1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative interpretations. Miraak's true plan?

Discussion in 'Dragonborn DLC' started by FullmetalHeart20, Jun 26, 2014.

1. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about how many holes Miraak's master plan had. Even if he could single handedly conquer Tamriel, how could he expect to trick Mara in his own realm. He's supposed to be smarter than this. Then something occurred to me.
    Assuming you believe the theory that a dovahkiin's soul works the same as a regular dragons, you absorb Miraak's soul. Then you can leave. To Tamriel. On Nirn. So what if taking over the world was just a pretext to lure the only being in existence who can smuggle your soul?
    Miraak creates a weird crisis to get the Dragonborn involved. He gives you the motivation and power to face him in battle. He absorbs three dragons who've been imprisoned together for millennia, and then all of them are absorbed into the compound consciousness that you've been building over the game. Then he has time to pursue numerous methods to gain a corporeal form. The entire plot was a pretense for turning you into a mule for three dragon souls and Miraak.
    What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Cherry: 7 Points (Cool theory) Aug 13, 2014
  2. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

But the point is that the plan he talked about could've just been a red herring. When you absorb his soul, you take it with you to Nirn. He could know a way to disentangle himself from the dragonborn. If that's the case, his plan's still ongoing.

• Like Like x 1
    XIIGenocide: 4 Points (rep for thinking) Jul 15, 2014
    AS88: 27 Points Aug 11, 2014
  3. XIIGenocide

XIIGenocide The Scaled Arcanist

Thats actually a really cool way at looking at it, certainly made me think.

4. Toxius

Toxius Frost Wolf

There was actually cut content that it was implied that it wasn't over. Some of it is at the Trivia section of the wiki.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Miraak

5. Kohlar the Unkilled

Kohlar the Unkilled Time for some ale

If Miraak knows of quantum entanglement, than I have indeed underestimated him.

• Funny Funny x 1
    The Phantom: 8 Points (That made me laugh. No idea why it impressed me so much, but here's some rep.) Aug 26, 2014
  6. Cherry

Cherry Farfetch'd is judging you!

Interesting interpretation. I can imagine the souls of Miraak and the Dovahkiin locked in combat, struggling to control the body they both now inhabit.

7. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what made you decide Miraak's ultimate plan was to conquer all Tamriel? I actually took a completely different view of Miraak's motivations. I decided that his taking over the people of Solstheim's minds to make shrines and killing the Last Dragonborn was all in aid of escaping Apocrypha and resigning from Hermaeus Mora's service, both goals I fully sympathised with.

Your theory matches nicely with mine. Luring in another Dragonborn with a history of performing heroic rescues and harshly treating those who try to mess with them so they'll smuggle out your soul is a pretty cunning way of escaping Apocrypha and old Hermy. Certainly puts a new light of those: "Nyah-nyah-nah-nyah-nyah" comments he makes when stealing your dragon souls from you.