• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I took this from @Anouck her FB page:

12553077_944960638920954_7488180697529529595_n.jpg

Of course you can discuss that it's just another person gone, which strictly spoken is true. However, I think amongst here we see Alan Rickman mostly as Snape, one of the most famous Harry Potter characters which my generation literally grew up with. I can safely say we're all geeks/nerds on this site, and almost every geek/nerd likes Harry Potter. (If you don't, you're wrong). So I guess this time, to us, it can be more than just another death.

R.I.P. Alan Rickman.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
RIP Severus Snape, Sheriff of Nottingham... Hans Grubber..

You were almost always the snarky villain. Sometimes the anti-hero, the guy that made me laugh or cry. You will be missed dearly.

Two of the many people of my childhood have now died. Robin and Alan. Who's next? Maggie Smith? Betty White?! I can't... I just can't.

When I read the facebook feed and saw that headline.. "Alan Rickman Dies at 69 from Cancer." my heart lurched and dropped.

But I'm not crying. I won't cry. He wouldn't want that. So I'm going to burrow what a facebook user said about Alan:

"No. He's not dead, I refuse to believe it! He's in the wizarding world now, we muggles just can't see him!"

What really gets me is the fact he suffered from cancer and hardly anyone knew. Having two of my family members pass from cancer.. this makes me even more depressed. I wish I could have given him a hug. Or anyone with cancer for that matter.

RIP

(PS, say 'hi' to Robin for me! And that spunky Joan Rivers too! ;) )

Vegito123

It is sad that Snape is dead and Alan Rickman did a good job playing him and bringing him to life from the book and shows that cancer can affect anyone and can be hard to know if it will go away or will stay in the body and sometimes the treatment is hard to do, and the cost can be ongoing and know how it can feel to lose someone to cancer and have had some family members die due to this virus. I was surprised he acted in the first Die Hard film and know I remember seeing him in it and am amazed how he was able to put emotion and strictness into the character he played as Snape in the Harry Potter films which made you not like him at times and he was sort of an anti-hero guy protecting Harry Potter just not being kind to him the way you would expect him to. I hope his family get through this sad time and also hope they are together and remember the good times and also how he lived and do well to preserve his memory for the coming months and years to come.

rz3300

He was truly one of the really talented actors out there and it is a sad loss for the entertainment community. I love his performances in Die Hard and of course Harry Potter, but he had a lot more to him as well. It is always sad to lose someone who we have come to adore, and all accounts are that he was a great man and I am sure that his family will muss him.

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
Also, I know I'm a bit late (a week to be exact ) but R.I.P David Bowie

Can't you just imagine David walking up to the golden gates and Freddie standing on the other side and this sweet base line starts playing?

TaliaAI

I was kind of shocked to see that Alan Rickman died, I mean the guy wasn't that old, he could have lived longer and he shouldn't have died of cancer. From all the interviews I've read and listened to, he seemed like a cool guy. I wasn't really around when Harry Potter was a thing, so in my mind, I don't see the death of Snape the character, but the death of Alan the actor.

I wish the best for his family, and for everyone else dealing with his loss.

Rest in peace Mr. Rickman, wherever you are.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
According to reports, his battle with cancer was never revealed to the public. A few close relatives, friends, and actors/actresses knew about it.

My theory is, he knew it was coming.

When I looked at the last video Robin Williams ever did (interview), he looked so defeated and haggard. Literally dying.

Alan never looked like that. He always had a smile or smirk on his face. I hope his thoughts were along the lines of:

"I've everything I could ever ask for. I've lived a very fulfilling life. Perhaps it's time."

He died with family and friends surrounding him from what I read. So if my theory is true... he died with a smile on his face with those who loved him.

What a way to go. :) I really hope this is true. Makes me feel so much better knowing that.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
I'm only hearing of this now. Sad news indeed.

MarkOfDavison

The first movie I ever saw him in was Quigley Down Under, and I will always see him in that role. He could truly bring a character to life, and just him being in a movie was enough to make me rent it. Cancer has taken too many, and hopefully in the future it will be stopped. RIP.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts