• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    To you it isn't okay, I didn't think you people were so easily offended. It was my thoughts, that have proven right so far, I never said its what I hoped for or wanted because it isn't. I've become invested in this world and its a pain in the ass to have people saying I shouldn't do something that only affects my roleplaying, not there's. I compromised to be mature and it still didn't satisfy you, you had to keep going, so maybe that's what is immature sky.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    You keep saying that it doesn't affect us. Will we not have contact with your nation? Will we never come in contact with the different race characters you created? I don't quite understand how you adding to the lore affects no one else.

Also, you seem to think that we are offended because you didn't agree with us. We aren't. If anyone took offense it was because of the way you presented your opinion. I don't see how it affects your freedom of speech when he didn't like how you handled the situation. If he had said "You are not allowed to say what you believe." that would be different, but he didn't.

For the race, I recommend that you use the same personality that you had planned for the elves and make up the physical appearances.

Skyrimosity

Daryl, I don't know what you want me to say. You used bad manners. You got bad manners ratings. The point of the negative ratings isn't to punish. It's more to learn. Like "Oh, I got a bad manners rating for using bad manners? Maybe I should act more polite/like a civilized human being instead of saying everyone is out to smite me and calling them Nazis"

And whatnot.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Sky said I was calling them bullies when I described what you were doing so he gave me bad ratings. So by your logic, Sky shouldn't have given me bad ratings because I didn't say "You are being mean and bullies." I just said "I've changed it so it doesn't affect you, you'll take away something that only affects me."

Also it is 3 people, 3 people that I doubt you will meet and if you do her race will be like a "Woah, that exists" not a "omg elves they're so cool everyone come look omg its an elf this affects the entire plot of the universe"

Also Sky, don't act like you gave me bad ratings for that because the post you gave me bad ratings for and what you said you gave me bad ratings for was entirely different.

Skyrimosity

Sky said I was calling them bullies when I described what you were doing so he gave me bad ratings. So by your logic, Sky shouldn't have given me bad ratings because I didn't say "You are being mean and bullies." I just said "I've changed it so it doesn't affect you, you'll take away something that only affects me."

Also it is 3 people, 3 people that I doubt you will meet and if you do her race will be like a "Woah, that exists" not a "omg elves they're so cool everyone come look omg its an elf this affects the entire plot of the universe"

Also Sky, don't act like you gave me bad ratings for that because the post you gave me bad ratings for and what you said you gave me bad ratings for was entirely different.

Well sheesh, after everything you said over that 4 page period you'd think 2 bad manners ratings was getting away scot-free.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The Draíochta (Pronounced Dry-Och-Ta, Dry-oct-ah)

Inter-species races: “Diabhal”

There are two variants of this race. The only major difference is their skin colour, while the tanish golden skinned are called Draíochta, the darker skinned are called Diabhal. For most however, Draíochta is the adoptive term used to describe them all, going into specifics is when you call the darker skinned Diabhal. So as an entire species, Draíochta is what they are called.
    Famous For

Their extremely long lifespans, tanish gold skin, darker skin, unusual eye colour.
    General Description

Overall Appearance

Their eyes are always a shade of purple for the females and red for the males. They stand with their shortest full grown adults at 6 ft, their tallest at 7'3. The females have very alluring and feministic voices, while the males usually have a deep and powerful voice. The Draíochta sleep for roughly 3 hours per every 24 hours. They eat a variety of foods, but due to their extremely powerful immune systems are capable of eating what would kill humans.
    The Head

The females are fresh faced, unlined and look perfectly sculpted. That is not to say all the females are attractive, but their faces show no signs of flaw or error. Such as freckles, aging wrinkles or blotches. The features may not be attractive, but they are without physical flaw. Their hair depends on the individual but the Draíochta have very thin hair and so it is difficult to keep their hair in a specific style, as the weather can ruin it very easily. The city dwelling Draíochta keep their hair maintained and in a specific style that suits their needs. This usually means a ponytail, or loose but neat just below the shoulder length hair. As this is very easy to maintain. It is rare to see a Draíochta with flowing lush hair.

For the males, they usually keep their hair very short and unstyled. Their faces are chiselled and craggy, a difference from their female counterparts. They are unable to grow bears and so their faces always resemble a perfectly clean shaven man. The Draíochta are unable to grow body hair in general.
    The Body

The males are usually fairly masculine, whether they are laboring workers or not. The females keep a somewhat slim athletic appearance, by nature and by their own doing. The females usually like to keep an attractive appearance for the same reasons as some human females. The males are fairly strong naturally and like to keep their athleticism. Their hands tend to grow short but sharp nails, almost like little claws. Only they protrude just past the finger and are triangular in shape, the end of the triangle being the nail. Their nails are fairly light or dark, dependent on variant of race, and extends sloping up above a normal human nail.

(What I'm trying to say is, where human nail is just flat, theirs slopes upward a little. Get me?)
    Special

They do not grow body hair, females do not menstruate, they age much slower than humans and when they do get older in age their skin does not appear to age. Their skin heals without scar. Their immune systems are extremely strong, however they are at a great weakness when something is lodged into them. Even a small bit of rock getting stuck into their skin after going through an open cut can prove very problematic and hospitalize them, their body completely rejects it and if the rock is not forced out or surgically removed via a knife or other means, their heart could shut down and they could die of a serious blood infection.
    Gods

The Draíochta do not have a cultural god, but they worship the god of their King. A fair few however are non believers, or they believe in gods of other cultures. Their culture has not created a god to worship of its own. This leads to many of the non-believing Draíochta to consider the believers of any race brainwashed into believing whatever gods they are taught to believe, since religion comes unnaturally to their race.
    Specific Accomplishments

Inventions and Discoveries

The Draíochta have helped discover many cures and tonics to poisons for other cultures, which has well integrated them as an important contributor to society. They find out when something is poisonous in other races, and by using their cures on themselves and having this poison removed. To them it is something harmless being purged from their body, but to the other races it is lifesaving. Ways the poison comes out is usually by puking or bowel movements.

So they are not cures per se, but they do remove the poison in their system.
    World View

Culture and Customs

There is no dominant workers in their culture, the males and females work just as much in most cases. There are no gender expectations, although sometimes one gender is predominantly better at an activity or job than the other. They are hard working for very long periods of time and then they have very long holidays as well, holidays which can exceed 10 years after working for 100.

Their marriage ceremonies are big outdoor celebrations, usually very fancy, regardless of class. Among the Draíochta weddings are a right that everyone has, if they cannot afford it everyone pitches in and contributes in their own way. Weddings are a sign of good faith for everyone involved, even the richest of their race have much of their own weddings contributed to by their fellow Draíochta.

Funerals are also outdoor, spiritually representing the freedom of the outdoors rather than the entrapment of closed in walls. The body is cremated in a huge fire for all to watch, and then the remains are scattered somewhere high up where the wind can take them.
    Society

The Draíochta blend in well humans very well, the way they build their houses is fairly similar only the Draíochta build bigger houses for obvious reasons. The families usually are limited to a married pair and do not exceed 3 children. Draíochta women are unable to produce more than three babies as after this most become infertile. The record for most children among their kind is 5.

The Draíochta are an important part in keeping
    Language

They do very well in picking up foreign languages and are very good readers of body language, they have integrated with the human society for a very long time and have stuck to the common tongue of the humans.
    Combat

The Draíochta are generally a peaceful race and prefer to not be involved with any tournaments or unnecessary fighting, wars included. They do still learn fighting skills and spar like most others, but most do not like to use this to fight unnecessary fights. Hunting is an entirely different matter however.

Many of the Draíochta also resort to magic, as a whole their population has 85% of females knowing magic and 65% of males.

tiefling_and_aasimar_by_chetosee-d4m99h0.jpg

The one on the right, the darker one, is how I imagine the skin of the Diabhal. However they have a tint of purple with their dark skin. Ignore the Teifling from Neverwinter. This picture is for SKIN COLOUR ONLY. And it is not a perfect representation.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I've been posting a lot of times in a row lately but I must add I have done everything you asked for and I did not want myself to be influenced too much by elves, however steering clear of anything elven would have still been influenced by them.

I've become pretty attached to these guys so please, constructive criticism only if you have any major problems with them. And so there is no confusion, no, they do not have tails. The picture was for the dark skin colour only and even then it is not 100% what I imagine. I tried to describe it though.

EDIT: Now that I think about them they're really crap...

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Good job, Daryl, if you did we wouldn't have any arguments.
    A couple things I must know about the race
    1. Their overall population
    2. Do they reside only in your area, or all over the world
    3. Do they have any weakness? They seem to know magic(which makes them strong against it as well) to be very buff and athletic(so they make good warriors) and they are immune to poisons. I'm not asking for a weakness(because I assume there is one draicochta in 10 humans or something), but if there is one feel free to mention it

EDIT: if you say the last picture is not their exact phyiscal representation, do they have tails and horns?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I just have on thing, stupid really, how did you get the í on your computer? I have no clue how to :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Good job, Daryl, if you did we wouldn't have any arguments.
    A couple things I must know about the race
    1. Their overall population
    2. Do they reside only in your area, or all over the world
    3. Do they have any weakness? They seem to know magic(which makes them strong against it as well) to be very buff and athletic(so they make good warriors) and they are immune to poisons. I'm not asking for a weakness(because I assume there is one draicochta in 10 humans or something), but if there is one feel free to mention it

EDIT: if you say the last picture is not their exact phyiscal representation, do they have tails and horns?

No, they don't have tails and horns. It was only for the color of the darker one.

Also, Blitzz, I don't remember exactly but it's alt then a few numbers. If you look up an alt guide it has all the combinations. For the most part the original came from google translate XD

Then just copying and pasting the word. I tried giving them weakness but I don't really know. You cut them and they die like humans. Their magic capabilities are the same as a human, just a lot of their population know magic. Their population is small though, which is why I made such large numbers for the percentage of knowing magic.

Their society is close knit, they are very friendly with each other and most trust each other without question.

(which is why their weddings are big deal to everyone)

In my mind I've got it all mapped out so if there's anymore questions or if I didn't even answer your questions just ask.

Also, I want them to only be apart of the upper most continent, but heavily in my area. I want them to at least have originate in my area and maybe travelers in the race have spread out to the other kingdoms.

Seeing one in the southern area would be a very rare occurrence.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Shout out to Blitzz for letting me borrow the name "The Blackveil Covenant" for one of the kingdoms that gets conquered in my first post. I was hurting for a name and asked if I could use his, Black, it is a lack of creativity there but I hope it doesn't bother you. Its a nice nod to "We Are Legion". But for the sake of clarity, its just a name and not the exact same kingdom with the same families ruling it at all.

Its just a plot device really, for my kingdoms story. I hope my neighboring kingdoms don't feel uneasy XD

If anyone spots anything relating to elves in my post (particularly Violetta Mercer's POV) let me know. I've looked and can't find any but I am sort of skimming since I still have some content to bust through. The first two POV's of Alex's children are kind of unimportant and just show some emotions of the characters and with the second one particularly shows some important relations with the Li'ivi (despite none actually appearing in the POV).

I'm trying to go all out with this but I may fumble it just a little bit, so please don't be disappointed that some POV's have more effort than others, it's just a matter of importance. Also guys, I am very proud of us all for maintaining this RP and adding in our own content. Even though I would have been fine not adding in that race, we have still supported each other and kept the life in this living. Good job!

EDIT: Is it okay if I say in my lands there is a gold mine that is the biggest mine in our land? (Sorry I forgot the name :/ I'll remember it soon though. Also, it would help in how Alex is able to maintain his kingdom after tripling the size of it. (Keeping in mind I was gimped at the start so I could conquer, so by getting bigger it is only a fair size after destroying Mr Imaginaries).

Blackdoom, if the Patel's could have been on good terms with you that would be great. If not, its fine. But if I could of had them used to trade with you and you two were never at risk of warring with each other? So not best mates, but pretty good acquaintances. Same with you Colonel? The Blackveil Covenant would be on no terms with anyone. Maybe a trade with you Blitzz, but shut out from everyone else. They would of traded with The Mercer Supremacy, until Mercer declared war.

How it works though is: Mercer offered the three join as one, and the three leaders join to together to strengthen all of their land but under one name. One Kingdom helps in one way, for example; agriculture. A joint system. The Patel's considered it, ultimately refusing. The Blackveil Covenant refused immediately, in a respectful manner. Alex then decided he would have to force this himself, as he could see the struggle all three kingdoms underwent as they were so small compared to the powerhouses that surrounded him.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Okay first of all, which is which? On the map I mean? I assumed mercer was located to the right of the Patriarchy, holding territory in the bottom part of the 3 king's full territory. The Patriarch would try and assemble a trade route with anyone he could, but if Blackvail is in the middle of your territory there can be no sea route established, and land routes would be a no-go since they are surrounded by other states. If patel is in the north, then yeah, they could have arranged a trade route, and as for the good buddies thing, I do plan on having a story arc with William's bastard, so maybe he's being taken care of by the Patel royal family or something.

Another thing about my kingdom which I feel like mentioning, every inquisitor has to answer to the Patriarch or else their titles would be stripped off, but they don't have to listen to eachother regardless of rank. The title of High Inquisitor was establish as a backup force, holding the most power out of all the other inquisitors, he might be able to depose the Patriarch if he becomes a dictator. Which is why the high inquisitor and the Patriarch were far cousins, and not brothers like in this situation.

Simply put, all inquisitors can act independent of eachother but dependent of the Patriarch, while the High Inquisitor doesn't depend on anyone, really. However William is labeled as one of the best commanders in the world, and he uses fear to keep the other inquisitors on his side. However, William still cannot do anything fancy. If he declares war on a neighbouring state without Willard's consent, or if he tries to start a rebellion, William can just start doing paperwork and strip William's field commanders of their titles until he has very few men left that are royal to him.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Guys, I know I still haven't written an introductory post yet, but I'll get on it next week. Got a film camp his week and won't have th brain power or time to work on it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Black, there is no one directly in the middle. The Blackveil covenant are closest to Blitzz, Patel's closest to you and Mercer somewhere in-between. I'll make it clear on the map when I get home.

The Patel family surrender eventually and they could have been trading with you. This gets cut off after the war but hey, the world doesn't revolve around what affects other people XD

Alex has already said he will trade with you however, as we somewhat discussed it in a private convo.

When it's all said and done The Patel's will no longer be royalty and whoever I make control the covenant will be wiped out.

William's bastard being taken care of, do you mean like Theon in GOT?

Like he was sent to another family? That could have happened yeah, it works well since The Patel's surrendered and so he will not die, therefore we won't go into insta-war.

Also, Colonel helped me with my post and we had Mercer come to him for aid. So Colonel, when I post my first post you still have contributed :p But I look forward to your post nonetheless.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Does this help Blackdoom?

P = Patel
    A = Alex
    B = Blackveil

Right now, the P + A are joined, but that's just how it was. Soon it will all be joined. But pre RP we could of had Williams Bastard with the Patel's and the Patel's have had a trade with the Patriarchy, if you'd accept that.

Then Blitzz, if the Blackveil could have used to trade with you, that would be alright. Just because for them to have no relations with anyone would be odd.

Between my 3 though, the Patel's and Blackveil didn't trade together but they both did with Alex. Now there's a war between Alex and the Blackveil, after Alex just won a war with the Patel's. Patel's = Surrendered and still alive.

Blackveil after my post = Dead.

Lets hope the aftermath of war isn't too heavy on The Supremacy XD

How do you guys post? Do you guys know most of what you write before you write, none of it, or just the main points? I'd be interested in knowing how you write your posts.

Attachments

• Map for split.PNG
      Map for split.PNG
      338.7 KB · Views: 5

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts