiting a sun are there times when a Dominion planet is caught between to Imperial planets or vice-versa? Or are the planets also controlled by proximity, with one side controlling the interior of the system and the other controlling the exterior?

Because if they aren't, it would make for both a unique and hilarious form of interplanetary seasonal warfare.

Ponder

And Smooth, I was actually thinking about that, but Robbin's strength really lies in economics and I don't know nearly enough about this version of Skyrim's economy to make him useful. Also, Robbin's a conman and I think we already have enough criminals :p

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Both planets are kind of split across the system, so their orbits take them far away from one another that they aren't in constant war, and as of the past hundred years or so, there's a truce going on.

Skyrim: A blaster would be about forty five, fifty Septims.

Ponder

Also, for the scene requiring an engineer, is that supposed to happen on the station or later in the story?

Just in case, I left my post open ended so that if you wanted to bring Griffith into a situation you could. He'll just show up wherever he's needed.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Later in the story. For now, just have him wander around the station, and gradually find his way to the recruitment center Garza and his group are setting up.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, by the amount of CC's I've read stating that their characters 'dislike' the Dominion, and Arcanus owes everything he has to the Dominion...there's gonna be some sort of problem.

Ponder

Oh, that's right! I forgot to include the Legion in the dislike section.

*facepalm*

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, I think Ria and her group will take care of any altercations. For most of the RP, you will be on a ship filled with mercs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts