1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Aldmeri Dominion VS The Chantry (DA/Skyrim)

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Raijin, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

This thread was created for Both Skyrim and Dragon age fans on this forum :) Not sure where I could've placed this at so I've created it under General Skyrim Discussion :)

So you have the Aldmeri Dominion (Mages) and The Chanty (Templars/Seekers) clashing swords and casting spells at each other. Who do you think would win this Great war? Who would be the new dominating rulers of Tamriel?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Mighty Pecan Pie

Mighty Pecan Pie The secret American

This is choosing between two evils.. I would guess for the Templars.

(BTW: Where is the poll?)

3. Raijin

4. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

Dominion, the Chantry always seemed weak.

5. Raijin

How exactly is the Chantry weak if you don't mind me asking? To be fair their very much like the Dominion.

6. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

Spells > Swords and Faith

7. Raijin

Templar's has anti magic specialization abilities. http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Templar_(Dragon_Age_II)

The real question is... would this technique still work in Tamriel? Theirs no Fade but Oblivion. If the Templar's can deny the mage abilities to cast their magic against them then the elves are essentially powerless to defeat the Chantry.

I suppose that this is where Wood elves and Khajiit comes to play... non-magical NPCs that are loyal to the Dominion.

8. Opinionated Asmodeus

As the Aldmeri Dominion mages have no need to make a connection to a Fade that doesn't exist in Nirn, the Chantry would lose. The Templars of DA are made to combat mages connected to the Fade. If there is no connection for them to sever, they cannot make the Aldmeri Dominion mages Tranquil. This is a completely different kind of magic. Plus, if the Aldmeri Dominin mages know some Raise Dead or Summon Dremora spells, how do you expect them to win? Even if they have Lyrium on their side, they would lose.

Edit: Them being the Chantry.

And... Origin of MagickaEdit
    According to legend, Magicka is what is left of Magnus's power when he was all but destroyed in the creation of the mortal plane. It is also likely that Magicka is also made up of the residual power of the other creators of Nirn.

9. Jader

Jader The Mystic Marksman

Eh between two evils..I'd have to say the chantry.never cared for altmers,slimey,arrogant elves.

10. Edgeheaded

Edgeheaded Dunmer Warrior

Thalmor.

11. Magelord96

Magelord96 New Member

the only way the Templars and Seekers could have an edge is if the mages of the Aldmeri Dominion drew their powers from the fade. Their magic comes from Aetherius. And unless the Templars and Seekers could find a way to counter their magic, I think in my opinion, the dominion would win