• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I never cast an opinion against yours Daryl. I said I didn't like it all that much but never said you couldn't, then tried to explain dooms reasoning. I don't want a stupid argument like this to rip an RP to pieces. The logical solution to me is to vote.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    But this isn't about opinions. Be grateful I compromised by not having my original idea of having elves an integrated part of society.

I might have opinions against something of yours but it's not my place to tell you it isn't allowed. I like my new idea better than the original but I think you are trying to give yourselves too much power of what I can integrate into my own kingdoms culture.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It's not a vote of if I'm allowed to have elves or not, its a vote on whether or not you consider yourselves above me regarding the RP. So far above that you control what I do and don't have in my own lands.

I've changed it so it doesn't affect you, you'll take away something that only affects me.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Daryl, calm down, seriously. No one is trying to deliberately spite you, and no one is trying to give themselves power over your kingdom. At what point did I say you weren't allowed and at what point did doom say you weren't allowed? We said we don't like it, that's all. You're pressing that convincing us doesn't matter to you, but you're trying to convince us anyway by arguing your case. Read it back, no one told you you couldn't have them, and yet here you are demanding gratitude at your compromise.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    So even if we all say that we don't want elves, you're still gonna implement them?

It's not about how it affects the rest of us, or even you for that matter, but you have to look at the bigger picture here. Me and blitz worked on the Beastiary, we both added in races, to which both you and colscout agreed. You wanted vampirism and we agreed. That was that, the lore was set in stone.

Now we have 5 KCs in the roleplay since you didn't bother to add your own, most of us already posted and are getting into the lore, and here comes Daryl after almost a month trying to add another race. That, however, isn't the reason I don't want elves in the RP.

I don't want them because there's no need for them to be here. If there are only 3 elves alive in the world, why have them at all? Are they THAT essential to the plot of your kingdom that you only want people with pointy ears that can live longer, and not humans or harpies(which are simillar to elves and have already been made).

Creating a whole race just so King Prototype could have an elf family is just not worth it, and I don't see the reasoning behind it all. You did say your kingdom is going to be like the one in WAL, but that doesn't mean you can't make some minor changes. We aren't in the TES lore anymore, we have our own thing, with the only thing in common being the schools of magic.

The one thing I want to know is why exactly you want Violeta and Alex's daughter to be fluffing elves so bad?

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Well, Valin would like to speak an his observational and entirely unbiased opinion now.

Okay, so, personally, Daryl, I'm against you using elves. I love elves, played one in dragon age origins, I'm a die hard bosmer fan, but I feel like the typical elf doesn't fit in this world. I would fully support a elf that was completely different from common fantasy worlds (short maybe, perhaps evil, more toward the elf that is known by people who aren't aware of fantasy lore) However that's not what you want, and I can see why.

Now, here are my reasons why. First, I don't think this world needs to have anything that is commonly used in fantasy. I recommend that anything we take from another fantasy world, we portray in a completely non cliche way. (Giants being kind isn't a very common thing, and we did it.) I say, that the compromise should be Daryl creates his own race, that is exactly what he needs, and then there is no issue with it being cliche and such.

Now, if I remember correctly back to my argumentative essay classes, I need to recant your argument now, to prevent you repeating the same argument with me, over again. You're saying it isn't that big of a deal because there is only a couple of elves. We don't have a problem with the characters, we have a problem with the race and the lore behind it. By your argument, the dwemer aren't a big deal in the elder scrolls because there is only a handful of characters that are dwemer.

In conclusion (see what I did there, I really went back to classes.) I say that it's fine if you want to create a new race in the rp, but I recommend it is actually a "new" race. Now, i never said you "had to" I only reccomend, I can't make you do anything, nor do I want to make you do anything. However, from what I have noticed from a lot of RP's, is that if a lot of people are giving you advise, it might be best to at least consider it, but once again, I can't and don't want to make you do anything. :)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    And I've made the elves non elf cliche also, Valin.
    I want them to be elves, I don't need a grand master plan behind it. I made them elves deliberately for variety, I don't want some bird lady to be Alex's wife. Might as well be saying "Why not just make it a hagraven"

I've come up with my own history for a race, even if I didn't create the concept. Not a single race you guys have made have been original. I'm 85% confident the appearances aren't your original source material, and so why does the appearance of these elves matter?

You said so yourself black, it's not important, they just have pointy ears and live longer :D

Also, I don't care about using something that has already been made. It's not like my options are limited, I'm free to add to it. Honestly, you guys are ridiculous.

By your logic now Black, it sounds like if I called them Joels you'd be happy. Joels with pointy ears, golden skin, and live longer than the average human.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    If you're going to be that restrictive to what I can do with my own characters I'll create an entirely separate race. But I won't limit it to three characters. Although I do believe it would be much better for the elven idea. But whatever it takes to keep you people satisfied with what I create for myself-.-

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I set myself on the appearances Daryl and then attempted to find a source picture, which is why some don't have them, so don't even begin to start saying that stuffs not original. Where have you seen a tribe of rock men before? Where have you seen dragon wolves? Where have you seen the Grok, Viryi, Styre, Dzin or Fex before in fantasy Daryl? If none of them are original, then please do tell me where you've seen them before?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I was talking about originality in general, and I referred to the pictures. You don't like it when people get nitpicky with you? I like your races, but I was giving examples on how you people are being hypocritical. So what if they're elves? Elves are in other fantasy yes, but not like this. But whatever, once the final vote is in I'll change it.

Its extra trouble I have to go through with a decision that shouldn't fluffing matter. So much effort for an RP that will likely wither away and die by this time next year. Maybe half that time. "Oh you took too long to give us the idea." Whatever.

I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Actually, I am proud of myself. We got a good world designed, we got good kingdoms established, and through a bit of everyone's commitment we have a solid lore set and races like none other I've ever seen. So yeah, I'm proud of what we've managed to do, creating an original world with our own ideas to fill it. You know, kinda the whole point of it, making an original world and all. We won't vote Daryl, seeing as how that seems to upset you too. Absolutely none of us have outright told you no, and you know that. Valin put it best, it's a recommendation. The fact that you're still here arguing to try and get us on your side renders your earlier statement about you not caring what we think entirely invalid as it is now obvious that you do. If you feel the need to throw elves into this, then go right ahead. We are simply letting you know how we feel on the matter, and providing reccomendations.

As for me not liking you being nitpicky about the bestiary? I'm afraid you're taking what I've responded with in the wrong way. I am asking, if any of that is unoriginal, tell me what it is and ill fix the problem. The fact that you turned to that rather than giving an answer drives me to believe it was just a wild statement. I want this to work, and as I've said, I want this to be original. It's not for me to say, it's not my RP, that's just what I want for it. So, if you do genuinely believe that parts of the Beastiary are unoriginal or copied from elsewhere, help me fix the issue.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    And it's not an issue of you takin too long. The issue doom is having there is that we've begun to settle into the loot with the beasties we have and then you decide to ad another. He's saying that if you had suggested it before we all started getting stuck into the RP as it is, it wouldn't be so big a deal.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    You purposely took that out of context-.-
    You yourself said you will update it as we continue along so using time as a factor shouldn't matter regardless. I couldn't even get to my first post without my ideas being shut down. Why bother saying you're not telling me no when we all know that if I went ahead and added elves you would all spite me further than you already do. It's not a choice of mine, it's a choice of yours, so either way it's something being taken away that I tried adding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Stuck into the RP in YOUR kingdoms, mine hadn't been established yet. So your logic therefore is thrown out the window.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Not my logic, doom's logic. Don't turn this on me. And for fluffs sake no one is telling you no, and no one is fluffing trying to spite you! And why the fluff would we spite you anyway, what possible reason do we have? This is seriously beginning to piss me off Daryl.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Your reasoning because you just don't like it, and having it part of my kingdom just seems like a bad idea to you.

It's been pissing me off for ages. And Valin even subtly told me I sort of had to give in.

I already submitted to your pathetic restrictions, I don't see why you don't see like I do. You can't even just look through these eyes and see the way I'm seeing it. I try the same for you, but it doesn't block out my own. If it was situations reversed I wouldn't have done what you did.

Now I am disconnected from you bits of texts on my screen and have to work my around my own creations for people I don't even like. You are the Nazi's of roleplaying my friends, either that or I'm just at the bottom of this importance list you've established for yourselves.

Say what you want, if you could look through my eyes and see the logic you'd understand. Sadly, it is lacking here. I hope you have more fun with this than I will, being able to have the perfect world you created. Thanks for forcing me to be stuck with it, with no input-.-

Don't say I do, because I already tried and if it's something you don't like it's a big no no.

You're lenient with Harpies and Giants-.-

Ugh. I'm seriously considering dropping this but I've already put too much effort into writing my post.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    So you wanna talk about originality? The races i brought to the bestiary were very original. I agree, I might have been inspired and turned harpies into a succubus-type race, and I went with giants that are friendly and smart, but that was it. Blitzz might have been inspired too when he made the races, but that doesn't change the fact they are original. You just copy-paste your plops from other places making minor changes to it. You've argued with EpicV and JoJo about this before and now I start to realize how wrong you were the whole time. Your kingdom is ruled by a guy name Alex fluffing Mercer, and now you try and bash us for our lack of originality. You want elves added in so fluffing much like your kingdom's entire plot depends on then, but you can't go out of your way to make a fluffing KC.

My logic is very viable, it's not about you joining last, you were one of the first to join this RP, and you made some contributions to it before we even started. And now you want to post in the IC, without having a displayed KC, and still have the guts to argue with me about a race you can't even care to work on and explain in an actual format. Do you realize what you're even saying? If this was any other roleplay you wouldn't even be accepted in the first fluffing place. I've been more than fluffing patient with your lazy-ass but you lack the brains to understand the situation. Don't insult people who actually worked on their plops Daryl.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    How fl*ffing dare you call me a Nazi. That's outrageous. I really fl*ffing hope that was a joke.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Daryl, you seem to have this idea tht everyone here is on one side attacking and targeting and going out of their way to spite you. Stop acting like a 6 year old, were not forcing you to do anything. For the umpteenth time, yet again, none of us are telling you that you can't add elves. Once again, it's a suggestion.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Blackdoom, you were the one talking about originality and so I threw it back at you.
    Blitzz, of course it was a bloody joke.
    I've already said I'm complying and you still want to fight. Wrong the whole time? Haha, okay.

You say I'm acting like a six year old for trying to defend myself and my right to add my contributions. I haven't copied and pasted anything, if anyone is being a six year old it's blackdoom.

No black, I haven't come up with much of a culture or history for these elves like you guys did because it was rejected before I could even say 'elf' a second time.

It's a recommendation you make to my face while holding a knife to my throat, don't pretend you don't know how forced this is. But don't worry. I copy and paste everything, have no originality and have the maturity of a six year old. "I'm the bad guy who makes fun of people that die."
    That line was stolen, see how unoriginal?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts