Glitch Alchemy loop (with patch 1.9) = over level 100 in half an hour

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
step 1: have patch 1.9 so that you can do the legendary skill set tree thingy.
step 2: make sure you have really good combat skills, because if you level too fast you'll be facing legendary dragons every other minute with 40 one handed. so keep this in mind.

PROCESS:
step 1. gather as much of these there ingredients as possible: Salt, Cyrodlic spadetale, and Abacean longfin.
step 2: have alchemy of at least 50 with as many perks in the alchemy tree as possible (don't worry, you'll get these all back later and you only have to get it up to 100 once.)
step 3: have enchantments that fortify alchemy at least up to 15%. the higher your enchantments, the easier this is to do and faster it goes by.
HOW TO GET FORTIFY ALCHEMY ENCHANTMENT:
do the dark brotherhood quest "Mourning never comes" and do the bonus side assassination to get Muriels ring. OR go to solitude and check out the Radiant Raiment every once in a while, they should be your main source of unknown enchantments.

step 4: equip all your alchemy gear, possibley with the falmer helmet glitch allowing you to wear to helmets with fortify alchemy at once. I think they might have fixed this with the 1.9 patch.
step 5: make a fortify restoration potion with the above three ingredients. you only need to use two, so use your brain and conserve ingredients as much as possible. don't waste. make the potion, drink it.
step 6: after drinking it, dis-equip and re-equip all your alchemy gear. they might have boosted a bit in power.
repeat this process over and over until eventually you'll be making potions with 103535910 value. ocne this happens, you should instantly jump to level 100. once you get as far as you're comfortable with, make ANOTHER restoration potion.
step 7: reset your alchemy tree. Drink that potion, re-equip your gear, and make another restoration potion with huuuge value. this should jump your alchemy up to 100 again in one potion if you made your gear strong enough. repeat this process as much as you want. I went from 55 to 70 in less than ten minutes by this tactic. :)

Now with all your extra perks, you can spend them all on your main skills without having to worry about leveling more to get more perks. this easily can get you over 100 perks (although there aren't even 100 useful perks so i wouldn't go that far)

thanks.

JClarke1953

Especially this old man! So, all I need to do is collect a boatload of mats for Alchemy? Thing is, I don't have Alchemy perks at all (Yeh Yeh, I did use an exploit) as I prefer doing Enchant's for my gear and/or weapons such as staff's (which I rarely use anyhow).

Is Alchemy the only way to advance or are there other alternative's. I've yet to dl the patch, so I have plenty of room to work if I have to go out and gather mats. Or can the same be done thru Enchanting gear?

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Especially this old man! So, all I need to do is collect a boatload of mats for Alchemy? Thing is, I don't have Alchemy perks at all (Yeh Yeh, I did use an exploit) as I prefer doing Enchant's for my gear and/or weapons such as staff's (which I rarely use anyhow).

Is Alchemy the only way to advance or are there other alternative's. I've yet to dl the patch, so I have plenty of room to work if I have to go out and gather mats. Or can the same be done thru Enchanting gear?

It can be done, but it would require over 100 grand soul gems, over 100 blank items of each alchemy enchantment, and well over 100 snowberries and sprigging sap.
so basically it's easier to do the alchemy way. If you have the maximum enchantment power (including potions) than you can do this much easier and you probably won't need the perks. it's worth a shot.

JClarke1953

Okay, well, one thing is Spriggan Sap isn't very easy to acquire, so I guess the Alchemy route is my best option.

Now I have to locate the thread for the how-to on that, and see what happens. I guess though I need to send my char's out to hiking and begin grabbing mats. Is there a specific list of item's of what I should get? What will I need to do as far as gear to help with the Alchemy? Since all 3 of my char's are in the mansion in Solstheim, I guess I can pretty much do everything there.

One char hasn't killed Alduin as yet, is it suggested that he be taken care of first? The War is over for all three, as is Mirrak. I've begun to work in the Theives Guild, but then I'm not sure on that.

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Okay, well, one thing is Spriggan Sap isn't very easy to acquire, so I guess the Alchemy route is my best option.

Now I have to locate the thread for the how-to on that, and see what happens. I guess though I need to send my char's out to hiking and begin grabbing mats. Is there a specific list of item's of what I should get? What will I need to do as far as gear to help with the Alchemy? Since all 3 of my char's are in the mansion in Solstheim, I guess I can pretty much do everything there.

One char hasn't killed Alduin as yet, is it suggested that he be taken care of first? The War is over for all three, as is Mirrak. I've begun to work in the Theives Guild, but then I'm not sure on that.

Exactly. Another ingredient is blue butterfly wings, which I just remembered, so that's a lot easier to get.
Enchant four pieces of gear with fortify alchemy (head, ring, amulet, gloves).
other ingredients you might want while you have the restoration super boost:
Smithing: Spriggon sap, Sabercat tooth, and I think blisterwort.
Enchanting: Sprigon sap, snowberries, ash spawn dust

JClarke1953

Well, I know I have a boatload of Grand Soul Gem's as well as Black one's. and I know where to get more (unless of course those €¥%£# got rid of those particular area's).

Can I use the Alchmey to boost everything? Or will I need to do each separately? My Mage's are pretty much Destruct and Conjure. They mine pretty much everything, and I like boosting Enchants (like my Royal Vampire gear. My char is no Vamp, I just like the gear. So I boost the boot's and gauntlets for Destruct, Conjure, Fire resistance and Sneak. I mostly have my Dremora Lords do the fighting, and do not use followers much.

I almost forgot, what about using the Trainer's? I know they ain't cheap, but would that be as fast, or faster? Or can what you get from them be maxed out better going the Alchemy route?

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Well, I know I have a boatload of Grand Soul Gem's as well as Black one's. and I know where to get more (unless of course those €¥%£# got rid of those particular area's).

Can I use the Alchmey to boost everything? Or will I need to do each separately? My Mage's are pretty much Destruct and Conjure. They mine pretty much everything, and I like boosting Enchants (like my Royal Vampire gear. My char is no Vamp, I just like the gear. So I boost the boot's and gauntlets for Destruct, Conjure, Fire resistance and Sneak. I mostly have my Dremora Lords do the fighting, and do not use followers much.

I almost forgot, what about using the Trainer's? I know they ain't cheap, but would that be as fast, or faster? Or can what you get from them be maxed out better going the Alchemy route?

training definantly isn't the way to go. This alchemy loop I explained, if you have the prereqs, can be accomplished in less than half an hour, whereas training would take hours of making money and buying it and selling things to get the money back.

A good way to legit way to raise alchemy is make invisibility potions out of chourus eggs and vampire dust or ninroot. can get value of over 1000, or use giants toe + wheat + hanging moss for something like 2500+ value.

JClarke1953

Yeh, you're right, as I'd have to seek them out, and that would take time. Coin is not much of a problem, as each char has about $750k, plus many gem's, all kinds of ingots as well as a filled trophy room of high end weapons.

I better write down what you say I should get for mats as well as gear to work the Alchemy. And I need to find our how to level up my Mage abilities as far as Destruct and Conjuring.

DirtySki

Premium Member
I already had the 29% gear. I went & made some fortify resto pots (around 6, each successive one stacks with the last) & I swear I just leveled INSTANTLY.

I drank all 6 pots, donned my 4 pieces of 29% gear & made a damage magicka Regen pot that had some ludicrous numbers on it (was worth something like $3 million lol). I no plops INSTANTLY leveled to 100. So I did it again & again & again lol. Within 15 minutes, I had made 20 levels.

I would suggest if you want to do this, do it asap. This will definitely be hit with the Nerf bat once it hits YouTube. To anyone who reads this & is confused about it, this is an exploit so if you're not into that, please move along.

Another side note to add....Be sure to save your game before attempting this or any cheat/exploit as it can corrupt your game file. I noticed i'm having some issues with leveling other skills since they patched this. Not sure what its caused by but lockpicking seems to get "stuck" every now & then so I have to repeatedly break picks to get it to advance. This is prior to doing the exploit above & even moreso after. Happy hunting.

joreth

if you do to decide to go this route take heed of the first two steps described
step 1: have patch 1.9 so that you can do the legendary skill set tree thingy.
step 2: make sure you have really good combat skills, because if you level too fast you'll be facing legendary dragons every other minute with 40 one handed. so keep this in mind.

if you do this early on in the game you proly wont survive all that long, and i know most people who read this already have good combat skills i just wanted to warn the random players who come looking for tips on how to level up quick

jlikes08

I kept going until I was getting effects of -17166363839 (random number but negative.) Legendaried my alchemy twice since I don't use it ever. Somehow my Nightingale hood now reduces illusion cost by negative hundreds of thousands of percent. So now I have 0 illusion cast cost with Nightingale hood. And +9000000 to lock pick and one handed weapons with Nightingale gloves. Idk how they were effected differently but I love the outcome lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DirtySki

Premium Member
I kept going until I was getting effects of -17166363839 (random number but negative.) Legendaried my alchemy twice since I don't use it ever. Somehow my Nightingale hood now reduces illusion cost by negative hundreds of thousands of percent. So now I have 0 illusion cast cost with Nightingale hood. And +9000000 to lock pick and one handed weapons with Nightingale gloves. Idk how they were effected differently but I love the outcome lol.

Just don't take them off lol. You'll have those stats until you remove the equipment. Once you do that, you'll have to make/drink more resto pots to get a similar effect.

jlikes08

Just don't take them off lol. You'll have those stats until you remove the equipment. Once you do that, you'll have to make/drink more resto pots to get a similar effect.
Well my alchemy helmet was like that too. I took it off and placed on the mannequin in my house and when I look back it still had the effects. I was mad cause now I gotta get new armor to enchant with alchemy fortify. Then I put on my Nightingale hood... Will it change when o reequip it?

DirtySki

Premium Member
Well my alchemy helmet was like that too. I took it off and placed on the mannequin in my house and when I look back it still had the effects. I was mad cause now I gotta get new armor to enchant with alchemy fortify. Then I put on my Nightingale hood... Will it change when o reequip it?

Yes it most definitely will. I know there's a way to use the resto exploit directly, to get mega enchanting numbers. I'm not entirely sure of the process or if its even that much different than using the resto pots with enchanted gear. Every now & then though, I'll be under the effect of a resto pot, go to enchant something & will have to wait for it to wear off or have +10963258% one handed damage. I'm guessing that you enchanted that fort alchemy hood while under the effects of a resto pot & that's why it happened that way.

jlikes08

No I followed the instructions. Made a fortify restoration potion, drank it, unequipped and reequipped my armor and jewellery, then made another potion. Rinse and repeat. Every time my % on my armor and jewelry would go up and once it got into the millions of percents it went to a negative lol

DirtySki

Premium Member
I should've been more specific. You'll still see the astronomical numbers on your gear, even if you take it off, while you're under the effects of a resto pot. As long as you continue to wear that gear, without taking it off, those astronomical numbers will still apply. Once the 60 seconds is up however, you will no longer see the huge numbers. If you remove your gear after the potion wears off, its gone & you'll have to start the loop up again. The only exception I found is the one I listed in my previous post. I'm not really positive how that's done but I'll go try to duplicate it now.

jlikes08

I've traveled to 3 different Capitols and unequipped reequipped, dropped, left in a chest for 24 hours wait time. The effect won't go away. I gotta go to the thieves guild and see how this +9mil % lock picking helps lmao

DirtySki

Premium Member
Well my friend, you're in uncharted territory as far as I can tell. I've been playing this game since launch & have never known that to happen like that. Perhaps the gods of skyrim have blessed you. I'd go have some fun while you can as they're a fickle bunch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts