Amnesia: The Dark Decent (on special on steam right now, REALLY CHEAP!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Amnesia: The Dark Decent is a horror game on PC, I've had it for a while but I just saw it was on special on steam for only $4! It usually costs $20. This is worth buying guys.

It's seriously the MOST scary game out right now, it's a realllyyy good horror.. I'm never scared by any horror movies, but I am fluffin plopsting my pants playing amnesia. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to spend some time either on their own or with a few mates getting scared plopsless.. the aim of the game is basically go around this castle, finding out about yourself and what you're there for.. as you have amnesia (obviously) and can't remember a thing. But there's a shadow following you, some kind of demon, and it fluffs with you. There's many obstacles to get past and it requires some strategy, as well as a lot of running for your life because you have no chance at killing the enemies in this.. they're strong as fluff (kill you in one hit sometimes) and pretty damn fast as well.

Here's a really funny video of this guy getting majorly scared by it.. note that it doesn't seem very scary in the video, because A you're busy laughing at this other poor sod. B you're not immersed in it, and C it's a tiny little box/not very high quality picture. xD Trust me, the video doesn't capture any of it's scariness.. don't judge it on that. :p but it is really fluffing funny.

TL;DR version:

A really good horror game is 80% off on steam atm, it's only $4 right now and it's totally worth the buy.. it's seriously the scariest game you'll ever play in a long time. I highly recommend it; Extremely fun to play with a bunch of mates who like to think they're tough. xD It's called Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Look it up on Steam. xD

Jeruhmi

I am 50/50 going to buy this... not entirely sure.
I would be using it for making a playthrough just for funny reactions, etc :p
I'm not 100% sure... I have $4 in my PayPal and just bought Borderlands and L4D2.
Should I buy it?

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Have you ever played a horror game before? Do you get scared easily?

A lot of people become too scared to even play it, in which case they don't use their money very well. xD But if you think you'll be able to make it all the way through, then definitely.. it's even better if you got some mates to play with. If you make reaction videos, post them here if you want. xDD

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I have the game but never had the time to play it. I want to play it in the middle of the night with all the lights turned off... Perhaps this halloween, I might do it but I got so much work due on that day -.-

Jeruhmi

I purchased F.E.A.R 3 years ago and played it a bit. What sort of a horror is it? Like, do things jump up, or...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I purchased F.E.A.R 3 years ago and played it a bit. What sort of a horror is it? Like, do things jump up, or...
You need to get objectives done like solving puzzles. There are monsters in the game. You can't fight back, period. So you need to hide, run and use all your wits to get away from them. Try to survive, and not go insane. Yeah, there's an insanity bar. It will go up if you stay in the dark, look at scary things or stare at the monster. As the bar goes lower and lower, your visual sense blurs, you start hearing things that aren't there, etc... until you fall unconscious. Pretty intense horror game

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
How long does it take to complete the game? That sounds sort of weird after you explained it.
Haven't finished the game myself so I don't really know. I don't think it's that weird but it is pretty unique. The game is very immersive and atmospheric. You should search for a trailer video to see what it's like.

Jeruhmi

I looked at the trailer a day or two ago and found it very basic and meh. I think I would have to get the game to experience it first-hand.
Well I guess I will buy it, hmm.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I once watched a “Let’s Play” of this. Damn, that’s one scary game. I don’t think I could play this seeing how I thought that “Thief: Dark Project” was frightening :~\

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
In the first 5 minutes of playing I didn't get scared at all. The thing is, if you don't feel immersed you won't actually get scared. It's not a game where creates randomly pop up in your face non-stop.

Tri-edge

im not going o premote this but why not torrent that game :) i did It. the game its self really isent that scary but it can suprise you at times hahahahah me and my friends play it late at night and we screem Its a fun game to play and its really weird o_O. if you look at the monster up front it looks kinda funny:) but good game none the less. the start is borring you dont really start seeing thing till The middle on the game thats what it get freaky

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
im not going o premote this but why not torrent that game :)

If everybody was like you game companies would be bankrupt. :sadface:

You may think "It's okay if I pirate is, everybody else is buying it!". What if everybody thinks that, though?

I bought it a few days ago - it's a pretty good game but as mentioned earlier you have to be in the shoes of Daniel to experience the game fully. Immerse yourself with his story.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Finished playing the game a while ago, I did spoil some parts by watching some vids. But most of it was unexpected. Pretty scary parts, especially the sewer part where the shadow is chasing you and you need to distract it.

I'm now playing some penumbra, but it's really not scary at all compared to amnesia. The music makes it feel scary, but the fact that you can kill the monsters (or at least the dogs) is dissapointing.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I'll probably be purchasing this later tonight or tomorrow. Looks pretty good and I've heard great things about the atmosphere you're dropped into.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts